Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2016, 14:55   #16
BHPian

re: Cashless Tolls after demonetisation - Hit and Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Isn't simply showing unique QR code associated with PayTM account to the toll operator is enough? They can simply scan the QR and validate the transaction against the PayTM server as like validations happens against FASTag server. In this case, internet connectivity in our mobile is not required as the QR code can be shown while offline too.
No. Your PayTM QR code is to receive money and not to make a payment. You need to scan the toll plaza QR code in order to make the payment.
Old 5th December 2016, 14:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
No. Your PayTM QR code is to receive money and not to make a payment. You need to scan the toll plaza QR code in order to make the payment.
Yeah, I know its generally used to accept money. But how much effort for PayTM and NHAI to use the same for to send money as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Nope! Otherwise, you will go bankrupt if user-end validation is omitted. People will simply take a picture of your QR Code and print-n-paste in their vehicles You will end up paying for all of them!
How others will take the printout of my QR code in the app which is secured by password?

Last edited by smnrock : 5th December 2016 at 15:02.
Old 5th December 2016, 15:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Yeah, I know its generally used to accept money. But how much effort for PayTM and NHAI to use the same for to send money as well?

How others will take the printout of my QR code in the app which is secured by password?
Currently all vendors are proudly displaying the QR code because it is incoming only. Imagine if people can use those displayed QR codes to pay without end user validation
Old 5th December 2016, 15:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Currently all vendors are proudly displaying the QR code because it is incoming only. Imagine if people can use those displayed QR codes to pay without end user validation
I was just giving an idea of using unique QR code to make quicker payments in tolls without using internet. It doesn't mean, PayTM should enforce same QR code for sending and receiving payment as well? We can have option to generate as many as QR codes as well(and make it invalid when we need it) and associate with a single account as well.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 18:03   #20
BHPian

I think it would be a lot simpler if FASTAGs were issued online and delivered to the doorstep, and eventually made mandatory for toll crossing with heavy surcharges for cash payments. You can link your PayTM or whatever account to FASTAG and breeze through lanes. The whole thing only works if you don't stop at the toll gate, just drive slowly through it.
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 12:53   #21
CPJ
BHPian

Re: Cashless Tolls after demonetisation - Hit and Miss

Recently completed a short Pune-Kolhapur-Pune trip. The Cashless Toll worked quite well for me. I had topped up my Paytm account and used it to pay the Toll for the entire trip.

All you have to do is open Paytm app, click pay, scan the QR code which is prominently displayed on each window of the Toll Booths, enter the amount and click Pay. Immediately you will receive a message from Paytm for this particular transaction.

Only one thing which delayed the process was, the Toll attendants were noting down the Order Id which we receive as a message on successful completion of the transaction. Otherwise the process was quite smooth.
CPJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 16:42   #22
BHPian

I travel frequently between Chennai - Cuddalore. There are 3 tolls en-route and details are below.

1. Paranur (https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/....9818744?hl=en)

2. Athur (https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/....7800249?hl=en)

3. Moratandi before Pondicherry (https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/....7879827?hl=en)

My experience:

I have used credit card for all the above tolls. Paranur toll sometime have the swipe machine ready and sometimes not.

Other tolls, Athur and Moratandi always have the swipe machines ready and are more than willing to accept cards.

I have not seen any PayTm advertisements in these tolls.
Old 28th December 2016, 19:40   #23
BHPian

I have been using Paytm at BETL, it is blazing fast, literally does not take a second to scan and not even 2 seconds to transfer those 65 bucks. Only issue, I have to stay in the cash line till the end - otherwise the toll fellows take cash, give you a slip and you proceed towards the fastag lane.
Old 28th December 2016, 20:53   #24
BHPian

Is there any dedicated lane for cashless toll just like fastag ?
Or is it like all the lanes have the QR code for cashless payment ?
Old 28th December 2016, 21:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

During my last trip to Palakkad from Chennai, 6 out of 11 toll booths accepted PayTM and payment was done in a jiffy. I just wish the QR code was displayed somewhere close to the speed breakers so we could do the payment by the time we proceed to the booth and tell them the transaction ID/mobile number so it would be near instant.

After the payment is done, the toll operator waits for the confirmation and this delays it a bit further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th December 2016 at 21:35.
Old 28th December 2016, 21:51   #26
BHPian

Guys, I did a Chennai-Yercaud trip last weekend. Except Porur and Chengelpet tolls every where card was accepted.
Also it helped that I was using Pockets card, so no hassle of entering PIN every time.
Old 28th December 2016, 23:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Wholly supportive. Worked wonders for me for the last 9 months at BLR and on tolled roads. Saved at least 12% of journey time this weekend due to FASTag.
Old 29th December 2016, 11:39   #28
BHPian

I completed multiple trips between Delhi and Lucknow late December and happily paid by my debit card except one place where they had one machine per side and we were in hurry therefore paid by cash. Most debit card machines were wireless ones and it was easy for the toll collector to pass on their machine to me for entering my pin. I really liked it.

On Yamuna express way, Agra side, they had limited POS machines and if you insisted for payment by card, toll collector used to press a button to blow a siren. And then one of the colleague used to come with the machine for swiping the card. Though not very efficient but it was innovation in itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks