Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2006, 21:22   #1
BHPian

A Freak Ac Accident

Dunno about the truth of the incident as i got this by mail.Also the mail said tht a similar accident has occured in chennai recently tooo.....Delhi & Chennai t-bhpians speak out ur share....

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]

Monday September 4, 10:54 PM
New Delhi: A freak incident in the rain on Saturday has now created new fears of what might happen. A car air conditioner turned into an instrument of death and killed a family of four.

The family was trapped inside their car in Faridabad's sector 16. The AC was on and the windows were rolled up. The four died due to suffocation.

During rains if the car AC is left on and there is no ventilation, the car could turn into a gas chamber.

Rain water partially chokes the exhaust pipe and denies a smooth exit for the exhaust fumes. Since the AC had been left on, the exhaust fumes mixed with the air and formed carbon monoxide causing suffocation.

Carbon monoxide is said to be a silent killer as it induces a sleep like state not allowing the person to feel any pain. There were no signs of the occupants frantically trying to open the car doors or windows.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]

The car was still running, when the four were found. The exhaust pipe had submerged leaving no outlet for exhaust fumes. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]

Auto experts say that the accident was a freak accident and that this is not very common. However, they advise drivers to drive with their windows down during monsoons and without the air conditioner. They also suggest that the doors be unlocked while driving.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][FONT=sans-serif][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 12th November 2006, 21:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

There's a thread already on this topic.
Pls search,bro.
Old 12th November 2006, 21:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Similar thread already exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...death-car.html
Old 13th November 2006, 07:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hari_Rama - Pls do not copy-paste as you have done in the post above. The font en-coding shows up, as seen in your post.
Old 13th November 2006, 17:53   #5
BHPian

whoops !!!! i forgot to check for similar threads.... i posted it as soon as i got the mail thats y.........mods please merge the threads.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks