Team-BHP - Challenging a traffic violation challan?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Challenging a traffic violation challan? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/182079-challenging-traffic-violation-challan-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 4681538)
Out of curiosity, just browsed the BTP site today and searched for traffic violations. To my surprise, found a violation "Driving without helmet" and fine of 100/- for the date 17 March 2019.

How and whom do I report this to?

Earlier they used to attach the evidence photo in the website whenever the offense was captured by a camera. For those recorded on the field by the notes of a constable, there is no image available. However, if you had caught this earlier, then you could have got a solution. In my case, my dads car had a "Using mobile phone while driving" offense filed at Mysore road, while the car and himself would be in the opposite side of town. I checked with the enforcement automation center and they told there was no image available but told me to contact the traffic police station who lodged this offense. Had to make a few phone calls to get through. First they asked me the details of the car like make and color. Later, they cross checked this with the notes of the constable. The color and make was totally different so they agreed to remove the offense. After a few days when I checked the offense was gone.

So in your case, if you want to give this a try you can do so, but I am not sure if the constable who reported this would have his diary still intact. If he does, then they might try to match the vehicle description with yours and make some conclusion. If not, I am not sure what could be the alternate means of action.

BHPians I'm stuck big time regarding NOC for my vehicle. I have some 2013 BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) violation that i contested by replying to the challan notice, since on the date and time i was in my office in Central Delhi, where my vehicle was parked.

Later when challans were accessible online, it showed my car has no challan pending. I even went to a "traffic adalat" in Saket court, Delhi in Feb 2020 to verify the same - and i was told no challan is pending. Now that i have to remove hypothecation and get NOC for my vehicle - my online access is blocked and i cannot upload docs to process the same.

I have visited my registered authority (Sarai Kale Khan for South Division) twice, and enforcement authority in North Delhi, Rajpur road. The authority on Rajpur road even gave a print out saying that no challan is pending. But my authority (Sarai Kale Khan for South Delhi) insists that they need a challan payment receipt to open online access. If the challan has supposedly been revoked, how am i supposed to pay it??? I'm at my wits end, and hit a wall.

Can anyone please help me and guide me. I need to sell my car, as i need the money. Plus in May 2021 it will complete ten years, and i won't be able to sell it due to Supreme Court's pollution related notification for Delhi NCR, even though as per RC, registration is valid till 2026 - tormenting law abiding citizens financially, even for well maintained vehicles - though this is another story.

Guys, I have just been handed down this Challan (through SMS notification) for some vague parking offense committed some 3 months back "In a main road" with no photo evidence. I am wracking my brain on where I was on that day. One thing for sure is that I was in Bangalore that day. Any suggestions?, i am not half inclined to pay 1000.0 bucks for something I don't remember doing.

Name:  Violation  1.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  Violation  2.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  Violation  3.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  55.1 KB

Hi guys,

I have been challaned 2 times for having speed of 61kmph and 63kmph on a 60kmph zone in delhi.
There is an option to raise a grievance for these challans, would I be able to waive if these challans given the speed limit is not breached by even 10%?
I would have given the challan had it been some 500 odd rupees but each challan is for INR 2000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush (Post 5245250)
Hi guys,

I have been challaned 2 times for having speed of 61kmph and 63kmph on a 60kmph zone in delhi.
There is an option to raise a grievance for these challans, would I be able to waive if these challans given the speed limit is not breached by even 10%?
I would have given the challan had it been some 500 odd rupees but each challan is for INR 2000.

Yes. You can apply for a waive since there your speed is within the waiver limit of upto +5kmph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PassionateDrive (Post 5245305)
Yes. You can apply for a waive since there your speed is within the waiver limit of upto +5kmph.

Thanks shall try to do that. Will update if it is successful.

Dear Bhp-ians,

I have been fined 3 times on the same day - 15th Feb 2022 by the Kerala MVD for driving at 110kmph on NH544. When I called them they said the permissible speed is 100kmph and the camera will detect if the vehicle crosses 105kmph. This is all within 2pm and 230pm on the same day. While I do agree that I was driving a little fast since my son was unwell and I had to reach Bangalore but the fine is too steep (1500 per offence x 3 times = 4500)

I have never been fined in the last 15 yrs that I have been driving and I am a sedate and safe driver.

How can I raise a grievance and what are the consequences if I do not pay this fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by srini1785 (Post 5207454)
Guys, I have just been handed down this Challan (through SMS notification) for some vague parking offense committed some 3 months back "In a main road" with no photo evidence... Any suggestions?

Two options,if still relevant:
1. Tweet with your violation number, tagging Bangalore Traffic Police.
2. Write an email to the Traffic Management Centre, Bangalore Traffic Police.

They respond with either the concerned violation evidence image or the police station to be contacted.

Hello guys! Posting for some help from all Delhites and anyone else who may be able to help.

My father had recently visited Delhi (for the 3rd time ever) to go to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
On the stretch of Shankar Road between the Ganga Ram Hospital and Gurdwara Nanaksar Chowk, he received a Over Speed Limit Challan of ₹2000. The photo shows recorded speed as 62kmph!! They have not mentioned the allowed speed limit on that stretch and neither he remembers seeing any board telling the speed limit.

Does anyone know what is the actual speed limit on Shankar road stretch? It is a very wide road, IIRC 3 lanes each side. Is there any way to apply for a waiver or challenge the challan online?
Also, 62 kmph is barely any fast for a 4 wheeler.. do they expect us to crawl on roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy$Cars (Post 5269173)
Does anyone know what is the actual speed limit on Shankar road stretch?

Perhaps Delhi Police's website may help. Attaching the PDF copy of the 2021 Gazette notification: speed_limit.pdf

Quote:

Guys, I have just been handed down this Challan (through SMS notification) for some vague parking offense committed some 3 months back "In a main road" with no photo evidence. I am wracking my brain on where I was on that day. One thing for sure is that I was in Bangalore that day. Any suggestions?, i am not half inclined to pay 1000.0 bucks for something I don't remember doing.

Did you sort this out ? I had recently seen a policeman taking a photo of my card parked in a no-parking. This was 2 weeks back. I checked the website to see if he had uploaded the details. He had not but I saw an earlier violation from Nov 2020 for no parking. I was about to pay but decided for fun to check the image and saw that the image is of another car with one digit different.
The procedure for correction seems to be to go to Traffic center on Infantry report and make a complaint but that is approx 25 kms for me.

I have raised a complaint on Bengaluru Traffic Police (btp.gov.in) but didn't get an acknowledgement.

I will send mail to traffic police and speed post my complaint. All top officers have gmail accounts as per https://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.g...Contactus.aspx :-)
Hence I am not confident of this getting so easily resolved.
So i plan to keep a printout in the car in case of any police check.

This sounds like a full fledged war so I was wondering if there were any simpler alternatives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy$Cars (Post 5269173)
....Delhi ..
On the stretch of Shankar Road between the Ganga Ram Hospital and Gurdwara Nanaksar Chowk, he received a Over Speed Limit Challan of ₹2000. The photo shows recorded speed as 62kmph!! They have not mentioned the allowed speed limit on that stretch and neither he remembers seeing any board telling the speed limit.

Speed limit is 50 kmph in Delhi. 17 roads have exception for higher limits (up to 70 kmph). This road does not seem to be on the list.

List :

https://web.archive.org/web/20220403...peed_limit.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepak_misra (Post 5320120)
This sounds like a full fledged war so I was wondering if there were any simpler alternatives.

BTP is quite active on WhatsApp. Give a try by sending them details on WA - 9480801800.

Quote:

Did you sort this out ?

Nope. I sent two mails to the BTP HQ asking for photo proof but no replies. I am pretty sure that the fine is still on the site and one day i will have to cough up but not without a fight. :D

Quote:

Any suggestions?, i am not half inclined to pay 1000.0 bucks for something I don't remember doing.

Quote:

Did you guys get any resolution? I checked online and found two violations of no-parking without any supporting images. What is ridiculous is both tickets are literally 5 mins apart, of the same offense.

Edit: @srini - just saw your recent post, nevermind my redundant query.