Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2006, 01:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear what happened. I was just checking your garage and was admiring the efforts you have put in the car when suddenly i landed up on this thread.

I dont blame Karthik for this, he wasnot driving, so i dont think anyone should pin point at him, unnecessarily. I really appreciate him for posting out the facts to the Bhpians so we too are careful when we drive on National Highways. Accidents do tend to happen Karthik, so just relax, dont worry, hopefully everything will be fine. Hope you get a better and faster car real soon.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

Well kartik, its pretty unfortunate you had to go through all this trouble, especially after you had just modded your car. Accidents are inevitable, ill second that. Its a lesson learnt for you, agree to that too.

Now without harping on you or trying to impose any rules, ill just put in my two cents.... What i do not agree to is unnecessary overspeeding and rash driving. I dont say that you should drive at a snails pace, but you should be driving fast only when you are sure that you have a 100% clear and visible stretch to do so. Otherwise believe me, its totally not worth it. You can be lucky a few times or a few hundred times, but eventually luck does run out and fate will tell you only once. Like an old saying goes, its better to be safe than sorry.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
Really sorry about the accident man, I had one with my OHC about a month back and am still to get the car back.
Sweet, and now ur telling me?? What happened in ur case. Ur old enough and have a license, but how did this happen..it shouldn't have. Its not fair cuz ur old enough, and mature enough and have more experience.

Last edited by karthik247 : 13th November 2006 at 01:46.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
And Manveet please stop preaching. We understand you're trying to improve your driving post accident but please leave Karthik alone he's learnt his lesson, he wasn't driving & let's not get into the holier than thou attitude about underage driving & crashes.
Ishan, not once have I preached against underage driving .. I too drove at an early age. What I am concerned about is this guys not comprehending the implications of what he has gone through.

Quote:
Guys I have said this before & am saying this again leave the poor guy ALONE.
He has had enough opportunities to slow down on this thread. He continues to post a response, and hence it gets worse by simply going on and on.

Quote:
He's suffered enough & doesn't need all of you piling onto him.
This sounds like a preach to me

Yaar kya suffering suffering kar raha hai tab se - A few bruises. Papa Mummy car theek kara denge - main phir se stud ban jaonga aur agli baar turn kaise nahin karna hai to maine seekh hi liya hai. s*it man, par ab ek mahina bina meri sexy car ke kaisa chalega !!

w.t.f. Peace man. Why the hell am I getting so emotional and sounding like his parents . Good night guys.

Last edited by manveet : 13th November 2006 at 02:06.
Old 13th November 2006, 01:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Sweet, and now ur telling me?? What happened in ur case. Ur old enough and have a license, but how did this happen..it shouldn't have. Its not fair cuz ur old enough, and mature enough and have more experience.
Aha. Just saw this after I posted. Yaar Ishan why are you getting upset - this dude seems to be enjoying the attention

Bring it on baby !!

How and Why I had my accident is not important. What happened after that is.

When I had an accident, I called my Dad up who came down from office immediately. I saw him spend the complete day with me on the DND withe the cops etc.. I saw the concern and pain on his face. Same on my mom's. Sat down with them late into the night and talked about a lot of stuff. Not relevant. Phir Ishan bolega there goes Manveet preaching again.

Then I thought about starting a thread on why we should NOT street-race. But then I'm a lazy bum so let it go.

Did anything even remotely like this happen with you. I don't think so.

But you sure have a crazy fab-club that is eagerly waiting for you to get your car repaired so that you can "keep the show up".

Disclaimer: This does not mean that I will not drive fast in future, but will be way less crazy about it, also more responsible.

regards
Old 13th November 2006, 02:02   #66
elf
BANNED

@manveet: Dude, let the kid be. He wasn't driving, & an accident could happen to anybody. You should know! He's just lost his beloved car, methinks he's learnt whatever lesson he had to learn the really hard way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
... make it up slowly and continue the show!!! "ALL THE VERY BEST" from my side... cheers!
@nikkibike: Dude, that's probably the dumbest statement I've read on this forum. Think twice before you type.

And like manveet suggested, get a life.
Old 13th November 2006, 02:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

@Manveet
WHATEVAH DUDE...Just remember u went thru an accident as well.

GOODNIGHT...

Last edited by karthik247 : 13th November 2006 at 02:07.
Old 13th November 2006, 07:26   #68
BHPian

oh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
@nikkibike: Dude, that's probably the dumbest statement I've read on this forum. Think twice before you type.
NO COMMENTS dude!!
Old 13th November 2006, 08:32   #69
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mods

This thread is getting rather slippery!!!

Please note

Underage Driving - The impression given is that Karthik was not driving and it was someone else. Unless we have evidence elsewhere, stop piling on about underage driving. If such antics are mentioned elsewhere - it may be addressed in that thread in a civilised manner

Enjoying the Attention - Having gone through the thread, Karthik has explained what has happened and what is being done. What could be avoided is getting into arguments.

I would like to commend Arush and Iraghava for their balanced comments. Stop piling on and remember accidents can happen and can be avoided by ensuring you are safe in terms of speed and control...but the unexpected can happen - it has happened to me!

Going forward, I expect constructive comments about helping Karthik resolve situation or Karthik updating us factually on what is happening otherwise Chop-chop!!!!

Last edited by ajmat : 13th November 2006 at 10:32.
Old 13th November 2006, 10:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, im shocked to hear this. But i'm glad to know that there are no serious injuries to both of you. The time seems to be bad, first it was Zak's crash and now you. Drive carefully bro.
Old 13th November 2006, 10:42   #71
BHPian

Ouch man! I just saw this thread! I'm SO sorry about your car, and just glad you and that friend are ok.

Whatever was needed to be said has already been, so let me not waste valuable server memory talking about it again.

Think of the brighter side... Tis' a good chance to buy a new car! Something with a mugen kit I suggest!

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 13th November 2006, 10:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

glad you too are ok.

Now, do keep us posted what the insurance guys said abt it and what the police guys said! and of course the AAI guys.

And which type of insurance did your car have? Is the amp etc intact?
Old 13th November 2006, 11:00   #73
Team-BHP Support

take care man and hope you get everything sorted out soon
Old 13th November 2006, 11:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, really sorry to hear about your car & glad that you are OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
...but the unexpected can happen - it has happened to me!
It happens to all of us I think Ajmat. Having said that, given driving conditions in India, these kind of "unexpected"s are happening maybe 3 or 4 times a day. All of us should bear that in mind.
Old 13th November 2006, 11:42   #75
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Karthik !!!, Thats one damaged lancer but no worries as long as u are ok.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks