Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:20   #61
BHPian

Re: Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?

1. The new kid (Kwid) is definitely turning heads these days
2. Well-maintained oldies- Tata Sierra, Gypsys, Amby, Padmini, Contessa
3. Mini Cooper
4. Of course, the Thar
5. Off late, the Ertiga police cars in Bangalore
Car-go-man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:33   #62
BHPian

Since last year jharkhand police have acquired quite a few brand new safari storme's for patroling in my city. The cars are entry level lx variant in plain white color with black/grey bumpers and claddings, shod with public address loud speakers, communication gadgets, sirens and warning/police lights and decals.

These look dominating and does scare people away generating a lot of attention.

Other than these, I don't find any other car generating that level of attention except the new endeavor, Ecosport and safari's. Compact SUV's like creta and vitara brezza does look good but at present there are just too many of them to warrant a second look.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 3rd October 2016 at 09:40.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:44   #63

Hi,

I would like to add, it is always out of the ordinary that make the Heads turn. people like to see that are different and uncommon be it the long and elegant vintage cars, or the German trilogy, or the super cars, or the custom built cars, or the earth shaking SUV's.

i am posting my pride and joy.
Attached Thumbnails
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-imag0583_1.jpg  

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-20130617_095751.jpg  

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-imag0933.jpg  

Sathish uk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:04   #64
BHPian

Ive been using a 2 door Rav 4 for the past 1.5 years. The car gathers a lot of attention on road and at signals. Have met quite a few enthusiasts walking over to know more about the car. Sometimes attention can be disturbing
Attached Thumbnails
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_9138-1.jpg  

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_9113.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:20   #65
BHPian

I have got a fair bit of attention for my Aquarius Ford Fiesta 1.6S. I've noticed people walking up or stopping by just to read the front and rear badges to find out what car was it I guess it is due to the unusual colour, combined with the skirts, spoiler and the alloys. Into the 8th year but I am still in love with my car very much... I'm sure whenever I get my next vehicle, it has to be a similar shade or something that stands out
Attached Thumbnails
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_9732.jpg  

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_9708.jpg  

Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_5055.jpg  

Last edited by streetfighter : 3rd October 2016 at 11:32. Reason: Minor edit
streetfighter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

Don't if these are mentioned, but they attract lots of eyeballs. I am talking about these rare iconic cars which are not seen much outside Metro's & Tier 1/2 cities. Here are some of them

1. Volkswagen Beetle
2. Volkswagen Pheaton
3. Fiat 500
4. Nissan Teana
5. Nissan 350Z/370Z
6. Chevrolet Forester
7. Hyundai Terracan
8. San Storm

There are still lot more to be added.

It's either the design or thier popularity that makes people look at these kind of cars.Owners will be happy that thier cars are getting noticed although they will be thinking about resale, lack of spare parts to name a few.
Old 3rd October 2016, 18:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

Subjective Thread.

My list goes like this :

Maruti 800SS
Contessa
Chevy SRV
Punto Abarth
Mini Cooper
VW Beetle

All Cars in Yellow colour
Any Car with Two-doors

Porsches, RRs, Jaguars, etc will always remain headturner even after 100 years.
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:43   #68
BHPian

In my list of cars seen both in India(most of my list) and some from abroad:

Good Head Turners:
  • Offroaders/SUVs covered in mud after an offroad adventure ( I take special note of well maintained Thars, 540s, CJ3Bs , Willys, Kaisers, Jeeps and Gypsies). (Owning a Thar I can vouch for the looks it gets. Happy to see the smiles on children's faces when they see it. Best time was next to a Rolls Royce Phantom and people in the Rolls were ogling the Thar.)
  • The Isuzu V-Cross/ Tata Xenon Pickups (even better with up sized tires and rims)
  • Well maintained vintage cars
  • Cars that my father owned (Standard Super 10, Standard Herald, Premier President)
  • Hindustan Land Master / Ambassador Mark 1 & Mark 4 (Don't ask why - I don't know)
  • Rolls Royce / Bentley /Porsche cars of any year or model.
  • Mercedes S-500, G Wagon & the CLS and of course any AMG version
  • BMW 6 & 7 series & Mini Coopers
  • Fiat 500s
  • Maruthi Suzuki - SS80
  • Audi R8, TT, RS7 & the VW Beetle(of any vintage)
  • Muscle Cars Mustang, Camaro, HellCat Viper
  • Super Cars - Any Lambhorgini,Ferarri,McLaren etc.
    I have to confess I look at any well maintained / aesthetically and subtly modified vehicles. Love them more if they are stealth rockets.

Bad Head Turners:
  • Anything that can qualify to be in the Weird and Wacky Thread
  • Jarring Colors/stickers/huge spoilers
  • Unnecessarily Loud Exhaust/Colors/Audio System
  • Poorly maintained vehicles belching out smoke
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 01:04   #69
BANNED

Thanks for starting this thread.

There is one method, just one, guaranteed to turn heads. I normally charge money for this advice. I am in a generous mood today.
  1. Remove every single sticker from the Windows; emission clear, alignment ad, your company logo, ALL of it
  2. Wrap a microfiber cloth around a thin stick (like noodle sticks) and clean out the 50, 100 or 500 corners of the car - AC vents, between seats, cushions, radiator grill, beneath window switches, etc.
My humble, cheap and now 16 years old car is maintained this way. I have observed one or two special looks directed at it.

One such look was from a traffic camera. The other one was a head turner (imagine Katrina K., Cameron D. and Sunny L. in one form) by herself. I told myself that it was me (the driver) that was the cause. Now I realize that my car was the real interest.

W.r.t. the large sedans and SUV types mentioned above, it seems to me that certain people buy certain types of cars to be discreet and non-standout. It has to be a top end luxury model for sure, and always in colors (silver, dark brown, dark green, grey families) that are "invisible" on roads.

Silver is very hard to spot in a group of cars. The brownish and green colored cars seem to merge into the surrounding foliage.

It will be interesting to find some statistics on colors, models and cost of a car. And correlate all that to the owners' general disposition.

Thanks for reading. My shy car did not like the traffic cam mentioned above. The cam captured light. Not my OHC.

Last edited by hangover : 4th October 2016 at 01:19.
Old 5th October 2016, 00:06   #70
BHPian

My ecosport has always helped me grab a lot of attention on the road. The wrap did the trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Which car is a head-turner on Indian roads?-img_5841.jpg  

bhavukjain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:29   #71
BHPian

My choice in no particular order.
1. Any vehicle with a Team bhp sticker.
2. "All" of Jose Peter's rides. That dude exemplifies the word subtle modification.
3. Properly polished and neatly maintained cars of all ages.
4. Clean alloys - I really cant emphasise how much a clean alloy will enhance a car's drool level indicator.
5. Classic cars - No matter in what shape, color, size or condition classics are, I will always ogle at them endlessly. There is one Impala in Sundaram motors workshop chennai, which always stands out on top of that list.
6. Good, tastefully done Number plates - I know Not the ones which are glaring or in your face type.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 01:48   #72
BHPian

For me, the cars go as follows:

Honda City Type 2.
Old Maruti Baleno.
Maruti Esteem.
Old Honda Accords.
Well maintained Maruti Zen(Jellybean)
Old 6th March 2017, 20:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

I have left out cars costing over 50lakhs. Here's my list in no particular order:

Kizashi - Speaking from experience, nearly everyone, regardless of whether they like and know about cars or not, stares at the thing. I think it is the gorgeous combination of the silver shade, shiny spindle finished alloys, black chrome grille and most importantly, that curvaceous bum with its twin exhaust pipes

Forester - No one notices it unless they know about the car. I always crane my neck over just to look at every Forester I pass, admire the simple yet mean styling and check out who the driver is and wonder what kind of guy he is

Nano - This car comes in all sorts of colours these days it is even a favourite for marketing so the thing is painted or wrapped in a bunch of odd combinations. The other reason why I personally always notice Nanos is because they tend to be driven by learners or people who find other hatchbacks 'too big' generally not the type of drivers I am comfortable driving within a radius of 5 meters.

W124 Merc - Again I admit this is something only an enthusiast will notice but I cant help it. Everytime I see one I always check to see if one OVRM is stubbier than the other A classic trait amongst them and a quirk I always admire.

W126 Merc - This one even my friends that don't care about cars notice and admire. An absolute legend.

Volvo V40 - I love the pinched lines and taut proportions of this car

Nissan Teana - Everytime I see one I try to see if the passenger/s have a look of calm and serenity about them because I just know it is the most comfy thing to be in this side of 50 lakhs

Honourable mentions (dont ask why) - Ford Mondeos, Purple Honda Civics, S10 Palios, E46 3 series, Fiat 500, Renault Fluence
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 21:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Original "Japan" Maruti Suzuki SS80.
Old 8th March 2017, 17:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

Here's my top 5, along with the reasons.

1. Volkswagen Beetle - Cuteness
2. Mahindra e2o - Curiosity
3. HM Contessa - Old Govt. Car
4. Hummer - Rarity
5. Ford Mustang - Well, its a Mustang. Period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks