Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 16:55   #16
BHPian

Re: New scam - Thieves throw chemical on your car, then try to steal it

This is what i had pointed out in:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post4202480

Its vital to keep up with these new tricks , amazed at the new methods these thugs are coming up with.
Seems we need a dedicated thread like the one above for all such discussions.
iceman07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 20:49   #17
BHPian

The same incident described in this thread happened near AIIMS, Delhi and is on news now.
Link
https://m.hindustantimes.com/delhi-n...Uagvr46OJ.html
Attached Thumbnails
New scam - Thieves throw chemical on your car, then try to steal it-screenshot_20181107204124__02.jpg  

Old 6th March 2020, 15:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
Hi BHPians,

For last several days, I am receiving a message from my close friends and different whatsapp groups about a newly devised method in Delhi NCR to steal a vehicle or rob a person on road, in broad-day-light. I am posting the original message along with the shared picture of the victim's car. Please throw light on it and the veracity of the fact. If any of you have experienced the same in recent days please let us know in detail.
The same thing happened with me yesterday.

It happened near Akshardham temple (Delhi). Everything happened in exactly the same manner. The saving grace was, the moment I got out of the car I took the car keys with me. Also, as soon as the smell overwhelmed us, we took our belongings out (laptop bags). Only a bag with some useless stuff was in the car, which we did not even bother about. We noticed the bag was missing only when we reached home.

I did not write a detailed post about the incident as everything is already mentioned by the OP. Still, if you want me to write about the incident, please let me know.

Guys, be cautious. Stay safe.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th August 2023 at 17:09. Reason: Typos
Amith_kumar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 20:05   #19
BHPian

Same thing happened with me today at Pushta Rd near Shahdara. I had presence of mind and didn't stop the car immediately but after a few meters many people on bikes started pointing something is wrong with the car. I got scared may be there's a fire or something. Then only I found a cop standing and stopped my car immediately when I got out something stung bad in my eyes and throat. Thankfully due to the cop’s presence nothing happened.

Edit : Air-conditioning was on recirculating mode. May be that saved me.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th August 2023 at 17:08. Reason: typos
somebodystopme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 23:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Keeping belonging in plain view of people will make us potential targets. Try to keep bags/backpacks/purses hidden from direct sight. Even phones on dashboards attract such thugs. If your car has a sun visor it can allow us to open the window slightly without endangering ourselves.

Good to share this with family members to make them aware.Thanks for sharing.
Old 28th March 2024, 13:14   #21
BHPian

Same thing happened with me today. Why is this still happening in 2024 as this post was started in 2017.
I was with my parents, near IP park Near Delhi. They saw an out of state number plate and this was their trigger I believe. We got out of the car to check if something was wrong. One guy burst a cracker like thing right next to the car and the other on the bike tried to squeeze us. I had realised my predicament by now and quickly opened alll windows and flew out of there like there was no tomorrow. Everyone is shook and wondering how we can be so stupid even when we keep hearing about these scams daily. We feel violated.
Just happy that I had the presence of mind to run. So sad.
pratyaksh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 14:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Same thing happened with me today.
Taking this further, I request all Delhi folk to please help me out here. I have been trying to contact the Police through their so called "Emergency" service number 112 but to no avail. It's unbelievable, the apathy. Thankfully, nothing happened to us but I seriously wish to at least register a formal complaint with someone (whoever would listen). This should not happen with anyone else, and I would like to do my bit for the common man here.
Please share any contacts for the heads of departments, email addresses preferably so that I can send my ordeal to them. I am talking about SP, DIG, DM, heck even media guys or judges and lawyers who can blow this matter up for the sleeping beauties to wake up and take cognizance of the issue. Please DM me.

I have prepared a letter in Hindi and English to be emailed / snail mailed to every single 'Adhikari' I can find. Thanks in advance.

PS. I was at the Indraprastha park gate around here https://maps.app.goo.gl/sAh2waRsD4STPj5j9?g_st=iw , would this be Sarai Kale Khan Police Post?

Last edited by pratyaksh : 29th March 2024 at 14:33. Reason: Post script added
pratyaksh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks