Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th January 2018, 16:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: FASTag RFID mandatory on all new cars from 1st December, 2017

Has anyone with a new car got this activated ? I got one with my car delivered in Jan first week however the sales person is clueless about it and dragging on how to access my account
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 16:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Has anyone with a new car got this activated ? I got one with my car delivered in Jan first week however the sales person is clueless about it and dragging on how to access my account
What financial institution does this tag belong to? Based on that, ask your sales guy on what is the attribute (unique) for the tag - Like the customer ID, Username or consumer number etc.

On basis of this, call up the customer care of the bank that issued this tag and register or reset the account.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2018, 11:08   #33
BHPian

Just three days back, I took the delivery of new Honda WR-V. They didn't even mention about mandatory FASTag neither they talked about charges for it. Thier price list of new car also doesn't have any mention of FASTag charges.

No mention of FASTag charges.
FASTag RFID mandatory on all new cars from 1st December, 2017-img20180410wa0008.jpg

The Point here is, I got a new car delivered without any FASTag. Isn't it strange?
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 15:17   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post

The Point here is, I got a new car delivered without any FASTag. Isn't it strange?
I think it's dealers responsibility to provide a Fastag for you, but this dealer is just not interested in it. You can escalate this to Honda.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 23:53   #35
BHPian

I've bought a City in march end and the fastag will be installed in a few days. They say it takes time because of volumes due to govt mandate now. But they're working. It is going to be from icici as they have a tie up with them and i couldn't choose the vendor. Fee charged was 600 and only my aadhaar was asked for. Hope it helps.
Guneet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 14:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think it's dealers responsibility to provide a Fastag for you, but this dealer is just not interested in it.
Actually, I am not interested in getting FASTag for my new car. Our new car"ll rarely face a toll-booth. Is driving a new car without FASTag an offence? Installing/buying FASTtag should be initiated by the dealer, they didn't do it (that's strange). However, that's ok with me.
SJM1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 14:10   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is driving a new car without FASTag an offence?
No it is not. It was made mandatory only with the aim of increasing the user base.

So you can continue to drive your car without any worry and the FASTag.
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 18:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
We got a Tiago XZA for my wife in March 2018 from Concorde Motors, Jayanagar. After the booking was made, my wife got a verification call from PayTM and during delivery, we received the FASTag. The price sheets did not mention the paytm charges, but it was told to us that all new cars have to be registered with PayTM's FASTag.

This car of ours too, will not be used for the Highways, but having done two highway drives, the FasTag was a relief.

Guess your dealer was just not interested in offering the same. You should escalate this to Honda.
drhoneycake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 14:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
We got a Tiago XZA for my wife in March 2018 from Concorde Motors, Jayanagar. After the booking was made, my wife got a verification call from PayTM and during delivery, we received the FASTag. The price sheets did not mention the paytm charges, but it was told to us that all new cars have to be registered with PayTM's FASTag.

This car of ours too, will not be used for the Highways, but having done two highway drives, the FasTag was a relief.

Guess your dealer was just not interested in offering the same. You should escalate this to Honda.
We also got the FASTag pasted on our windscreen during delivery. Hyundai dealers charge 600 bucks for the PayTM's FASTag but I was able to negotiate and get it free - Thanks to fellow Team-BHPian who had shared his experience.
While, my car would hardly be seeing the highway, we have toll booth en route the Airport and hence hoping it would be used.
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 19:47   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

We bought a Tiago last week and I clearly remember the pricing sheet had an entry for Fastag (Rs. 600).

The Invoice didn't have any note of it, nor did my SA mention during the delivery process (and it slipped my mind). A few days after taking delivery, it struck me that I didn't get it so I called her up.

She then mentioned that I should provide my PAN to her and then the Paytm OTP generated and I could collect it from their office. Did that short while back. I spoke to her around 1pm and collected it at 5.30.

The Fastag account showed up on my Paytm account by 6.30 and it has Rs. 150 as balance (which I believe is the minimum balance).
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote