Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 13:36   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?

From all the cars we've recently driven, the Isuzu V-Cross was one heck of a head-turner. The attention the pickup got - due to its sheer size & body style - was unbelievable.

Thars, Jeeps & Gypsys - especially the customised ones - get a lot of attention too. My 20 year old Jeep is still a head-turner. I can't not park it in a public place without people sitting inside and checking her out.

Mercedes, BMW & Audi are now a common sight. While a C-Class or 3-Series might not be head-turners, their bigger siblings definitely are. This is especially the case at night with their fancy headlamps, DRLs & LED tail-lamps on.

On a lighter yet serious note, nearly all cars from this thread...

...and this one:

Supercars are an obvious inclusion on this thread; however, the classics are easily on par:

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2016 at 13:55.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:18   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, there is no specific car that can turn heads in India. it's either
1) Exclusivity
2) personal taste / preference.

GTO may say the V-Cross. It's quite new and not a familiar sight on the roads. Same with the Veyron's we occasionally see, or the cars of the rich. Or may be the highly modded cars.

For me, I turn around to see a good ol' TataMobile too. Or the well maintained 1.5 OHC VTECH I passed by yesterday.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:48   #18
BHPian

Even a slightly and tastefully touched up VW Polo GT is a head turner.
Don't forget the XUV's with Tyres wider than the car itself and some DRL's :P
Car_Freak_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:57   #19
BHPian

The Skoda Laura vRS in yellow/blue shade.
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-skodalauravrs02.jpg
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-1606481_233512326831918_1651572594_o1.jpg
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-11.html

The iconic Ford Mustang :
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-fordmustang01-1.jpg
Source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review)

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 30th September 2016 at 14:57. Reason: Typo error.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:00   #20
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2016 at 15:03.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2016, 16:32   #21
BHPian

It depends on the place and city as well. In Hyderabad a BMW is too common and nobody even notices. The taxi drivers would scoff at rogue beemer drivers as "thora paisa kya aa gaya".The Jaguars are perceived as Nouveau riche to the common man compared to the Merc/Audi/BMW!!!!

However in my hometown, Calcutta, any of the three Germans still enjoy a lot of snob value and turn heads.

Amongst the mass market cars, the dual trim Vitarra turns a lot of heads in the bright yellow and blue colours. A Reva, if spotted, does turn heads as well.
saion666 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Honestly the only cars that i too actually turn my head to see again are the "Volvos", Even the people around a Volvo are just trying to check out the car specially if its in the blue shade or the red! Most of the people would be looking at these cars to find out which brand is it though, For me personally i love the design of Volvo's, Be it the S60 or the XC90!

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 30th September 2016 at 17:06. Reason: Typo
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:18   #23
BHPian

Generally speaking, any car which has just been launched will turn heads. I have seen heads turn for the humble Nano when it was just launched. It depends on how much curiosity the manufacturer has been able to generate with their advertising/brand campaigns. I remember heads turning for the Skoda Rapid Black Edition. The smoked headlamps and black alloy's looked really good.
However there is another way also in which people turn their heads - when they hear loud/ blaring exhaust. I have seen so many such ordinary looking, run of the mill cars which manage to catch attention simply because they sound loud (not pleasant, just loud).
Lastly it also depends on the place. You go to a smaller town and any BIG car will have that effect.
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nano was a head turner when it was new, especially for Kids.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 18:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

To me, the head turner is one of our own - take a look at this, tell me if it ain't a head turner.... (Unfortunately, even though I am in Pune, I am yet to sight it - even though we are hardly a few kms apart)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3699325

It is bhpian amit's 'Stealth Palio'!!

If it isn't, then an eye test is in order!!

Last edited by vrprabhu : 30th September 2016 at 18:13.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 18:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
In some time almost all of the windows in the bus were filled with boys and girls popping out to enjoy the whole magic that was happening behind. We started enjoying the whole thing too, but we are used to a lot of attention since college days and this didn't excite us too much but we were aware of how the students in the bus would feel, we smiled and continued our relaxed driving.
Exactly! I don't know what the connection is but kids/younger generation tend to have this massive fan following for a BMW. I always get the most loud and excited reactions from them as well. I wonder if they react similarly to merc's or an audi. Would be interesting if a Merc or an Audi owner can chime in here.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 30th September 2016 at 19:01.
Old 30th September 2016, 19:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

I had a lot of people staring at me while I drove my Palio S10. Part of the reason why I sold it off. The amount of attention it grabs is just humongous.

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_1707.jpg

Right now I'm having a similar problem, but not as severe with the Cedia. Getting tired of rickers egging me to "race" with them, on city roads and highways

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_20160228_1428232001.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 19:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I had a lot of people staring at me while I drove my Palio S10. Part of the reason why I sold it off. The amount of attention it grabs is just humongous.

Attachment 1561195

Right now I'm having a similar problem, but not as severe with the Cedia. Getting tired of rickers egging me to "race" with them, on city roads and highways

Attachment 1561196
Tell me about it. With LTD sticker and RALLIART wooing on the boot, I too got tired of every I20, XUV, Scorpio and other wanna be SUVs tailgating me.! Now with Jetta heads turn, but no mad chasing!
Attached Thumbnails
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-1475245138024.jpg  

RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 20:32   #29
BHPian

I think a head-turning moment also happens when your car's colour is completely unexpected. Specially in the eastern UP where I'll say 99.5% of Scorpios (or for that matter all SUVs) are in white colour, a red scorpio turned too many heads

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-scorpio-compare-2.jpg
Old 30th September 2016, 20:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have noticed that even the ugly/badly customized cars are head-turners albeit in a different manner.

Nowadays, KUV100(with bull bars) is the most lambasted among them all. Take a look at a weird and wacky mod job thread for some quirky mod jobs. All of them are head-turners in their own way.

Of course, as mentioned, above anything beyond the reach of commoner will always remain a real head-turner.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 30th September 2016 at 20:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks