Team-BHP - Vashi: Biker run over for rescuing cabbie in a fight!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Vashi: Biker run over for rescuing cabbie in a fight! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/188192-vashi-biker-run-over-rescuing-cabbie-fight.html)

Salim Khan - aged 29, lost his life on 25th June 2017 (midnight). His only fault was that he showed extreme humanity on the streets of Vashi and this made him the victim of a young blood’s rage. Salim was a kind, empathetic, brave, generous and all-around joyful person who loved and always took care of his family, friends & teammates first.

He gave up his life defending and protecting another person, a stranger who needed his help. Without a second thought, Salim did the right and honorable thing at the tremendous cost of his personal well-being and life. While we mourn for losing him so soon and will continue to grieve alongside his family, we take whatever solace we can that in his short life and in death, Salim showed us how to treat one another and how to simply be a good human being for as long as we have on this Earth.

Vashi: Biker run over for rescuing cabbie in a fight!-salim-khan-copy-2.jpg

Following is the tragic incident which took away our friend forever.

Our friend Salim Khan, along with his friend Mohsin, was having tea at the Sion-Panvel highway on Saturday (midnight) when an ugly fight broke out between an innocent Uber driver and two youngsters driving a call centre vehicle. The two, to show off the power of a young blood, began assaulting the Uber driver as apparently, the youngsters’ car, coming from the opposite direction, was blocked by the Uber cab while taking a u-turn at Vashi Plaza and the youngsters did not like it when the Uber driver asked them to move aside. This is when Salim and Mohsin intervened and saved the Uber driver from the merciless, illiterate creatures. This angered the two assaulters and they threatened Salim with dire consequences. As they dispersed, the Uber driver requested Salim and Mohsin to accompany his car on their two-wheeler till Vashi toll plaza as he was apprehensive that the two egoistic assaulters might pursue him. Salim & Mohsin agreed.

Little did they know that they were going to pay for this act of humanity! A little before Vashi toll plaza, the two assaulters rammed their car into our friend’s two-wheeler, allegedly on purpose, killing Salim on the spot and severely injuring his friend Mohsin Momin. Mohsin received critical injuries in the head and chest and is admitted to NMMC hospital in Vashi.

The accused have been remanded in magisterial custody and will be produced in court after an identification parade at Taloja jail, where the police will request their custody. The accused were arrested under IPC sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention).

Uber Driver: Ashwin Dilip Kamble
The Accused: Vinod Dyaneshwar Darekar (23) and Sushant Namdev Junghare (27)

Complete Story Here:: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/59315277.cms

The reason for posting the incident on Team-bhp is to garner enough support to make sure justice prevails and let others know the kind of merciless creatures we are sharing the roads with.

May Salim's soul rest in eternal peace!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantrig (Post 4224889)
Salim Khah - aged 29, lost his life on 25th June 2017 (midnight). His only fault was that he showed extreme humanity on the streets of Vashi and this made him the victim of a young blood’s rage. Salim was a kind, empathetic, brave, generous and all-around joyful person who loved and always took care of his family, friends & teammates first.

Oh, what a cruel turn of events.
My heart goes out to his family. Wish Mohsin recovers from his injuries.
The accused deserve to get maximum punishment for their dastardly act.

May these rot in hell. What a sad race we have become. Scary.

May Salim Rest in peace and hope his family gathers enough strength to bear this loss. Hope Mohsin recovers soon and returns stronger.

Quote:

Incidents like these make us wonder whether there even exists a thing called humanity. May the Almighty give the bereaved family the strength to bear the loss. Please follow the case to its logical end so that the guilty are not let off the hook.

Quote:

Salim Khah - aged 29, lost his life on 25th June 2017 (midnight). His only fault was that he showed extreme humanity on the streets of Vashi and this made him the victim of a young blood’s rage.

Why those who are good, compassionate and right have to always bear the brunt? :Frustrati This is shocking and sad to say the least.
Crooks like these should be punished is a way that sets an example for goons like them. :mad:
Thanks for bringing out this issue and I hope fellow citizens come out to support the victim and his family.

My condolences to Salim's family, we need more such fellow beings to make our world a better place to live in.

Hope your initiative helps in assisting Moshin's treatment. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

What a terrible tragedy.
May the brave heart Salim Khan rest in peace. Hope his family finds peace and I pray the Almighty gives them the strength to bear this tragic loss.

Really sad incident. While I pray for the victims, look at the age of the accused. 23 and 27? Is that the age to take revenge so mindlessly? And that too for such a petty reason? Where are we heading as a society?
Accused are cowards and uncouth. What makes these people so rowdy and fearless?
Incidents like these scare me.

A very sad incident indeed.
It takes courage nowadays to intervene in a road rage fight. Salim showed the goodness of heart but tragically had to give up his life even though he was in no way connected to the fight.
I hope the young blood pays severely for doing the unthinkable. Most people would go their ways after a fight is broken up but these crooks had so much ego and rage that they pursued and killed the good Samaritan. Sad indeed.

A very sad incident indeed. As much as I hate to say this, incidents like these and the fact that the judiciary will take forever to punish the accused is the reason bystanders do not step up in cases of road rage.

I was a witness one such incident recently.

Last week we were returning from ISBT Delhi and the bridge that crosses Yamuna and goes towards Geeta Colony had a police checking, which led to slow traffic on that stretch. A swift in front of me was merging on to the traffic while a truck was coming from the right side. The truck was trying to negotiate its way slowly and had the right of it, but the swift guy couldn't swallow his ego and pushed as far ahead as he could, even after the truck was managing the barricades. A hook on truck's last left rear end tangled with the Swift's OVRM, breaking it in a second. Both vehicles passed the police spot but the Swift caught up with the truck barely 200mts ahead.

It took us 2mins to reach that spot but 4 guys in the Swift had already dragged the truck driver on the road, tore his clothes and were done beating him up by then. There was a melee and a lot of people stopped but no one intervened despite knowing that the truck guy had no way of knowing that the Swift has voluntary pushed in its way. It's just sad...

A terrible tragedy indeed. May God grant his family the strength they so desperately need.

I think it's quite disturbing that such news don't shock us anymore. Every other day we come across new like this. Revenge killings, public lynchings, torture and so on. Law and order are on a decline in the past few years. We have passed the point where we can expect the people to behave because they live in a civilised society, not some war torn failed state. We can no longer say that 'few rowdy elements' cause trouble, as was seen in recent lynchings, where complete strangers got together and beat people to death in public. We are failing as a nation. With courts taking their own sweet time to deliver verdicts, fear of law has all but vanished.

A very tragic incident indeed. Feel sad for that courageous persons to have intervened when most people would have quietly turned their head and walked away.
Wonder what punishments will be meted out to the culprits, this is a actually a calculated brutal murder and these fellow should get the maximum punishment.

This is indeed a very tragic & sad incident wherein a Good Samaritan has lost life for helping a guy who was not at fault. The only way I feel this kind of road rage is not repeated is that the court should punish these two guys so harsh that next time anybody indulging in this kind of act should think twice.
My heart goes by to the friends & family of Salim Khan & may he rest in peace & hope Mohsin recovers fully from his injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvm (Post 4224900)
Wish Mohsin recovers from his injuries.
The accused deserve to get maximum punishment for their dastardly act.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine_Roars (Post 4224931)
May these rot in hell... Hope Mohsin recovers soon and returns stronger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4224955)
Please follow the case to its logical end so that the guilty are not let off the hook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 4224997)
Thanks for bringing out this issue and I hope fellow citizens come out to support the victim and his family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitewing (Post 4225016)
Hope your initiative helps in assisting Moshin's treatment. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 4225022)
What a terrible tragedy.
May the brave heart Salim Khan rest in peace. Hope his family finds peace and I pray the Almighty gives them the strength to bear this tragic loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepUP! (Post 4225042)
Accused are cowards and uncouth. What makes these people so rowdy and fearless?
Incidents like these scare me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvDriving (Post 4225402)
Most people would go their ways after a fight is broken up but these crooks had so much ego and rage that they pursued and killed the good Samaritan. Sad indeed.

That you everyone for your condolences & support. Mohsin is recovering well and the accused will be going through identification parade this week. Cops are cooperating as well, they are aware that this is not a road rage incident and are looking at it purely as intent to kill/hurt and murder.

Yes, this incident does scare us in a big way and make us wonder if this is what our race has come to? A cost of a small scratch on ones car is often avenged by slaps on someones faces. It's certainly not the ideal way of dealing with things. Few humans are yet to evolve completely and their inhuman/beastly ways do send unpleasant surprises our way. And this is one of those unfortunate incidents which will stay with us forever. While we do hear of such things happening around the world, sometimes we wonder if they are true. Never knew that someone so close to us would be a victim in such a tragic incident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 4225468)

I was a witness one such incident recently.

There was a melee and a lot of people stopped but no one intervened despite knowing that the truck guy had no way of knowing that the Swift has voluntary pushed in its way. It's just sad...

It's really unfortunate that in heat of the moment people do things that they might have to regret their entire life & someone else will have to pay the price for in way much bigger that it can be ever compensated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralJazz (Post 4225982)
A terrible tragedy indeed. May God grant his family the strength they so desperately need.

I think it's quite disturbing that such news don't shock us anymore. ... With courts taking their own sweet time to deliver verdicts, fear of law has all but vanished.

@ GeneralJazz - It's unfortunate truth that this is what we have to accept as the way of life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky@home (Post 4226542)
A very tragic incident indeed.
Wonder what punishments will be meted out to the culprits, this is a actually a calculated brutal murder and these fellow should get the maximum punishment.

Yes, this is a brutal murder and we are hoping that justice prevails and we will do whatever we can to ensure it does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by visky (Post 4226561)
The only way I feel this kind of road rage is not repeated is that the court should punish these two guys so harsh that next time anybody indulging in this kind of act should think twice.
My heart goes by to the friends & family of Salim Khan & may he rest in peace & hope Mohsin recovers fully from his injuries.

Right Visky, we want to ensure this is used as an example to those who indulge in road rage. Also, we do not want people to give up on helping those in need.

We need more such Salim's in this world and do not want individuals to remember this incident as a bad example where helping someone is seen as a uncalled for trouble but is seen our responsibility towards each other & that too a basic one.