Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2006, 18:11   #31
BHPian

Initially in b'lore cops never used to catch 4 wheelers, but noe a days they even hunt down for 4 wheelers. Since b'lore in a cosmopolitan city they know that its an easy catch for them...the best thing is keep away from these mamu's......even if our papers are up to date, they will still find some reason to harass......
Old 28th October 2006, 09:46   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My knowledge is limited but I have query about re-registration of cars. Let me put a scenario :

Lets say I am buying a car say costing 5 lakhs. I have an option of registering it in Chandigarh and Mohali (Punjab) . Chandigarh is cheapest as compared to Punjab. Now my ques is -

1) if I get it registered it in either city ( Chandigarh / Mohali ) and I move to Gurgoan/Noida/Bangalore/Pune/Hyderabad.
Is it mandatory to re-register in that particular state/city. If yes what will be the tentative costs in the above mentioned cities.

2) Any additional cost I have to incur while I move to the cities mentioned above.

3) Now if Re-registration is mandatory then I can see many cars in Chandigarh from UP,WB,Karnatka, haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan. Are All of these cars run illegally in Chandigarh.

4) And lets say If I come back to state where I registered my car after an year or so. Do I have to register it again ?

5) Is practically possible to run the car registered in Chandigarh/Mohali in the cities mentioned above, without re-registration.

What are your thoughts team-bhp gurus ..

Note from mod: Thread merged. Please use search function before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th October 2006 at 17:34.
Old 28th October 2006, 13:24   #33
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep
1) if I get it registered it in either city ( Chandigarh / Mohali ) and I move to Gurgoan/Noida/Bangalore/Pune/Hyderabad.
Is it mandatory to re-register in that particular state/city. If yes what will be the tentative costs in the above mentioned cities.

2) Any additional cost I have to incur while I move to the cities mentioned above.
After moving to a new state, you need to pay the road tax as applicable (this is calculated based on the age of the vehicle) within 1 month and you need to re-register within 1 year. The road tax is high in southern states for eg, it is around 8% of invoice value in AP & Karnataka for vehicles that are less than 2 yrs old. Re-registration does not cost much... (just around 1-2k max)..
After paying tax in the new city or after re-registering (I not too sure here), you can apply for refund of tax in your old city. The tax will be refunded again on basis of how long the car was used there.

Quote:
3) Now if Re-registration is mandatory then I can see many cars in Chandigarh from UP,WB,Karnatka, haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan. Are All of these cars run illegally in Chandigarh.
Might/might not be.. Some states insist on paying the road tax and not on re-registration ....

Quote:
4) And lets say If I come back to state where I registered my car after an year or so. Do I have to register it again ?
Same rule as mentioned above applies.

Quote:
5) Is practically possible to run the car registered in Chandigarh/Mohali in the cities mentioned above, without re-registration.
Can manage in delhi/gurgaon area (I used my AP registered car in delhi for about 3 yrs without any problem) but not in hyderabad/bangalore.
Old 28th October 2006, 13:48   #34
kph
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...karnataka.html

Check that thread. Thats a discussion about the same.
Old 28th October 2006, 15:00   #35
BHPian

@CNU: Thanks .. Great detailed reply ..

Quote:
anyone who has run cars without getting registered. Is really strict in bangalore ? As I guess people have shifted to banglore from various states with thier cars ..
Old 28th October 2006, 17:33   #36
Team-BHP Support

Delhi area does not have problem with outside state cars. With CH or PB you are completely safe. Even with KA I have never been penalized
Old 28th October 2006, 19:07   #37
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...karnataka.html

Check that thread. Thats a discussion about the same.
Please ignore the above.. That was posted before the thread was merged.
Old 29th October 2006, 17:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Delhi area does not have problem with outside state cars. With CH or PB you are completely safe. Even with KA I have never been penalized
NCR cops are not strict or its legal to allow cars from punjab, haryana, UP , CHandigarh..
Old 29th October 2006, 20:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC
My WagonR is Delhi Registered DL 2C AA XXXX. My car is 2004 registered. Anyone has any idea on how much i have to shell out.
Does anyone has any idea about the amount i have to shell out to pay tax in KA?
Old 29th October 2006, 21:11   #40
GTS
BHPian

Forget other state registrations! My pal got pulled over by the cops about 3 weeks ago for riding a TN-69 (Tuticorin) registered bike. Chennai and subs are TN-01 to TN-22. (He was asked queried for about 10 mins, they were apparently checking to see if the bike was a stolen one, but then they decided that the lettering on the number plate wasnt of the right size and decided to fine him)

Being pulled over by the cops for registration/number plate and other minor things depends on only one thing: The level of moolah in the constable's pocket. If you got up on the wrong side of the bed, this is bound to happen

I suggest that each of you who are facing this registration problem get a + sticker, indicating that you are a doctor:P

I've asked my younger bro, who is a HR trainer and returns home occasionally quite late at night, to do this. Whenever the cops stop him, they see the sticker in the front windshield (the rear too) and let him pass.

In Chennai, the cops are very very lenient towards docs and I (nor my bro) have never been ticketed so far (touchwood) for any minor lapses!

But the flip side: One day when a policeman stopped my bro and sighted the doc sticker asked which medicine he could take for a headache. Unflinchingly my bro said: Crocin.

Another day my bro is parking in a busy area and the police vehicle with the microphone is yelling umpteen times: Doctor, please park your vehicle elsewhere. My bro is thinking: Stupid doctor, cant even hear it being repeated so many times (when actually he should've been pulling out his vehicle)...lol
Old 30th October 2006, 20:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
I suggest that each of you who are facing this registration problem get a + sticker, indicating that you are a doctor:P
I also thought of this once. My mother said, suppose you are passing a place where an accident has occured, and people/police ask you to help the person or atleast check whether the person is ok or not. what would you do?

I passed the idea [IMG]images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Old 31st October 2006, 09:13   #42
GTS
BHPian

What would I do? I would help out but my bro wouldnt be able to!

Mercifully there arent many accidents around as there are moolah-hungry policemen

Regards
GTS
Old 31st October 2006, 15:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Sir Esteem Lover ... I DID stay in Bangalore for 8 years... and Chennai for TWO... I had been stopped at least on TEN occassions in Chennai and about SIX in Bangalore - I moved to CBE only in Jan this year.. These are my EXPERIENCES.

I have no problem with them proving my place of residence - they still cannot prove that the vehicle has not left the state even once in the last six months...this is where the petrol bill comes in handy... Get a bill drive for another six months.. then get another one! .. Hell one of the inspectors who stopped me continued to see me come out of the same office using the same bike for over five years... and there was nothing he could do about it! ... the Law is the LAw!! It works for them as much as it does for us! ... The proof of the pudding.... etc - I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY !!
KB100 sir, i guess you are one lucky bloke. but dont push your luck too far, sir. the long arm of the law is bound to get you sometime.
Old 31st October 2006, 16:11   #44
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
the Law is the LAw!! It works for them as much as it does for us! ... The proof of the pudding.... etc - I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
KB100 sir, i guess you are one lucky bloke. but dont push your luck too far, sir. the long arm of the law is bound to get you sometime.
hehe.. End of the day, what matters is surviaval.. not only for the fittest.. for the unfit too..
Old 31st October 2006, 16:33   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
NCR cops are not strict or its legal to allow cars from punjab, haryana, UP , CHandigarh..
NCR encomapsses 3 different states, Haryana, UP and Delhi.
Due to this reason there are lots of such cars on delhi roads

also Delhi is positioned in such a way on the national highway system that lot of traffic from outside states needs to pass through.
Though technically you should pay road tax of the place of residence, in delhi this is not at all a problem due to the fact that every day hunderds of outside state cars ply.
So the police cant even think of catching outside state vehicles, its such a herculean task!

So if you are going to stay in delhi, you can safely use your CH/PB registered car without the fear of being fined for the same.
However you may be stopped for things like
1. Extra fog lamps
2. Dark tints
3. Over speeding
4. Other rule breaking
irrespective of your number plate!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks