Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:55   #61
BHPian

re: Fuel stations in 8 states to be shut on Sundays. EDIT: Cancelled

Petrol pumps in Karnataka will function on Sundays too: Federation
Quote:
Mangaluru: Karnataka State Federation of Petroleum Dealers (KSFPD) will function even on a Sunday. The stand taken by the federation scotched reports in media that petrol pumps in eight states including Karnataka will observe holiday on Sunday from May 14.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58286971.cms
Old 22nd April 2017, 18:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Petrol pumps in Karnataka will function on Sundays too: Federation
In light of the Government's proposal to home deliver petrol/diesel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-ministry.html), the pumps may as well shut their doors permanently .

On a serious note, as has been mentioned earlier, this was just a cleverly timed threat born out of purely selfish reasons that would only benefit the dealers and was bound to be a non-starter.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 16:38   #63
BHPian

Looks like they are not withdrawing this move. All Southern states, Maharashtra and Haryana will be impacted by this.
Also, on other days, only one shift will be operated - 9 AM to 6 PM. (Source)

I did a full tank refuel today. Advise others to take precautionary steps to avoid crowded pumps on Saturday evening and Monday morning. Weekend road-trips are going to be difficult without Jerry cans.
Old 12th May 2017, 20:10   #64
BHPian

Oh my God! I am going on a long drive very early morning tomorrow and will return late afternoon on Sunday. What happens if I run out of fuel halfway on Sunday? I'll be staying at Mudumalai jungle, No bunks nearby.
Old 12th May 2017, 20:56   #65
BHPian

As far as I understand the petrol pumps run by dealers will be shut on all Sundays and only work from 9 AM to 6 PM on all other days. The company owned and operated bunks, along with private companies like Shell and Essar will not be affected. So what about fuel availability? Can't the fuel that is refused by the dealers be sent to company owned outlets? Storage might be an issue, but the fuel could just be kept in the trucks till the tanks in the pump can take in more fuel, right?
Old 13th May 2017, 17:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow is 14 May, the day petrol pumps should have started stopping operations on Sundays. It turns out that the threat has fizzled off.

An office bearer of the Petroleum Dealers' Association in Karnataka has gone on record on news channels saying that the non cooperation movement () has been postponed for now.

A meeting of the stakeholders will be held on 17 May in Mumbai and future course of action decided after that.

Why am I feeling that this is something that we had already guessed .
Old 13th May 2017, 18:05   #67

In Mumbai this doesn't seem to be a rumour. At least in Navi Mumbai I did rounds of at least 6 petrol pumps and they all confirmed that they will remain shut tomorrow and every Sunday hereafter. Monday onwards they will be open between 9 AM - 6 PM. They have given up the pretence of following the PM's vision, and are stating that this is for dealer commissions.

For those in Navi Mumbai, there is a BPCL COCO in Khargarh and IOC COCO in Kopakhairane. They should remain open as usual, though, queues may be long.
psaikygms1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 18:15   #68

To help motorists in situations like this, is there a way to compile list of COCO petrol pumps in cities and highways, such that people can continue to plan long drives over the weekends? Google maps seem to be giving direction to nearest COCOs.
Old 15th May 2017, 13:27   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fuel stations in 8 states to be shut on Sundays. EDIT: Cancelled

Stupid plan got what it deserved = Cancellation!

Source + Full Article

Quote:
A group of petrol pump owners on Saturday said it has deferred the plan to shut shop on Sundays.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 14:45   #70
BHPian

Re: Fuel stations in 8 states to be shut on Sundays. EDIT: Cancelled

There was a 24-hour shutdown in Kerala on Sunday. At least in Thiruvananthapuram, most of the pumps were shut, except Civil Supplies/Supplyco and COCO pumps.

I had to go out, luckily was able to refuel with just a 4-car queue at Thonnakkal COCO pump.

Kerala Petrol pumps remain closed
darklord is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks