Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2006, 13:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lancer smashed....

Note from Mod

We have investigated and heard from reliable sources that Karthik was driving. Team-bhp does not encourage underage and rash driving. It is quite upsetting for a lot of us to be misled on this post.

Pics are in a restricted area have been removed

Thread is closed

Today morning we were having an XBHP meet. So as usual, joined them early in the morning at around 7am. After that we proceeded to the beach to chill out. Not thats when everything went wrong.

As we were going on the highway, we were doing abt 100kmph all the way. Then this turning comes, the last one before the beach. The highway runs alongside the TVM Airport.

We approached the turn, and suddenly this cyclewala jumps from nowhere. As there was almost no time to react, immediately turned the steering to the right side and as the car almost hit the turn while this happend, the back drifted. Tehn saw another vehicle comming from the opp side, and by the time the car lost total control. Turned to the left again and the car did a 180, smashed right front first into the wall running alongside the road, turnd and came to a halt. Thank god we had seatbelts on, otherwise things would have been very bad.

Car is in bad bad shape at the moment. Damage includes broken front glass, shatterd bumper, torn tyre, broken alloy, full body kit is finished, bonnet bent, roof dent, rear quarter panel dent, broken axle, broken radiator.

Last edited by ajmat : 14th November 2006 at 16:08.
Old 12th November 2006, 13:24   #2
BHPian

My God!!

ugh!!!
Hey forget the car... what is your status?!! Have a medical checkup soon!!... And any legal problems?!! Any body is injured?!!
Car is still on the spot or removed?!
Anyway..forget it man... part of the game..... thank god that atleast you cud post this mge!! Car can be reshaped with money....but if something happens to humans...it will be real bad !!
Hope everything is fine as of now without complications....
Pl update as possible... Don't get upset man!!

Mods note: Quote deleted. Because it's not adding anything to your reply.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th November 2006 at 20:05.
Old 12th November 2006, 13:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Car is in bad bad shape at the moment. Damage includes broken front glass, shatterd bumper, torn tyre, broken alloy, full body kit is finished, bonnet bent, roof dent, rear quarter panel dent, broken axle, broken radiator.
ouchhhh !! thats gonna hurt !! atleast good enough that you guys had your seat belts on and are safe... take care guys and im sure that cyclewala must have easily peddled away leaving you`ll in a mess .
Old 12th November 2006, 13:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

No complications yaar, friend was driving. Also got a back pain and bruises on the knee and the hand.

Just totally dissappointed that my car, which was more like a dream car, is gone...finished :(
Old 12th November 2006, 13:53   #5
BANNED

Man! Very sorry to hear that.

Spoke to the man, he is safe. A few injuries, nothing serious. His mother is a doc, so I think he should be well taken care.

The car is in a mess though. Seems it'll have to be repaired from the roots.
He just fitted a new spoiler yesterday. I think that's not included in the totalled list!
Old 12th November 2006, 13:59   #6
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about your accident. hope all are safe. god speed.
Feels sad to hear a lancer all smashed up.

Few things karthik do you have pics at the accident site like speedzak, this will help you in insurance.

Also you mentioned that your friend was driving. Does your insurance cover vehicle driven by someone else. some insurance policies dont.
If it doesnt you may face problems or you will have to prove that you were driving the car.

All the best.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Oh God! , Hope everything gets back into shape soon, did you have comprehensive insurance ??
Old 12th November 2006, 14:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

I did, we took pix from all sides and angles.
Are u sure about that insurance thing??

Interior of the car is fine. Removed the ICE and all, nuting happened to any of that. They were intact and screwed as if everyting was fine. But after the car spun and came to a halt after crashing, i saw the HU near the gear liver, it fell off!!

Last edited by karthik247 : 12th November 2006 at 14:02.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about it man.Take care.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:07   #10
BHPian

Ohhhhh man that was a gem of a car.......Glad to hear tht u r safe.....thank god the car didn overturned due to sharp turns.....so wers the car now???don worry dude, thank to god nothing serious happened
Old 12th November 2006, 14:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

yeah that happens, well if you have insuance you can get few parts from here and there and claim for the value of some of the stuff which is aftermarket on your car, as in, you have to remove the front bumper and get a mangled lancer bumper, that kind of stuff is available commonly in Bangalore in Shivajinagar. Don't know about TVM, but make sure u get everything under the hood replaced.
Yet again, very very sorry to hear about this, can happen to anyone and thank god that you guys did not hit the cycle guy.

I myself had a 2 side tailspin with my zen at 100 last week but I controlled it somehow and got back on the road.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:09   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Also you mentioned that your friend was driving. Does your insurance cover vehicle driven by someone else. some insurance policies dont.
If it doesnt you may face problems or you will have to prove that you were driving the car.
He will be in bigger trouble if he proves that, he recently turned 17 if I remember correctly.

Karthik, I hope at least your friend was of legal age, or else insurance guys can refuse any payment.

Thank god you are safe, and there are no serious injury or fatalities to anybody, even to the stupid cyclist.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

Karthik, I hope at least your friend was of legal age, or else insurance guys can refuse any payment.
Yeah that guy is above 18 n has a license......

Infact i think that guy is capable of pulling this off without major issues.....
Old 12th November 2006, 14:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yea my friend is 23, got a driver's license and his dad's got good contacts too. So hopefully there shoudn't be any probs, touchwood.

The engine atleast, kinda seems fine. The bonnet cannot be opened so cant tell now. The car for now is at the main traffic control station here. The airport guys (AAI) have filed a case cuz their compund wall was damaged. We spoke to them and they said we have to repair the wall for them. They estimated 40k for the repair alone. The damaged part is about 10feet high and 6feet wide.

So the car will be with the cops for the next 2days, by which the work of the airport wall should be over and the car withdrawn. After that i can take the car and claim insurance and get it repaired.

Last edited by karthik247 : 12th November 2006 at 14:19.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well Karthik good to hear you're safe & sorry to hear about your car. Take care and best of luck with the car.

EDIT: Just saw the pictures. Karthik there seems to be major structural damage to the front end. Be very careful while you're getting the car repaired else it could cause you major problems in the long term.

Last edited by iraghava : 12th November 2006 at 14:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks