Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 13:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola Outstation now available for one way trips

Ola has introduced a 'One Way' trip fare option for its Outstation ride-hailing services. This allows customers to book an inter-city cab at one way fare, thus eliminating the need to pay for the round trip that they don't intend to make. The 'One Way' option has currently been rolled out in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Ahmedabad and Kanpur. More cities will be added to the list in the next couple of months.

Ola Outstation also provides an advance booking feature, allowing customers to pre-book an inter-city cab, upto two days in advance. The company claims that each cab available for outstation trips goes through a mandatory 22 point check to ensure that the car is mechanically sound for taking the long journey without any complications.

Ola claims to have achieved a month-on-month growth of 50% within 5 months of introducing the Outstation service. The inter-city cab hailing service is currently operational in 45 cities.

Ola Outstation now available for one way trips-oneway_generic_fb.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 6th November 2016 at 13:41.
dZired is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 11:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ola Outstation now available for one way trips

If executed well, this has the potential to disrupt the inter-city market. On some highway trips, about half of all cars I spot are cabs and the segment is terribly fragmented. The disorganised segment perhaps controls a majority of it.

If Ola can bring the same reliability that it has to intra-city travel, this could be a lucrative growth segment for them. Am sure Uber is watching closely; they can't be too far behind (despite their once failed attempt in the outstation segment).

About 9 of 10 Uber trips I take are top notch in terms of car & driver quality. I look forward to the day we can count on Uber & Ola for outstation travel (actually not us per se as we'd prefer to drive our own way ).
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 17:29   #3
BHPian

Ola Out station works well, I booked Ola O/s yesterday for my friend from Mumbai Domestic Airport to Pune Home drop it costed 2200 which is less than a Shivneri (volvo) ticket for 4 persons. The car provided was indigo which could accommodate all luggage.

If Ola o/s works well then Mumbai - Pune airport drop can be benefited really well. Currently Private operators charge 900 RS per person for Pune to airport pickup and drop which is a bit too much.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2016 at 09:47. Reason: Typos
sameerpb is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th November 2016, 10:06   #4
BHPian

Good move and I hope they do a better job than some of the other services which tried this. I had tried using services like drop taxi in Chennai and learnt the hard way that these folks have no control over the cabs or drivers. You are at the mercy of the driver who comes to pick you up - once I had to pay the rate the driver asked as we weren't in a position to delay or cancel the trip.

I would also love to have a system where they charge "extra" for providing safe cars - lets say a Innova with 6 airbags and most importantly a well trained and well rested driver !!. Maybe they can call this a premium service and use cars with a good NCAP rating in each category (Liva, Figo all the way upto Innova/XUV with curtain airbags)
Old 27th December 2018, 09:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post

I would also love to have a system where they charge "extra" for providing safe cars - lets say a Innova with 6 airbags and most importantly a well trained and well rested driver !!

This is so important!!
Two years down the line and it is still unclear how much control Ola has on their outstation drivers!!
I am booking a Chennai Tirupati round trip from tomorrow and am still not confident about how Ola controls fatigue levels of their drivers.
Just hoping that a system is in place and the guy I finally get is not the oversmart chap trying to make extra bucks by hoodwinking the norms.
Old 27th December 2018, 17:42   #6
BHPian

TBH, it has been a mixed bag - not only Ola, pretty much all travel operators. Sometimes the driver is good, car is bad or vice-versa. Its a bit puzzling why Ola/Uber is not pushing a premium service where they can guarantee this ie safe car and a well rested driver - sure there is a market for this here.

P.S: This sounds funny, but I make it a point to check the tires of the vehicle when it comes and most of the times, it scares the hell out of me :-).
Old 29th August 2019, 21:40   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning to book an Ola outstation trip from Mumbai to Trimbak (round trip) in the coming week. This is the first time I am booking this service and from what I have understood is that in addition to the upfront fare that Ola is showing, I would need to pay any Toll/parking charges. Are there any additional charges beyond this? Where does the driver stay at night? Do I need to pay for his food and stay? And finally is the booking reliable as I do not want to be left stranded at Mumbai Airport on landing due to some last minute no show or cancelled booking. My other option is to take a self drive car which I am not too keen on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks