Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 10:41   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ola Insights: Average speed & traffic spots of the big Indian cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Silk Board Junction traffic jam is a staple for Facebook joke creators & Whatsapp meme makers.
On Bangalore, don't miss this awesome thread - link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Most flights do not land on time and every time I've gone to pick people up, I've usually spent more than an hour or so in waiting
So true. As a courtesy to others, I don't expect anyone to drop me (and don't want anyone expecting me to drop / pick them either ). Uber & Ola have made it so convenient.

The only person I pick up from the airport is my sister flying in from the USA. And even then, I tell her to call me when she lands. I leave only then. By the time she clears immigration, baggage & customs, I'm outside.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 14:06   #17
BHPian

Why is cox town one of the top pickup/drop location?
Old 7th January 2017, 19:45   #18
BHPian

One of the craziest traffic spots in Bangalore is the VR Bengaluru-Phoenix mall area on weekends. It gets really crazy in both directions. A couple of weekends ago it took me 70 minutes from my house to Phoenix parking which is a mere 4km. Actually, Ola and Uber taxis contribute majorly to this traffic as they are piled up near the curb :P
Old 9th January 2017, 13:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We took an Ola from Mumbai Airport to Pedder Road recently. They do not collect the parking charge from the customer. They do not charge the customer for the Toll on the sea link as well. I was surprised but that is what I experienced.
They must have charged it on your invoice. Check your bills please.

Regards
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:57   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Me too. I still feel there is some issue with the samples taken. I always felt Chennai to be better off than Bangalore and Mumbai. IMO, Bangalore traffic jams are the worst. Really surprised with the information provided by Ola.
No its very correct and my personal experience too. Chennai is equally notorious and in most places far worse, in terms of traffic blocks. The only relief is the wider road spaces compared to Bangalore and the fact that there are always alternate routes available to commute. If you are struck somewhere, its not very difficult to get an escape route. Major roads like Mount Road, Poonamallee High Road, IRR et al have it. You don't have that luxury in Bangalore. But if you are caught in spite of that in Chennai, then its better to be a pedestrian .
Old 11th January 2017, 19:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Well, well, well! What I would like to know is who are these guys travelling at an average 20.4kph in Bangalore.
I guess the average speed of bangalore is higher due to very fast commute between Hebbal to Airport . I don't see any other reason for avg. speed in Bangalore to be more than that of Chennai.
Old 27th December 2019, 21:00   #22
BANNED

Bengaluru-based ride-hailing unicorn Ola has aggregated data from across 200 plus cities to show how India traveled in 2019.
Quote:
With 2019 coming to an end and more than a billion Indians get ready to welcome the New Year, here is a glimpse of the year that went by. As India’s largest mobility platform, Ola brings deep insights from 200+ cities, showing how India traveled in 2019.

With aggregated data of how Indians traveled this year, the ‘Ola Hyperdrive 2019’ infographic offers a glimpse into the travel patterns of Ola customers across different categories like Ola Share, Ola Outstation, Ola Bike, Ola Auto and Ola Prime Play. Additionally, there are interesting insights which showcase the driver-partners with the most number of 5-star ratings awarded by satisfied Ola customers.
Ola's year 2019 in review:

● The total distance covered in 2019 on the platform was 6 billion kilometer, that is more than a kilometer for every person in Asia.

● Hyderabad clocked the highest average speed of 24.8 kmph, followed by Delhi (23.5 kmph), Chennai (23.1 kmph), Mumbai (22.7 kmph), Pune (22.6 kmph), Bangalore (21.2 kmph) and Kolkata (19.4 kmph).

● Ola share rides enabled in keeping 1.4 million cars off the road in 2019.

● Rs 20, 87, 62, 289 was saved with discounts, which could be used to pay for 5000 month-long European vacations.

● Ola Outstation covered 366 million km across 10,000 destinations in India, enough for a trip to Jupiter.

● Ola Bike covered a total of 166 million km and Ola’s top bike-partner traveled 38,289 kilometers.

● Ola Autos covered 1200 million km.

● On an average, Bengalureans left for work earlier than the rest, at 9:30 AM, followed by Punekars and Delhites, headed out at 9:41 AM and 9:42 AM respectively.

● Ola’s driver partner, Devendra SV received 5-star ratings 9590 times. He was followed by Chenchugandla and Rama Mohan respectively, receiving 5-star ratings 9250 and 8913 times.

● Ola Play customers spent more than 688 million minutes listening to music, which is equivalent to 1200 years of non-stop listening.

● 5 PM to 8 PM was the most preferred listening time for Ola Play customers.

● ‘Dil Diyan Gallan’ from Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif’s movie Tiger Zinda Hai, was the most played song, followed by ‘Tere Sang Yaar’ and ‘Sun Saathiya’.

● Recording 1.06 Billion kilometers, Delhi remained the star market for Ola.

● Ola Auto and Ola Bike contributed a total of 46 Million kilometers and 33 Million kilometers respectively to the total distance covered.

● Delhi clocked 924 Million kilometers between 6 AM to 10 PM followed by Bangalore that clocked 821 Million kilometers.

● Delhi clocked 141 Million kilometers of night-time travel between 10 PM to 6 AM followed by Mumbai who clocked 104 Million kilometers.

● Delhi held the second position in the tally of daily rides totaling to 63 Million trips followed by Chennai at 54 Million trips.

● Breaking the stereotype of not being a night city, Delhi recorded a total of 7 Million trips which was followed by the student and corporate hub, Bangalore and Mumbai at 6 Million and 5 Million rides.

● Delhi (768 Million kilometers) remained ahead of Bangalore (642 Million kilometers) and Mumbai(563,813,564 kilometers) in terms of total kilometers traveled during weekdays.

● While Delhi traveled more distance during weekdays, the total number of rides taken during weekdays were led by Bangalore at 65 Million trips which was followed by Delhi at 52 Million trips.

● Delhi was a clear winner in kilometers traveled during weekend clocking 297 Million, followed by Bangalore at 271 Million kilometers and Mumbai at 242 Million kilometers.

● Delhi held the second rank in the total rides taken over a weekend clocking 18 Million trips followed by Bangalore at 25 Million trips and Chennai at 17 Million trips.

● Salim Jahangir, Delhi- based Ola driver-partner was rated 5,716 times and, Suman Kumar, another Delhi-based Ola driver-partner, was rated 5,584 times as a 5-star driver-partner.

● Monu Rajput and Anil Kumar, two driver partners from Delhi clocked most number of night rides, 1929 and 1833 rides respectively.

Source: Zee Business

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks