Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2006, 23:03   #46
BHPian

Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
First of all, i admit i drive the car despite being underage. I don't wanna lie about that fact.

But i didn't sneak out with the car or anything. My family knew i was going out along with a friend, who happened to have a valid license and a family friend as well. I am also not asking u guys to feel sorry for me either. Atleast we did not run away from the spot or do anything like that. There were other guys along as well from XBHP. Not a single one of us ran away. We all were there till the cops came, then went and met the CI of the concerned police station, met the AAI manager here regarding the wall's repair. The car is now under police control and will be for the next 2days withtin which the airport will be rebuild. After that there is absolutely no case with all this mess. Atleast we did our best to avoid the cyclewala and the car comming from the opp direction, which we thankfully did.

Accidents happen to everyone, somtimes in a big way. Having a license or not for sure is a big issue, but an accident is an accident. And I'm sure a lot of guys in here would have gone thru one. If anyone of u feel i shouldn't be posting here cuz i don't have a driving license, go ahead and delete the thread.
Karthik.... hats off to you chap!!! Never ever expected so much mature words from a "kid" like you...
You are very right dude!!! Even aged and very mature drivers will try to vanish-off after 'creating' this kinda careless accidents... But you small kids kept your cool and did all the most practical things that everyone should do!!!

Guys, licence is not such a 'spiritual thing' that avoids a crash!!! All who criticises him please do understand this fact... And as far as I know, Karthik at this age or -1 or -2 age, had crossed these periods without any accidents even with drifts/wheelspins and redline shifts!!!! So forget the license part... you all must see his skill in controlling skodas and lancers (forget small cars) at such high speeds....

Karthik, I back you with all of my sence dude!! As you indicated, Nothing 'WRONG' has happened in your case!! So chill... get the car back... make it up slowly and continue the show!!! "ALL THE VERY BEST" from my side...

cheers!

Last edited by nikkibike : 12th November 2006 at 23:05.
Old 12th November 2006, 23:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Kartik you have been really mature and I think this incident has bought out the very best in you.

Dont forget to take care of yourself in all this.Hope you are recovering well and so also your friend.
Old 12th November 2006, 23:37   #48
BHPian

little champ,just cool down yaar!!!!.its true the way you have handled the situation is worth commenting.

i know you dont need anybodys sympathy but we all are here to help you.its just that sometimes we cant manifest ourself properly.just a little misunderstanding thats all.

we all know what you are going through.indeed it is a very sad day for all of us.stop worrying and find the best way to come out of the situation
take care
Old 13th November 2006, 00:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
You are very right dude!!! Even aged and very mature drivers will try to vanish-off after 'creating' this kinda careless accidents... But you small kids kept your cool and did all the most practical things that everyone should do!!!
Well .. it's kind of difficult to dissapear after an accident like this.

Quote:
All who criticises him please do understand this fact... And as far as I know, Karthik at this age or -1 or -2 age, had crossed these periods without any accidents even with drifts/wheelspins and redline shifts!!!! So forget the license part... you all must see his skill in controlling skodas and lancers (forget small cars) at such high speeds....
Ok. Let me understand this. Here we are telling Karthik that he shouldn't be driving at 100+ without a license at the age of 17 and you are now actually showing off Karthik's drifting/redlining expertise at the age of 15 !!!

Are you also a fellow xBhpian ? Well you sure sound like one.

Quote:
Karthik, I back you with all of my sence dude!!
Whatever little of it I am displaying i.e.

Oh, and btw, just in case you forgot - TeamBhp strongly discourages Street Racing .. watch your posts

Quote:
As you indicated, Nothing 'WRONG' has happened in your case!! So chill... get the car back... make it up slowly and continue the show!!!
Continue the Show!!!! You derive entertainment from a 17 year old's driving!! Get a life dude !!

@Karthik - A friend is one who tells you that you did wrong when you do wrong. You have two different peer forums giving you input - one wants you to continue the show and other wants you to slow down and be responsible. It's your choice.

Regards

Last edited by manveet : 13th November 2006 at 00:54.
Old 13th November 2006, 00:46   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Karthik - A friend is one who tells you that you did wrong when you do wrong.
amen to that............
Old 13th November 2006, 00:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Well Karthik, I hope you appreciate the fact that your parents in most likelihood are feeling much worse than you are. Trust me, they are.

When I had an accident, my friends told me NOT to take pictures of the car (which i did actually by sneaking from them) and made me promise I won't talk about it on this forum.

Quote:
Bro, I didn't post this thread so that someone will be sorry for me.
But now that you have, why don't you tell us why you posted this thread. Really, don't misunderstand me, we really want to know - it would help.

Regards.
Old 13th November 2006, 00:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
Well .. it's kind of difficult to dissapear after an accident like this.
This pic was taken about 2-3hrs after the accident and u can still see how deserted the road is. And as the accident happened at arnd 7.45 in the morn, i'm sure we could have ran away easily leaving the car behing.... but we didnt

I agree with each and everyone of u, and also understand speeding isn't the best thing to do. But there isn't much u can do when someone suddenly jumps right in front of u right outta the blue that too mid corner

Also guys, there are nicer ways of getting a message across rather than just blaming me or things like that.

Last edited by karthik247 : 13th November 2006 at 00:59.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And as the accident happened at arnd 7.45 in the morn, i'm sure we could have ran away easily leaving the car behing.... but we didnt
Ya you could have. But I hope you would have remembered to remove the no. plates, and the no. etched on the glass, and the car chassis no., engine no. etc.; we know you're 17 - no need to prove it buddy

Point is, unless you ran away with the car, your running away would have been useless, ofcourse assuming the car isn't stolen i.e. - -

Aur agar koi case kar deta .. then you could pretty much kiss your peace goodbye.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:07   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

No one is blaming you for the accident.

$#it happens.

Most of us would have met with one accident or the other.

What some of us are saying is that you driving a car at your age is wrong. I know it isnt exactly related to the accident itself. But that is what I and others feel.

I do feel bad for your family and car and for you also....but you have to understand that there is a time and age for everything.

Just imagine what the consequences would have been if you were driving and the accident took place...... no insurance, police case for underage driving, speeding, rash driving, etc....etc..... Just thank your stars that you werent driving.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
Why don't you tell us why you posted this thread.
Regards.
I really feel i shouldn't have done that.... atleast i won't the next time.

But one thing, what are u guys NOT liking about what i did today? You guys tell me one 'illegal' thing i've done today. Regarding the speed, the car did about 120kmph on the 2km long straight. We did brake and also shifted down while approaching the corner. After that i dunno...

Puhleez guys, if i'd done something like running away or bribing someone or anysort of thing as such, it wouldn't have mattered to me. Atleast i've leart what to do and what not to do in case of sumtin like this and that helped me. And i'd like to thank TBHP for that.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:18   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really feel i shouldn't have done that.... atleast i won't the next time.

But one thing, what are u guys NOT liking about what i did today? You guys tell me one 'illegal' thing i've done today. Regarding the speed, the car did about 120kmph on the 2km long straight. We did brake and also shifted down while approaching the corner. After that i dunno...

Puhleez guys, if i'd done something like running away or bribing someone or anysort of thing as such, it wouldn't have mattered to me. Atleast i've leart what to do and what not to do in case of sumtin like this and that helped me. And i'd like to thank TBHP for that.
Read my post just before yours.

For today, you did do the right thing. I cant fault you on that.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:23   #57
BANNED

I told you Kartik, go slow and easy with this thread.

I'm sorry to say this, but even I (even after speaking to you over the phone) feel this thread is very much against the rules of our beloved forum.

So, take it easy bro!

I told you; take a cool nap, let your mind and body rest for a while. It's not the right time to get into an argument. It's better left alone. We all are here to help you.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Atleast i've leart what to do and what not to do in case of sumtin like this and that helped me.
Thats the whole point. You have this accident like this and what have you learnt .. what to do and not to do in case something like this happened !!

What you should have learnt - I could tell you but then it doesn't matter. Maybe once you realise your importance to those around you - we'll have this conversation again. And the ppl I'm talking about are not the ones you show-off too

Quote:
And i'd like to thank TBHP for that.
What for exactly? Didn't get it.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have said this before & am saying this again leave the poor guy ALONE. He's suffered enough & doesn't need all of you piling onto him.

He wasn't driving when the crash happened and as he mentions the cyclewallah just appeared on the road. Those of you who do our NH's regularly know how frequent these incidents are most of the times we save the idiots but at times things go out of control and accidents happen.

And Manveet please stop preaching. We understand you're trying to improve your driving post accident but please leave Karthik alone he's learnt his lesson, he wasn't driving & let's not get into the holier than thou attitude about underage driving & crashes.

Guys appreciate the fact that Karthik has the guts to post about his accident, including all the facts and also accepting that he's underage. If his parents allow him to drive that's their decision and their problem, not yours. You've put your point across now there's no need to rub it in.

Karthik don't be disheartened you did the right thing when the situation demanded it & that's what matters. And believe me despite what people say Maturity does not have a direct co-relation to age & I can show you tons of examples of that even on the forum.

Let's not make him regret sharing this incident with us all.

Last edited by iraghava : 13th November 2006 at 01:30.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I'm sorry to say this, but even I feel this thread is very much against the rules of our beloved forum.
If thats what everyone feel like, the Mods can go ahead and delete the whole thread. And i'd be glad its gone too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks