Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2006, 18:25   #61
BHPian

Hey Zak,

Sorry to have missed this post earlier. Thank God you and your family are safe !!! ..btw didn't know that this happened in the same town where i've spent close to 2 yrs....

Anyway the worst is over now i guess...pls get well soon anddon't worry about the car too much as it might take some more time to get back on the road

~A
Old 28th October 2006, 19:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey zak, hope everything is OK with you and family. And the Alto is safe too (the ICE especially). Take care, man.
Old 28th October 2006, 20:21   #63
Ram
Senior - BHPian

speedzak: Hope you and your family are completely fine.
How much damage did your car sustain?
Old 28th October 2006, 21:31   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Finally I'm in Cochin. .
WOW!!!! Real good news Zak!!! How bout 2mrw's programe.. are you comfortable??!!
Old 28th October 2006, 22:00   #65
BANNED

Pics

I'm comfortable guyz!!!

I finally had some time to go back and look around the car once more. It doesn't really look very bad as it did immediately after the mishap. Actually, it's not much in a bad condition at all. Here are some pics.

Some things to note here. i was doing above 60kmph and the impact was quiet a strong one. Eventhough, the interiors have remained intact. And the engine bay has taken the maximum impact. And the left door?? Yes, it was caused by another autorickshaw which was parked on the left side of the road.

More in detail soon.
Old 28th October 2006, 22:06   #66
Team-BHP Support

O man. Speedzak looks bad. Luckily all safe. From the looks of it the just the right has had major damage. And not directly the front which is good.

The first pic is kinda funny with the autos tyre stuck in your wheel well.

All the best for the repair job.

How about your ICE was it all still there?
Old 28th October 2006, 22:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ouch.....sad to see a cool car in that shape. The front door took an impact as well, glad everyone are fine.

Get the repair work done soon and keep rollin'
Old 28th October 2006, 22:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

lucky there aint no engine damage...so wht would estimate did you get for reparing it???
Old 28th October 2006, 22:44   #69
BHPian

What A Car??!!

ugh!! guess this is one of the safest car we have guys!!! Look at the way doors and fenders absorbed the peak impacts!!!! All I can see is a 'nothing happened' 'A' pillers and dash!!! Even the door hinges are also intact!!!!
Slight corrections and realignments on the suspension system along with body parts replacements will bring the car back in action soon....
Zak... Amazing car man!!! Can't imagine this kinda sturdyness even in bigger and costly cars!!!

Guys... juz spoke to him now... most surprising news is that the ICE setup of this car is intact and untouched even after third day in the acc: spot!!! Long live Calicut-ians!!!

Pass our regards again to all of your family members...Zak.
cheers!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 28th October 2006 at 23:00.
Old 28th October 2006, 23:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Guys... juz spoke to him now... most surprising news is that the ICE setup of this car is intact and untouched even after third day in the acc: spot!!! Long live Calicut-ians!!!
This is AMAZING, but come to think of it - Calicut has been known for very honest people including Autorickshaw drivers who carry enough change to return even 25p, refusing to take a paisa over the meter fare!

However, considering the amount of heavy equipment (expensive HU, AMPs, Playstation, 15" (?) screen, Subs, Caps, et al) inside Zak's car this is FANTASTIC stuff. That car was a moving theatre!

Three cheers for the people of Calicut!!!
Old 28th October 2006, 23:58   #71
BANNED

Let me tell you. The people were very friendly from the eginning including the cops.

The cops (Highway Police) reached the scene within 2 mins after the accident. And the moment they arrived, I expected big trouble coming. But this was exactly opposite to my expectations. One senior constable came to me, asked me about the passengers in my car, when he knew about the injury my wife had, He proceeded to her, asked her about the injury, offered a cloth to wipe the blood. Then he came to me, asked me to rush her to the hospital. When I informed him that my relatives are on the way to the spot, he said ok. Then another cop came to me, very politely asked my name, address etc and comforted me with some very kind words! Yes!!!!!! I was really astonished by their attitude.
Some time passed while I took the photos and tidied up my ransacked car, luggages etc. The chief Inspector (He had a different uniform) came to me. He told me not to be careless with the wound my wifey had on head. He said head injuries are not to be taken lightly. He offered to make arrangement for some cops to stay on the spot while I can go with one cop to the hospital in their Vehicle!!!!!!!!!
Truly remarkable!!!!

Then, the people who gathered around were also very polite. No blaming, shouting etc..

After 5-6 mins, my relatives arrived on the spot and we rushed to the hospital and took whatever I could from the car. I took all the bags, monitors, HU face panels, PS2 and car keys with me.

The car still had 2 amps, Velocity sub (it's not fixed, can be removed by just snapping the wires), HUs, CDs, Perfumes, some eatables, 2 pair of shoes, 1 fully loaded toolkit, fire extenguisher and stuff which normally every car has.

I couldn't go back to the car for full 3 days. (Wed-Sat). It was there for taking right on the byepass (hardly any houses nearby), with shattered windows and open doors. I expected all the stuff to be gone including the battery and the spare tyre.
But again, contradicting my all expectations there the car was still left untouched, safe and sound. Those who have seen my car should know how that gigantic sub in the boot peeps out from the boot. Even a normal guy would be very much attracted to lay his hands on that beast. Still......... I just thank Almighty and the blessed Calicutians. They were just great and lived upto their name!

Guys, It'll take some time before this cute Li'l thingy will be back in action.
Until then, this is Speedzak signing off!

PS. I'll soon inform you all of my new ride which will be welcomed soon to my driveway. No, not a Verna! It'll be a Baleno. Wait for more action!
Old 29th October 2006, 00:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
took whatever I could from the car. I took all the bags, monitors, HU face panels, PS2 and car keys with me.
Thats good..
face panels ??

Quote:
The car still had 2 amps, Velocity sub (it's not fixed, can be removed by just snapping the wires), HUs, CDs, Perfumes, some eatables, 2 pair of shoes, 1 fully loaded toolkit, fire extenguisher and stuff which normally every car has.
I dont think every car has all these stuff.
Just Joking..

Quote:
No, not a Verna! It'll be a Baleno. Wait for more action!
Why baleno over verna ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 29th October 2006, 01:29   #73
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable that such cities[calicut] do exist in India,people of calicut I salute you and hope that people in our cities learn from you.
Old 29th October 2006, 03:14   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

It's heart warming to see honesty in such a great degree from an entire area of people. All the best SZ.
Old 29th October 2006, 07:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Calicutians, Speedzak, I wish you and your wife a speedy recovery !!!
Ya, Congrats for the Baleno....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks