Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 14:13   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad Traffic Challan after 8 months!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
That's what Iam going to do exactly! Ignore.

Like you, I too respect the stop line always and I dont have any idea if I would have really crossed the stop line at red.

I uploaded this video a couple of months back. I don't think anything has changed in this junction
Old 29th April 2014, 15:12   #47
BHPian

Well !! I recently (March 4th Week) got a Challan for Rs. 100 for jumping a signal on 16th Aug 2013. This is approx 8 months late. Now the twist is that I was on a holiday with my family from 10th to 17th August and I have Flight tickets to prove that. My car was locked up in the garage for that period of time. Also, the location mentioned in the Challan is one where I don't usually go and is on the other part of the city.

What could be the solution to this problem ?

PS : City would be Kolkata
Old 29th April 2014, 15:35   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Bumping up an old thread. I received a challan dated Dec 2013 just 2 days ago! It was for stop line crossing at Madhapur signal, which I dont even remember since its over 4 months now. And when I try to check the details online, there is no echallan displayed there on the website. Should I ignore the challan or go meet the official to get it clarified?
If there is photographic proof of your car violating the traffic role then I guess you do need to pay the challan but if there is no photo proof then just IGNORE!

Write to HTP (Hyderabad Traffic Police - email can be found on their FB page) with the following challan details and ask for the photo proof. Then react to the challan.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 16:38   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Well !! I recently (March 4th Week) got a Challan for Rs. 100 for jumping a signal on 16th Aug 2013. This is approx 8 months late. Now the twist is that I was on a holiday with my family from 10th to 17th August and I have Flight tickets to prove that. My car was locked up in the garage for that period of time. Also, the location mentioned in the Challan is one where I don't usually go and is on the other part of the city.

What could be the solution to this problem ?

PS : City would be Kolkata
Can you post the picture of the Challan?

Did you try verifying with the traffic police guys why you received it and demand a photographic proof.

As you say you were on a holiday and the car was in the garage this challan is wrong and just sent to collect money as a normal person will pay it off in tension to avoid future hassels.

As told in my earlier post above, Get the proof and only then go ahead.

Anurag.
Old 6th December 2014, 18:41   #50
BHPian

I am in some kind of trouble now !

while browsing the net, I got into the Hyderabad Traffic police website and was kind of interested to see if there are any challans on y vehicles.
I checked out for my bike and there were none. And when I entered my Car's no. and searched, to my horror, I found out there were pending 18 challans that cost around 3000/- and to my [bad]luck, all the challans dated before November 2012 and nothing after that. I would have paid off the fines if it were in hundreds but 3k is a bit too much and I don't think it is fair to punish me for someone else's crime [ and it is worth saying that there's no challans over my car after I became the in-charge.]
I actually brought my car in June 2013 and got my 4 wheeler license in may 2013.
I got the vehicle transferred in july 2014 but I suppose those traffic violations were not synced up with the RTA and thus they did not explicitly state it anywhere.
Now, even I don;t possess the sale bond since I thought it would be unnecessary after the car is transferred on my name.
The only single thing i possess that pertaining to my previous owner is a RC card with his name but there's only date of Registration. And i did not even find any difference between the old [ with his name] and new[ with mine] cards except for the name change. I tried to search if there exists any database for the ownership records of vehicles but none seem to exist.
So should I write up a letter to the authorities or inform the previous owner?
What should be my plan of Action !?
Old 6th December 2014, 18:58   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I would have paid off the fines if it were in hundreds but 3k is a bit too much and I don't think it is fair to punish me for someone else's crime [ and it is worth saying that there's no challans over my car after I became the in-charge.]

I actually brought my car in June 2013 and got my 4 wheeler license in may 2013.

I got the vehicle transferred in july 2014 but I suppose those traffic violations were not synced up with the RTA and thus they did not explicitly state it anywhere.

What should be my plan of Action !?
Hi buddy, you seem to be from Hyderabad (by your 'Location') so what I advise you is to go to the nearest RTO and show them the challan's that you have pending which is actually the previous owners and also show the car's RC book which was transferred to you in July'14 so you are not liable to pay these fines.

Also contact the previous owner and ask him to pay up for the same.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 19:17   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi buddy, you seem to be from Hyderabad (by your 'Location') so what I advise you is to go to the nearest RTO and show them the challan's that you have pending which is actually the previous owners and also show the car's RC book which was transferred to you in July'14 so you are not liable to pay these fines.

Also contact the previous owner and ask him to pay up for the same.

Anurag.
Yea, I am from the Hyderabad!
Thanks for the guidance mate !
And it is July 2013 , my bad
Just a samll doubt - my RC does not show any date of transfer . It got only the first date of Registration, i. jan 2008 !

Quote:
I got the vehicle transferred in july 2014 ?
Sorry, it is july 2013 !!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th December 2014 at 13:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 6th December 2014, 20:08   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Yea, I am from the Hyderabad!
Thanks for the guidance mate !
And it is July 2013 , my bad
Just a small doubt - my RC does not show any date of transfer . It got only the first date of Registration, i. jan 2008 !
Don't you have 'anything' related to the RC transfer from previous owner onto your name?

Was it a deal 1-to-1 or by any dealer like Mahindra First choice or Maruti True Value? If it is a 1-to-1 deal then there must be some proof with the previous owner and if it is a dealer then they will have your documents.

Do visit the RTO on which the car is registered, they will have the RC transfer information definitely.

Anurag.
Old 6th December 2014, 20:18   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Don't you have 'anything' related to the RC transfer from previous owner onto your name?

Was it a deal 1-to-1 or by any dealer like Mahindra First choice or Maruti True Value? If it is a 1-to-1 deal then there must be some proof with the previous owner and if it is a dealer then they will have your documents.

Do visit the RTO on which the car is registered, they will have the RC transfer information definitely.

Anurag.
unfortunately no ! It was one-to-one deal and no involvement of brokers , thanks to olx !
I threw away the sale deed [ and all the related docs] when the vehicle got transferred to my name not knowing their future relevance
And the only evidence I got is the old RC with the previous owner's name on it . And that remains to be my last resort !
And visit to the RTA office is on my 'ASAP to-do' list now !
Old 6th December 2014, 20:22   #55
BANNED

Quote:
unfortunately no ! It was one-to-one deal and no involvement of brokers , thanks to olx !
I threw away the sale deed [ and all the related docs] when the vehicle got transferred to my name not knowing their future relevance
And the only evidence I got is the old RC with the previous owner's name on it . And that remains to be my last resort !

And visit to the RTA office is on my 'ASAP to-do' list now !
Oops, that is bad to throw documents.

Whatever it is try contacting the previous owner and do appraise him on this issue and he will do something on this.

Do visit the RTO on Monday and get it cleared, BTW which RTO the car belongs to?

Anurag.
Old 6th December 2014, 21:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Oops, that is bad to throw documents.

Whatever it is try contacting the previous owner and do appraise him on this issue and he will do something on this.

Do visit the RTO on Monday and get it cleared, BTW which RTO the car belongs to?

Anurag.
I just mailed the owner [ hoping he would reciprocate sensibly ]!
The car is registered with the East Zone RTO - Malakapet .
Old 11th December 2014, 21:01   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Hello,

Any update on the situation, The challans and any reply from the previous owner?

Anurag.
Old 11th December 2014, 21:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Any update on the situation, The challans and any reply from the previous owner?

Anurag.
Quote:
Can't he approach the Traffic Police as well and address the issue? Just my doubt.
Old 11th December 2014, 22:07   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Can't he approach the Traffic Police as well and address the issue?
They'll anyway ask him to to the RTO or ask for a bribe or may be try troubling him further. So what I feel is to directly visit the RTO (car which is registered to) and get the thing cleared.

As all the fines are dated to before the purchase by 'poised2drive', it is important he gets a clean chit and needn't pay for what he hasn't committed.

Anurag.
Old 11th December 2014, 23:22   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Anurag.

I thought of approaching the RTO if the previous owner does not bother to act. I mailed him and as of now, no reply.
Now I am thinking to to pay a visit to the RTO office and resolve it and in the mean time, trying to keep my car off the roads to prevent any displeasing situations with the cops.
Its funny how things turn weirdest of the weird from absolute normalcy!
Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Can't he approach the Traffic Police as well and address the issue? Just my doubt.

I cannot really predict how the Traffic cops would react to it. They might first ask me to pay the fine and ask it to sort it out with the previous owner since I don't have any documents that explicitly state the date of Purchase of the Car. So to get some sort of proof, I might have to go to this RTO .
It all really comes down to that in-situ cop whom we cannot really trust .

Last edited by poised2drive : 11th December 2014 at 23:28.

Most Viewed