Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2006, 23:46   #1
BANNED

Another Horrific Accident - Delhi !!!

Hey, It mnay sound strange but does MPFI have any connection with cars catching fire so easily these days ???

Another HORRIFIC ACCIDENT happened on the DND Flyover connecting Delhi and Noida . An esteem with 2 people crashed into a truck coming in teh wrong direction , the saddest part is that the car burst into flames and the two occupants in the car were burnt alive in their seats

When will these truck wallas learn ???? They need to be SHOT in public .... flogged actually .

Cheers

May their souls rest in peace ...
Old 24th November 2006, 00:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

My friend called me from the DND abt a hour back. Seems they are abt 200 onlookers there right now and probably all the News Channels.

This is Crazy. Whats the point of security on the DND if we have Tempo's coming in the opposite direction. Personally, I have even seen DND's own cranes go on the wrong side.

May their Souls R.I.P.
Old 24th November 2006, 00:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

May their souls rest in peace, and that of the lorry driver rot in hell.

MPFI contributes to a fire the same way petrol does. So nothing specific to it.
Old 24th November 2006, 00:45   #4
BANNED

Oh my god! Another one because of sheer carelessness. May the almighty have mercy on these guys.

Isn't it time to change the way our law looks into accidents?
Old 24th November 2006, 01:11   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well these truck drivers need to be shot...a couple of days back even i almost met with an accident...almost.the same thing,a container lorry was on the wrong side.good thing i was just dong 60kmph and managed to see the truck in time.
may their souls rest in peace.
Old 24th November 2006, 01:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Isn't it time to change the way our law looks into accidents?
For that matter, it is time to improve the value of life as a whole. If somebody looses life everybody from a cop to media, politicians, even fellow citizens pay very casual concern. In this country a dead politician's phsyco son hitting his wife is a bigger news than anything else.

May the unfortunate souls rest in peace.
Old 24th November 2006, 01:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Oh God not another one. The DND is usually well monitored but sometimes these things do happen mainly due to the idiot truckwallahs who are drunk & in a hurry to reach somewhere no matter at what risk. I bet the truck driver survived and ran away. I was hoping instead of the driver of the Esteem the truck driver had been burnt alive.

And on the news they mentioned that there were liquor bottles in the truck's cabin & that the fire-brigade chaps took 30 minutes to debate who's jurisdiction it was before coming to the accident spot. Even though the Delhi Fire station is 2 minutes away from the accident spot below the Ashram flyover. Shameful that's what it is.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 24th November 2006 at 09:16.
Old 24th November 2006, 17:37   #8
BHPian

I guess it was also reported that the car was fitted with CNG. It may be because of it that the car caught fire. Any idea how is it possible??
Old 24th November 2006, 17:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well DND guys have to take the responsibilty... its a toll road and its high time these people get away with life risking carelessness.
Even i had a scare when a 10 wheeler truck was coming in the wrong direction in the fastest lane of the traffic on DND, fortunately i wasnt going too fast and was able to avoid it and reported it to the walky guy at the toll gates and gave him the piece of my mind.
Really sad to hear this... when will we learn. May the souls R.I.P
Old 24th November 2006, 18:47   #10
BHPian

may their soul rest in peace.

i guess this calls for all the truck seats to be fixed right ahead of their bumpers so that in case of a collision the first to die should be the lorry driver. nothing but this can fix their behaviour.

they should be kept at par with ny professional sharpshooter & then their sentences should be decided.
Old 25th November 2006, 01:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Photographs

Ok, here are a couple of pictures taken by my friend .. his camera phone is useless so please excuse the quality.

Based on what an eyewitness said, the car caught fire immediately on impact and this guy practically had to reverse his car. The accident took place as soon as one enters the DND from Delhi side. I'm not sure, but I think the tempo chap was in the fast lane (he must have turned around once he realised he was on the DND).

Also, what is surprising is that although the DND has Ambulances and Towing Cranes available on call .. their is no Fire-Brigade available on short notice. Press from all News-channels was present way before a Fire-brigade found its way there.
Old 25th November 2006, 09:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

I think they should have a gun lined up in the truck cabin aiming straight at the drivers head. The moment the truck collides with ANYTHING, sensors from around the truck tells the gun to do the needful.
Old 25th November 2006, 10:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

I hope he rots in jail for some time to come but knowing our judiciary, he'll be out shortly.

He just turned around when he realized he was on the DND without a thought for what his action could lead to! This is the attitude/indifference/intelligence of the average driver on our roads, will there ever be hope for disciplined driving?
Old 25th November 2006, 11:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

its a very sad news. may their souls rest in peace.

in this country no one follows traffic rules (including me at times - not stopping when the yellow traffic light turns on at an intersection). i know this is not right and i have checked that to a great extent... no hard feelings but the list includes the bikers too and the stupid cab drivers and cyclists.

in kolkata, the "morons" include:
1. bikes, scooters, cycles plying on the wrong lane
2. bus drivers - many people die because of their rash driving @ kolkata.
3. cab drivers (i dont know where do they land up in kolkata)
4. truckers @night and early morning hours.
5. private vehicles (atleast these guys care about their rides to some extent)
Old 7th December 2006, 02:30   #15
BHPian

No responsibilty for any bodies life any body can buy a truck driving licence and sing I GOT Licence to Kill the truck drives deserves to be lynched right up there and the guy who gave him a licence to drive

Any thing is eXpected here like you are watching a cricket match and a truck driver come in so he does not have to take a round of the whole stadium

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks