Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 21:03   #61
BHPian

Re: FASTag RFID mandatory on all new cars from 1st December, 2017 EDIT:No cash payments from 01 Jan

My experience with HDFC FASTag, did Vizag-Hyderabad-Vizag last week.

Started my journey towards Hyderabad around 530am, all the Toll Plazas had FASTag facilities and only one cash/non FASTag lane. Observed that all Toll plazas had PayTM, ICICI stalls for FASTag purchase, and people flocked these stalls for the tags. In addition, Toll plaza staff ensured that non-FASTag vehicles do not enter FASTag lanes. Few were sent back and made to go via cash lanes. Some vehicle owners made a fuss about being sent back and cash being rejected in FASTag lanes, however at one Toll Plaza near Vijayawada where FASTag lane accepted cash nowhere else I could see that violation.

Furthermore, towards Hyderabad, one Seltos driver picked up a quarrel with Toll guys for not accepting cash in FASTag, I suppose this the last toll plaza to Hyderabad, and this resulted in a pile up of cars , and honking started. This continued for about 15mins, later a Toll official approached the vehicle and forced the Seltos to move aside and then we moved on.

I bought HDFC FASTag online, a week prior to the journey and I would not suggest HDFC FASTag, it's a big "NO". And the reason is, their FASTag website is poorly coded, it rarely loads and recharging your account is a nightmare. The evening before my return journey, I was trying to recharge my FASTag account and it wasn’t happening. Errors include "page cannot be displayed”, gateway error, DNS error" etc. After which, tried to recharge via PayTm and GooglePay, and it was successful but then my FASTag account balance showed no top-up. Tried reaching out to HDFC support they told me "HDFC FASTag" has no relation with bank! and that service is provided by a third party vendor and they can’t help me in this problem. I was so annoyed that I started to curse myself for buying "HDFC FASTag". After few hours got hold of HDFC FASTag support person, and I was told that their server has an issue and the recharged money will be credited to my account within 24hours, while I had to start my journey upon day-break! I gave up this "no logical" fight with HDFC and decided to take cash lanes despite having a FASTag.

Woke up at 4AM and saw a message that my account has been recharged with both the amounts I had recharged using PaytM and GPay! Thanked the heavens and started my journey back.

PS: Mods pls delete or change the thread if this post is a misfit here.
Old 27th January 2021, 14:47   #62
BHPian

Re: FASTag RFID mandatory on all new cars from 1st December, 2017 EDIT:No cash payments from 01 Jan

Guys,

Toll is still exempt for MH12 cars at khed-shivapur toll naka. I had been to a friend's place yesterday who stays at Nasrapur which is just few kms from the toll.

I have not stuck fastag sticker on my car and kept it aside so it does not get detected. This helps in such situations where toll is exempt.

When I rolled down the window to speak to the toll booth operator, he himself told me that toll for MH12 is still exempt. God bless him!

Few weeks earlier on my way to Satara, toll got deducted through fastag as I thought that is mandatory at this toll as well and did not check with the toll booth operator.

Not sure if this is the right thread still concerns fastag so posted here.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by SSD2122 : 27th January 2021 at 14:50.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 00:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I had to send email to fastagdisputes@hdfcbank.com along with the customer ID, registration number, RC copy and vehicle photo(should be less than 2 MB size). After a week, registration number was updated.
I followed the steps mentioned here but got a response that I should be getting in touch with support@hdfcbank.com instead.

It seems that FastagDisputes@hdfcbank.com is only for disputed transactions. For everything else, we need to get in touch with support@hdfcbank.com

Though support@hdfcbank.com team did try to push the responsibility of fixing this back to FastagDisputes@hdfcbank.com, they fell in line when I reminded them about the fact in the previous para. It took them 2 more days to get it done and about 20 minutes back, I have received their email that the registration no. has been updated.

I can finally check my balance and recharge my Fastag from UPI apps like PhonePe.

Thank you once again for the guidance.

What happened to me must have happened to thousands of people across the country. Why is it then there is no formal way of getting this updated present on the portal? I mean, the Fastag was registered prior to me getting the vehicle registration no. So no way the Fastag could have had the registration no. on file at the time of activation.

This will be the case with most people buying a new car. If this is such a common use case, might as well make everybody's jobs easier and have a form on the portal itself to upload the documents and get this done faster. This would save everyone so much hassle!
Old 4th February 2021, 07:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I followed the steps mentioned here but got a response that I should be getting in touch with support@hdfcbank.com instead.
Yes, I too received that email, but that was kind of a generic auto response. So I did not bother to do further follow up. Later after a week or so, when I checked the portal, the number was got updated. But till now they haven't sent me any response saying that the request was completed. Anyways I did not intend to use HDFC tag, so kept it at home and went for Paytm one .
Old 16th June 2021, 17:49   #65
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

A friend is kind of stuck and asked this on FB. Any suggestions? Would like to help him out of possible.

"Can't register a car without a fastag, and can't get a fastag without a registration number. The dealer has only ICICI, and I want to stick to HDFC as my other cars are on HDFC, and it's simpler to deal with a single wallet."
Old 16th June 2021, 18:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
A friend is kind of stuck and asked this on FB. Any suggestions? Would like to help him out of possible.

"Can't register a car without a fastag, and can't get a fastag without a registration number. The dealer has only ICICI, and I want to stick to HDFC as my other cars are on HDFC, and it's simpler to deal with a single wallet."
The simplest option is to get the ICICI tag from the dealer now and later get a new HDFC tag after getting the RC. No need to break the head for Rs. 200.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 18:29   #67
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The simplest option is to get the ICICI tag from the dealer now and later get a new HDFC tag after getting the RC. No need to break the head for Rs. 200.
Is it easy to do that? To get a second tag for the same car? does the first tag have to be cancelled?
Old 16th June 2021, 23:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Is it easy to do that? To get a second tag for the same car? does the first tag have to be cancelled?
Just scratch it off and forget the small amount you paid.
No need of getting it cancelled.

We got a useless Axis fastag which got blocked by the bank despite having sufficient balance and the system was also not accepting new recharges. Simply tore it off and got a new paytm fastag.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 00:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Finally, the news I was waiting for so long :

Bye-bye long queues at toll plaza! FASTag on Yamuna Expressway

Source : ZeeNews dated 15-Jun-2021

Quote:
Two FASTag lanes have been reserved on both sides of the Toll plaza. The remaining lanes will continue to accept digital payment or cash for toll fees...

The IDBI shall be the acquiring bank and shall manage toll collection and related processes for the toll plazas of the projects for a period of seven years...
Old 19th August 2021, 12:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on 'NO CASH ACCEPTANCE' status at toll plazas?

What will happen if a car without Fastag reaches a toll plaza - will it be mandatory to buy one on the spot before proceeding?
Old 19th August 2021, 12:40   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
What will happen if a car without Fastag reaches a toll plaza - will it be mandatory to buy one on the spot before proceeding?
Take the left most lane (in most cases). That lane accepts cash also. Have had to do this about 10 days back when my tag was not working.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 23:05   #72
BHPian

Pune people travelling on NH4, how are you guys managing it at the Khed-Shivapur toll booth? As you all might know, MH12 and MH14 vehicles are exempted here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks