Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2006, 15:56   #31
BANNED

when i opened this i thought u were talking about someone elses crash. then later found out its yours. feeling bad since u were building it up since day one but its ok since u are in good state to live the tale. take care. sorry bot the loss...
Old 12th November 2006, 15:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik,
Really sorry about the accident man, I had one with my OHC about a month back and am still to get the car back.

Although it wasn't as much as yours, the insurance guys estimated 95k as repairs. I lost the fender, bumper, bonnet, windshield, headlight, radiator and bulk head. This is apart from dents on the door etc. The car was a '99 model with value on paper as 2L due to depreciation. Insurance guys told me that if billing would have been 1.4L+ they would have considered it as totalled. Although the car was beautifully maintained, I never realised the disadvantage of having a depreciated car until I crashed it.

The point I'm trying to make is that I really hope that your car hasnt damaged its suspension/apron etc. else the repair costs will skyrocket. I sincerely hope that your ride gets fixed up soon. I am still going through the terrible phase not not getting to ride my baby :(

Now for the not so nice part - dude you were way to fast .. that when you knew you were approaching turn. Anyone with experience behind him - looking at the pictures can make out you were not nowhere close to a safe speed.

I wouldn't have told you this about a month back .. but trust me dude .. a crash can teach you a lot -- Get your car back in shape, pimp it up, get the women to stare, but whatever you do, please realise - the speeds not worth it.
Old 12th November 2006, 16:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well... what can i say. What happened has happened, and i'm sure it'll be in my and my frnds mind for a long long time..

Regareding the damage, the apron is fully damaged. Besides that, god knows
Old 12th November 2006, 17:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys go easy here Ok. The guy's obviously going through a lot with his car smashed and all, no need to pile it onto him right now. These things happen (ask me) and when they do you really can't do much but sit back & watch it unfold. Last thing Kartik needs right now is you guys piling onto him.

Guys always remember "Everyone is a Genius in hindsight". So let the poor man have some peace, I'm sure he's learnt his lesson for the future.
Old 12th November 2006, 17:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

real sorry to hear about your accident. especially since you modded it step by step..... hope the insurance thing works out so tht u can start over again.
Old 12th November 2006, 17:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Guys go easy here Ok. The guy's obviously going through a lot with his car smashed and all, no need to pile it onto him right now. These things happen (ask me) and when they do you really can't do much but sit back & watch it unfold. Last thing Kartik needs right now is you guys piling onto him.
Guys always remember "Everyone is a Genius in hindsight". So let the poor man have some peace, I'm sure he's learnt his lesson for the future.
Wll Ishan I kind of disagree with your line of thought.

Lots of times one doesn't agree to parents, but when the same thing is said by the peer group, one tends to listen.

This is one of the best things I like about T-Bhp, that it strongly discourages any kind of street-racing or reckless driving. This is as opposed to forums like xBhp that encourage stunts, illegal drags etc.

So when I banged up my car about a month back (and I admit I was fast) I knew that if it comes up on this forum, I would have mature people advising me to go slow and care about my parents etc. So it is our responsibility to make sure young people like Karthik understand the implications of their actions towards their family and friends and others on the roads as well.

@Karthik - dude, chill. **** happens. Your car was sexy - you know you'll get another one in no time.

And Ishan, not everyone is a genius in hindsight .. have you slowed down lately ? About me, can't be too sure but I just hope the sense prevails by the time I get my ride back.
Old 12th November 2006, 19:24   #37
BHPian

bro thanks your stars that you all are safe.the pics are reall horrifying!!! sorry about your car.but bro whats done cant be undone.going by the pics it would be better if you sell it out.i know it would be hard for you but......

take care
Old 12th November 2006, 19:47   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava

I disagree...... first of all, underage driving is something I stronly disagree with.

Just because you can afford cars at such a young age is not reason enough to risk your life and other road users' lives.

Though this time, he wasnt driving the car when it happened. That is just extremely lucky. Imagine how much worse it would have been if he was driving.
Old 12th November 2006, 19:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008
Just because you can afford cars at such a young age is not reason enough to risk your life and other road users' lives.

Congrats for speaking up. Karthik, I feel sorry for your vehicle and for your family. I dont think I can say the same for you.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th November 2006 at 19:55.
Old 12th November 2006, 20:30   #40
BHPian

Hey karthik dont worry.It is all part of the game.Anyway be careful when you drive.Whatever happend has happend,and dont think too much about that.Take good rest and get well soon.
If you have a comprehensive insurance then dont worry.That will include the payment of the wall.I think 1st you have to settle everything then have to give the bill to the insurance company.Anyway you check with them.
Old 12th November 2006, 21:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

First of all, i admit i drive the car despite being underage. I don't wanna lie about that fact.

But i didn't sneak out with the car or anything. My family knew i was going out along with a friend, who happened to have a valid license and a family friend as well. I am also not asking u guys to feel sorry for me either. Atleast we did not run away from the spot or do anything like that. There were other guys along as well from XBHP. Not a single one of us ran away. We all were there till the cops came, then went and met the CI of the concerned police station, met the AAI manager here regarding the wall's repair. The car is now under police control and will be for the next 2days withtin which the airport will be rebuild. After that there is absolutely no case with all this mess. Atleast we did our best to avoid the cyclewala and the car comming from the opp direction, which we thankfully did.

Accidents happen to everyone, somtimes in a big way. Having a license or not for sure is a big issue, but an accident is an accident. And I'm sure a lot of guys in here would have gone thru one. If anyone of u feel i shouldn't be posting here cuz i don't have a driving license, go ahead and delete the thread.
Old 12th November 2006, 21:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

karthik.....man i really dunno what to say.you just finished doing up that car and then suddenly baam.it must be really hurtin you and i can imagine cause i went through the same thing 2 months back.

any way glad your ok and no ones injured.the car will be done up dont worry and as mentioned earlier the best thing would be to sell it.

rev
Old 12th November 2006, 21:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008
Some might afford a car early in their life, while some get their hands on one a bit later.... But i think when ever someone drives/ride a machine accidents are inevitable. Even if ur rich or young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I feel sorry for your vehicle and for your family. I dont think I can say the same for you.
Bro, I didn't post this thread so that someone will be sorry for me. And thanks for being sorry for the vehicle and my family.
Old 12th November 2006, 21:34   #44
Team-BHP Support

Guys let's cool down here. Agree what Manveet and steeroid are saying are true. But we must remember one thing, we are here to help people.
By piling up with these harsg statements no doubt he will understand but he may also get discouraged from sharing his experiences here.
If someone else goes through the same situation they migh get discouraged to share and ask help from us for fear of us piling onto them.
We can go about this in a nicer way so as to educate people as to the consequences and what is right from wrong.
Karthik, i know it's a tough time for you and you should expect reactions like these from people. Don't get offended, take in the true spirit that we are all here to help you.
Old 12th November 2006, 22:02   #45
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Taking corners at 100 kmph[especially within city limits] aint recommended on our Indian roads no matter what car you are driving you never know what lies ahead[like a truck parked in the middle of the road].
I second that. Especially when one gets very familiar with a road, one tends to become over-confident and the speeds keep increasing. Many of the curves on the now-familiar Mumbai-Pune Expressway can be negotiated at 120-130 kmph, but what one should remember is that when something unexpected happens (say, even a small stone on the road, a stopped vehicle, a lane diversion immediately after the corner), your goose is cooked unless you are very alert. I always try to fire myself up to concentrate and anticipate the worst, but there were times when I have been too casual and realized that moments later as my tyres howled in protest through a corner taken at excessive speed. But anywhere other than Expressway-like conditions, cornering at high speeds is asking for trouble.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed