Agree 19 76.00%
Disagree 1 4.00%
Partly agree 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 16:11   #16
DRC
BHPian

Even if oyu decide to cast your vote, what choice do you have ...

Devil, deep sea
Old 17th October 2006, 16:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Even if oyu decide to cast your vote, what choice do you have ...

Devil, deep sea
there are plenty of independents from the local area who really want to make a difference or at least your votes can split the percentage.
Old 17th October 2006, 17:02   #18
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
there are plenty of independents from the local area who really want to make a difference or at least your votes can split the percentage.
Oops I forgot them.. do you remember anyone who made a difference being a independant candidate..(sorry for going off topic), Usually independants are those who contest to split the votes (caste politics), or dissatisfied partymen who failed to get a ticket.
No offence meant to any one. If the difference is to be made, we need to have /field good candidature and then participate in the poll. just starting with one side will end up being an emotional rant.
There had been attempts to reform in the past, which eventually have met with waterloo. Few examples to quote are lack of support to TN sheshan for presidential candidature (I am no fan of TNS either, but believe would have been effective in containing the political circus).
Hon'ble President's visions openly critisised by people politicians who do not know to make a good decision themselves in their life time.

I do stand by giving good security for VIPs, but expect the definition of VIP be more refined.
Old 17th October 2006, 20:48   #19
BHPian

i agree with banning of these special rules for VIP vehicles. And i have enough instances and reasons to agree.

lasgt sunday i was on my way to mulund and was, like a good driver waiting at the signal to turn green, it did and then i see a convoy of 6 VIP vehicles just pass by fromthe wrong side of the road and the traffic police actually saluting them. even though my signal was green i was made to wait while they were given the right of way. i just felt too helpless to do anything, as saying anything to them would be like .

i seriously feel that somebody should actually file an PIL against these rule breakers. today the only institution which can take some action would be the court.

Shubbhi
Old 12th June 2007, 20:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Well said! Cant make it more beautiful. X10 times.

But why this only happens in India? I've been to some countries and haven't seen the President blocking the public like this. I've even seen some Head politicians driving themselves with no security on view. But nothing here of this sort.
Our leaders get more proud by having more security it seems.

The excuse that is given is security from foreign terrorists. But I have a feeling that our rulers are actually more concerned w/ the domestic populace expressing their anger.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wayback in 1943 when the Privy Council met in England to discuss granting Independance to India, Winston Churchill opposed it saying that Indians are not yet ready for independance and democracy.

It probably still holds true...
Old 13th June 2007, 11:55   #22
Team-BHP Support

I dont understand why VIP's dont have to pay tolls at toll gates? I have seen them exempted from paying tolls on the Pune - Bangalore highway. They have a special lane even on the damn Mumbai - Pune expressway. WHY? We have to battle the weekend rush whereas they have a dedicated blocked lane which does not have traffic movement at all! And lets not get started about them entering crowded cities where entire traffic movement is stopped for them to pass.

Here are a few nice pictures taken by a friend:

Pune Airport - Illegal Parking on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pune Airport - Illegal Parking on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Delhi Police PCR vehicle on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Idiot No. 2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Idiot No. 1 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is someone doing things for a cause, he did not want to pay toll :

Oh, OK, now I know! on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

VIP LANES:

Khalapur VIP Lane on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

VIP lanes on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 13th June 2007, 12:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

I agree that VIP's should pay Toll Taxes but then again its govt who gives these contractors contract for such projects & they might have a clause of not collecting Toll from govt officials & I dont see anything wrong in that I mean doesnt everyone try to get the best for its organisation from a deal. But yeah what do they mean by VIP it should have been Govt vehicles or something.

Also keeping that lane free even when others are full is fine because if you say that they should use the reserved line too this will be like saying to use the road for EMS(in some countries) when there is a traffic jam.
Old 14th June 2007, 10:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I agree that VIP's should pay Toll Taxes but then again its govt who gives these contractors contract for such projects & they might have a clause of not collecting Toll from govt officials & I dont see anything wrong in that I mean doesnt everyone try to get the best for its organisation from a deal. But yeah what do they mean by VIP it should have been Govt vehicles or something.

I saw your picture which says "And I have responses from NHAI, MoRT&H and other Indian Goverment bodies that the term VIP does not have a definition."

I think the working definition of a VIP vehicle is a white car with dark tints, preferably an Ambassador with curtains, but it could be something else, too. E.g., the Punjab govt. bought a line of white Camrys for its ministers.
Old 14th June 2007, 10:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
There is actually a provision of the election law that allows you to cast a vote for "None of the above". The problem is that not all of the local election officers are knowledgeable about this provision.

"Rule 49 (O) of the Conduct of Election Rules 1961 gives the voter theright to register at the polling booth, get his/her index finger inked,but refrain from casting the vote. The electoral officer then has tomake an entry under the rule."

See http://catscanman.wordpress.com/2006/04/27/rule-49-o/
Old 14th June 2007, 12:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
I saw your picture which says "And I have responses from NHAI, MoRT&H and other Indian Goverment bodies that the term VIP does not have a definition."
err that wasnt me it was Moral fibre I think
Old 14th June 2007, 12:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oh you all should see the politicians in UP, What are toll taxes ???? They say !! We nice people who pay all or taxes are qued up on the tolls and these morons come with their ' LAAL BATTIS ' cutting everyone and go without paying. I have been to UK and many other places in Europe but nowhere do I see such acts !!! Ridiculous !! This should be banned & there should be a law against VIP's blocking the roads.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:20   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
err that wasnt me it was Moral fibre I think
Not my pictures either, as I mentioned they are taken by a friend!
Old 15th June 2007, 17:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Wayback in 1943 when the Privy Council met in England to discuss granting Independance to India, Winston Churchill opposed it saying that Indians are not yet ready for independance and democracy.

It probably still holds true...
Great point, in the name of democracy we(people) are taken for a ride.

Coming back to the point, if the politicians are in such a hurry why cant they use helicopters? let them have helipads. sometimes i feel they just want to show off there powers.
Old 15th June 2007, 18:23   #30
BHPian

Every wondered why the govt cars ply on saturdays and sundays, its the state money that they are using for their private work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks