Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 19:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMC notice for parking my car on a public road

As suggested by the BMC officer keep your car out of sight for 2 weeks for which you do have options. Also in the mean time invest in an alert system which would send an alert if your car is being towed or moved so that you get to know immediately if that happens after a couple of weeks.
Old 12th September 2017, 11:15   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
A friend of mine, resident in a building on Marine Drive said they had the same parking issues, so the society got together and installed a two-level lift parking system within their building compound.
The residents operate the lift themselves and has helped families that have at-least two cars.
To be honest we have not investigated this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
The act is dated 1888 b(313A was added in 1925). It really requires amendments to meet current day scenario..
Yeah I was wondering about that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Also in the mean time invest in an alert system which would send an alert if your car is being towed or moved so that you get to know immediately if that happens after a couple of weeks.
Is it legal? What does one need to buy? Can it be transferred from car to car?
Old 12th September 2017, 11:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
The act is dated 1888 b(313A was added in 1925). It really requires amendments to meet current day scenario.

And Please do not support bribing. On one hand we rant about corruption and on the other, we hinder its elimination by bribing.
I do not support bribes and have never bribed anyone to get any favours. The sarcasm in my statement seems to be lost on people!!

Though I have not gone through the thread after my post, but it seems to me that it is the latest money spinning racket BMC has come up with to trouble South Mumbai folks.
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 19:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is it legal? What does one need to buy? Can it be transferred from car to car?
I dont see a reason why it would be illegal because it's not specific for towing. There are many security systems available specially in US like 'Auto i' which basically sends a message whenever anyone tries to do anything to the car along with a video link etc. I am sure there are quite a few which are cheaper. Also items like Auto i can be transferred to a different car.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 12th September 2017 at 19:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks