Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Kerala police have arrested two members of a quotation gang for allegedly assaulting Gireesh Kumar,an engineer , as directed by a city-based lawyer after the former allegedly ‘disturbed’ him by repeatedly honking at him.

An emergency surgery was performed on the victim, who suffered multiple fractures in his arms after being attacked with an iron rod.

The incident took place on September 3. The accused lawyer had parked his car, blocking Gireesh Kumar’s vehicle, on the road in front of a shopping mall at Sakthan Nagar, Thrissur

Gireesh honked the horn to alert the lawyer, but instead of moving his car out of the way, he came out and got into a heated altercation with the former.

After the verbal exchanges, the victim drove away in his car, but when he reached near his apartment he found another vehicle, carrying the quotation gang, following him. The duo stopped him at the building’s parking lot and attacked him with an iron road, the police said.

Gireesh was hospitalized with multiple broken bones and fractures in his arms.

The arrested were members of a gang indulged in confiscation of vehicles from owners who defaulted loan repayment and is also an accused in the murder of a local political leader.

Manorama Article

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2017 at 12:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts
johannskaria is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 12:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Kerala: Lawyer hires thugs to assault man who honked at him

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Kerala police have arrested two members of a quotation gang...repayment and is also an accused in the murder of a local political leader
Fantastic!! We're soon to witness even worse situation than this in the future.

Pardon me, if I sound pessimistic here, I'm a realist & talking very practical. From pelleting eggs on NH4 to you hit someone & trying to rip off an innocent car owner to now this one has only proven one thing - LACK OF ENFORCEMENT

Unless law is enforced stringently, worse is going to get worst.

OT - At this rate, I think AI & robotics are going to find the best usage in this country (probably in Nigeria, Afghanistan etc also) where one can buy a robot with skills of martial art as body guard. And needless to say about the loopholes of law & the eons for the justice esp when it comes to crime & technology, until then the robot will find itself behind the bars while the owner can roam free!!
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 23:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to see cops acting so quickly, that too against a lawyer who they usually try to avoid dealing with. Just out of curiousity what is a "quotation" gang ?
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 23:41   #4
BHPian

Seems to be another classic case of road rage. Don't know when this momentary madness will end. Time and again same old stories are being repeated throughout the length and breadth of the country wherein frayed tempers are leading to nasty situations. The two most common precursors to road rage incidents are honking & overtaking as both these actions are perceived as an open challenge to the inflated egos. Its always better to avoid flaring up of the situation by being discreet in words as well as actions. Nothing is personal on roads.

Some measures to avoid nasty situations while driving:
1. Always overtake the vehicle in front from the right and in a steady manner. Avoid zipping past at high speeds.

2. Signal the driver ahead about your intentions to overtake by gently blowing the horn. If still you are not being allowed to pass, wait for a while instead of loosing temper. Also avoid continuous honking at all costs as it leads to rise in anxiety levels.

3. In case of misunderstanding always try to diffuse the situation by moving away from the spot as quickly as possible. Avoid making eye contacts with the other drivers at all costs as it may send wrong signal.

4. Always start early so as to avoid unnecessary stress while driving.

5. Smile away at the unintentional minor mistakes made by fellow motorists and ignore and stay calm if someone is driving rashly.

It should be our earnest endeavour to strive for courtesy with fellow motorists so as make driving a truly happy and memorable experience.

Last edited by ssambyal1980 : 10th September 2017 at 23:44.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 23:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Good to see cops acting so quickly, that too against a lawyer who they usually try to avoid dealing with. Just out of curiousity what is a "quotation" gang ?
Refers to "Supari" gangs or simply hired muscle.
Kerala has a lot of trouble with these.

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2017 at 13:26. Reason: typo
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 13:47   #6
BHPian

Re: Kerala: Lawyer hires thugs to assault man who honked at him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
As answered its goons for hire. Must be named after the "quote" that they give to bump a person off.
batterylow is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 22:47   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

What happened to the lawyer? No mention of him at all.

They should publicly humiliate these guys so people are aware, and their business suffers - along with maximum sentences under the law.

Lawyers, policemen and other law enforcement agencies should be tried to the highest levels for when they indulge in such tactics.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:16   #8
BHPian

These days you cannot mess with anyone on the road, period!
It is not worth your time nor losing your head over. I drive from Delhi to Gurgaon everyday and come across countless such idiots. Best practice is to ignore and move on.

I only listen to Mozart and Bach while driving in the city, helps soothe the nerves!
DuHasstMich is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
What happened to the lawyer? No mention of him at all.
Yes, they mentioned the name of the guy who got assaulted, the names of the 2 'quotation' gang members, and with their photographs, but nowhere is the lawyers name mentioned. If it has been clarified that it was the lawyer who had ordered for the attack, he, too should be brought to task. His name and photograph also should be publicized. The public should be aware of who the lawyer is.
This is not like the Malayalam actress case, which is going on at present, where her name has not been mentioned anywhere, but all knows who she is.

On a lighter note - nowadays these 'quotation' gangs must be getting tech savvy, and must be having a centralized control unit with live tracking of the locations of each of their goons. And for the 'quotation' to have been arranged so fast, the lawyer just had to call the 'Control Unit', and the closest goon would have been dispatched to complete the job.

Payment mode - Online transfer upon completion of job.
Proof that the job has been completed - media reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
I only listen to Mozart and Bach while driving in the city, helps soothe the nerves!
True. The music that you listen while driving really affects they way you drive. I remember a day, a few months back, it was RD Burman's birth anniversary, and the FM was playing only his songs the whole of the day, or at least the whole of my morning and evening drive. All soothing oldies, and for once, during my drive from home to office and from office to home, I did not curse/use expletives (which, when I do, is with all with the windows wound up ).
Let me download some Mozart and Bach and try them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks