Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2006, 06:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

StreetRacing

To start with my opinion is : Its stupid !

Now here begins the thread,
some of our drivers think that racing on streets makes them prove they are really great drivers, some take up even bets to race on the roads,

Some I have seen who race in city traffic, which is insane and stupid. This is an assesment, I have a nice looking Zen which is an Audio Demo car (not for racing) but has a nice throaty HKS muffler which makes it sound very crisp and deep, mine's a carb zen so, actually it sounds gorgeous, but I don't race it.
There have been times when people have come out of the way to actually challenge my car (especially on sat nights) for a streetrace.
I don't respond, but I have tried this at times, when guys get really desparate, I give it some stick, and push the throttle but keeping in mind that there are other people on the road, all I do is honk and go when someone gets out of the way, no dancing or unnecessary revving, and the other person will be pushing all they can out of their cars scaring the crap out of everyone on the road and still they just abt maintain a 30 Ft lead, cos in our traffic you can't race, I keep crusing behind them and laugh inside my car thinking they are pushing soo hard, whereas I am actually not driving fast, so what does that prove ???

-> You cannot prove anything by streetracing in India, cos the roads are not suitable.
-> Driving rash is a lot different from driving fast.
-> Anyone can drive fast on our cars, as they are small on power. (control a V8 on a real road, then you are a driver for real.)
-> Wanna prove you are a driver ?? buy time on a racetrack, lets see who gets better lap times.

PLEASE STOP RACING ON STREETS !

Even if it is on the streets, take it on an empty stretch on the outskirts at late night. Not in city traffic with other innocent unsuspecting people travelling just to probably get home. Its stupid and irresponsible.

CHEERS!

Last edited by blueraven316 : 15th October 2006 at 06:21.
Old 15th October 2006, 10:44   #2
BHPian

I fully agree with you on your opinions. In India, street racing is a perfect recipe for disaster. We are people here with less road sense and lot of road rage. Here in India most car drivers follow a simple rule... If one’s car is not as fast/quick as the other car, just block that car and do not give the right of the way.
One should just remember that “Driving is a privilege and not a right”
Old 15th October 2006, 13:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

PLEASE STOP RACING ON STREETS !

Even if it is on the streets, take it on an empty stretch on the outskirts at late night. Not in city traffic with other innocent unsuspecting people travelling just to probably get home. Its stupid and irresponsible.

CHEERS![/quote]

hmmm.....sounds like a good idea!!!!!!......jus kiddin.Yes very true it is dangerous and downright stupid.Mumbai doesnt have the place at all to do this kind of rash driving except maybe BKC....but why put someother persons life at risk and in the meantime damage your own car..fitted with headers,k n N,expansion chamber, wide throttle body........its a waste of money...if u do have the urge go book an AIRSTRIP.....errr...not a bad idea......go go-karting...but pls leave our roads alone....
Old 15th October 2006, 13:50   #4
BANNED

I think you guys are preaching to the choir. Everyone on t-bhp already knows better than to go racing in city traffic.

Right guys?
Old 15th October 2006, 13:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

If someone who does streetrace thinks his driving is so damn great then take up a challenge, come to a racetrack (give some time) to Coimbatore and lets see who can really drive .

Better still if you got the money and time , come rally, all our dear rash drivers will know their real worth on the dirt when they get to eat some of it.

Some people do streetrace in USA but their speeds are different but risks are higher too, but there are no scooter or TVS50 riders / Cyclists out there dancing on the road, moreover they do it on almost empty stretches at night.

And racing in Indian roads in traffic, one can take like a 30-50 Ft lead,
big deal that's nothing, that is not even racing.
Thats like Dumb and Dumber compettition.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 15th October 2006 at 13:52.
Old 15th October 2006, 16:53   #6
BANNED

Most dumb thing to do!!

As everybody know, Streetracing in India is the most dumb thing you can do on our roads.
I remember a guy with his heavily moddifyd gypsy revving up on me some days before. As my Alto has an automech freeflow and K&N extreme, it produces a raspy sound. And due to some ground effect lighting, some tend to misunderstand me as a racer on roads. And this guy was'nt different. He came behind me and started revving up. Couple'a times he almost ended up on my bumper. He was looking for each and every corner to overtake me. He tried some times and ended up in others' faces. All this being done in a road where 2 vehicles hardly pass each other (very narrow road). And once we reached a junction, he overtook me from the right and turned left almost putting 2 bike riders into his tyres. And he just vrrrrrroooomed away with a satisfied ego. I was still carrying on normal and within a minute I saw him stuck again in the traffic ahead. I was in the left lane and it kept moving and gradually I was ahead of him again. Now this boosted his Gypsy mind and there he started hooting like crazy and it seemed like he wanted to push the traffic aside. After about 5 mins he was behind me again revving up. I let him go and still he came very close to me (maybe wanted to make me afraid) and wanted to shove me off the road. This was too much for me. I started following him. I kept firm on his backside and did'nt leave him for another 20mins. Now he was very afraid and was taking each and every turn to confuse me and loose me. As I'm very familiar with the roads in my city now, I just kept going, going, going. After some hammering from my wife, I decided to call it off. I simply didnt turn in behind him on the next junction and left him for good.
In our traffic conditions, you'll be able to pass any big racer. And so will any kid do the same to us. So guys, whenever some muscled up guy with his steroid boosted ride passes you, dont let the ugly street racer come alive in you. That is simply dumb!!
As Blueraven said, track is the place to do it. Track will prove who can drive and who cannot.

So, when are we going to have one???
Old 16th October 2006, 01:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Track will prove who can drive and who cannot.
So, when are we going to have one???
We keep shouting hoarse about track days and no one comes.
Old 16th October 2006, 14:52   #8
BHPian

racing on tracks, well tht sounds boring to me! u just go abt wasting fuel in a closed loop, how stupid is that!!

i find rallying to be the true test for a driver and a car

hence i put WRC above F1

F1 is about speed, WRC is about skill

just my thoughts!
Old 16th October 2006, 15:26   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv
racing on tracks, well tht sounds boring to me! u just go abt wasting fuel in a closed loop, how stupid is that!!

i find rallying to be the true test for a driver and a car

hence i put WRC above F1

just my thoughts!
Hey, I cudn't agree with you more ... but the sad part is that Rallying is expensive and not too much of sponsorship available in India so lot of ppl stay away or rather are forced to stay away form it and stick to being Hotshots on the roads and risking one and all ....

But hell yes, WRC is more interesting that F1 !!

Cheers
Old 16th October 2006, 15:28   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv
Ever come across a statement that's so wrong, you just don't know where to begin? Well this is one of them.

Rally is an awesome sport, but in no way can you put down F1 as being only about speed and not skill.
Old 16th October 2006, 16:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

This thread is about Street-Racing.

If you want to discuss between F1/WRC continue your discussion HERE
Old 16th October 2006, 17:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

i agree to whatever you guys said. i mean there is no point in street racing. but what about the people who think that they are "Bryan O'Connor" in India or what about the people who have just finished playing NFS UG 1&2 & MW and Carbon and think that they can do it in real life?

i mean some of the guys just fit their cars with headers/mufflers just to show off that they have got skills. if you wanna race its better to find an empty stretch of road with no people around.
Old 16th October 2006, 20:33   #13
BHPian

although, i really wish we had a street race though. Not the NFS kind.
Somethin like Monaco or Macau.
Old 17th October 2006, 01:25   #14
BHPian

i guess youngsters think street racing is cool or a chance to prove themselves.. they forget about the fact that they are risking the life of the public ... and the movie's like fast & furious and other parts of it like tokyo drift are inspirations for them.. lets make bangalore safe in the streets..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks