Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2017, 12:59   #1
Team-BHP Support

Take picture of illegally-parked car, earn 50 bucks

Click pics of illegally parked cars, get rewarded: Nitin Gadkari
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/61735736.cms

Quote:
Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari today asked citizens to click picture of wrongly parked cars and send to authorities, while proposing a 10 per cent reward for them from Rs 500 fine imposed on the owner of the concerned vehicle.

"In my Motor Vehicle Act, I am going to add one law (provision). Any car on road, you just take the photo on your mobile and send it to the department concerned or Police. There will be Rs 500 fine and 10 per cent will go to the complainant," Gadkari said today.
I think this might actually work. But what if 10 people take photos of an illegally parked car? First come, first served or Rs. 50 shared between those 10 persons?
SmartCat is online now   (44) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Take picture of illegally-parked car, earn 50 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/61735736.cms

I think this might actually work. But what if 10 people take photos of an illegally parked car? First come, first served or Rs. 50 shared between those 10 persons?
One can make a living out of it. You roam in Bangalore from morning to night and you will find atleast 50(playing safe and sure one can find a lot more) cars parked illegally. 50x50=2500 x 30=75000 a month . I will buy an Activa in my first months income and start roaming(hunting I mean) and probably quit my current job if I can make a lot more.

On a serious note this a good move, though I think it would be very difficult to implement.

Last edited by PrideRed : 21st November 2017 at 13:10.
PrideRed is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:13   #3
BHPian

Its good to make a statements like these...but if there is no system to implement these things then it is of no use, just publicity
aerohit is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:14   #4
BHPian

Sounds good. Who takes that 50 aside, we will have less misuse of driving space if this works.

India has lot to correct as far as road and driving manners are concerned. Obeying traffic rules, honking, organised pavements, organised parking, lane change manners etc. are among the major ones. If parking becomes less of a problem due to anonymous monitoring then it is definitely welcome
mudhasir is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But what if 10 people take photos of an illegally parked car? First come, first served or Rs. 50 shared between those 10 persons?
Wow. I think this my have just preponed my retirement.

I am sure it must be first come first serve, but they need to maintain transparency on who sent a pic first, else it will backfire. I can easily spot 50+ cars and other vehicles park haphazardly in my vicinity. Even if I spot 5 unique cars a day, that is a cool Rs. 250 a day.

Don't even have to go out of my way, I will just mount four good quality dashcams facing all directions in my car. Reviewing the footage would definitely lead to some illegally parked cars.
blackwasp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Why just limit to parking? Spot any traffic offence, report it and earn points!
Sebring is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:20   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Click pics of illegally parked cars, get rewarded
But this is India - not a developed 10-lakh people country. Seems lime they are not able to find any such illegally parked cars?

Before coming up with these kind of Utopian ideas, just make sure the authorities are doing their duty. Let them just roam through the cities and they can see any number of wrongly parked vehicles and traffic / speed violations. Also, what about the traffic block created just by broken roads? What about the stupid "bottle neck" roads?

Also as you mentioned, if 10 people are sending the image of one car to different authorities and if all 10 try to grab the money, think of the headache these authorities will get. And think about the privacy, if the parked car is occupied with passengers.

Agree that the violation of rules has to be caught, but there are more practical ways than this. Just my opinion.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st November 2017 at 13:27.
romeomidhun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:29   #8
BHPian

Frankly, why does one need to be paid to identify offenders. Uploading a pictue and providing info should suffice the law enforcement do their job. Rewards such as this would only give one more avenue for corruption.
swissknife is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I will buy an Activa in my first months income and start roaming(hunting I mean) and probably quit my current job if I can make a lot more.
One step further, I'll get a drone to cover more area/cars. One more advantage is there is no location constraint. You can work anywhere in India and earn a good money. Let me stop all retirement savings plan.
Latheesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Frankly, why does one need to be paid to identify offenders. Uploading a pictue and providing info should suffice the law enforcement do their job. Rewards such as this would only give one more avenue for corruption.
Money makes wonder my mate. We people have become lazy, lets admit it. Unless there is a motivation we just won't do it. Unless you have enemity with illegally parked car owner, you won't update the traffic police. 50 rupees is the motivation here and probably once people get used to doing this, Govt. will reduce it 10Rs/Nil .
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 13:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Money makes wonder my mate. We people have become lazy, lets admit it. Unless there is a motivation we just won't do it.
Bangalore Traffic Police has an Android app called PUBLIC EYE. You can take photos or video of offender and post online. You can report all types of traffic violations and the Traffic Police will apparently take action - as long as the number plate is visible.

Take picture of illegally-parked car, earn 50 bucks-publiceye.jpg

You don't get paid though
SmartCat is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 14:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a coincidence? Just this morning I was thinking about something called BILLION EYES (mine was too SciFi probably the after effect of watching too many movies ) to bring down crime rates. Idea being, instead of installing CCTV everywhere, implant a chip on to volunteers (or employed) & when they blink their eyes in certain way the video recording streams to their mobile phone & loads the raw video to cloud.

Anyway, good initiative, atleast now govt is realizing that they cannot rely completely on police & they need to be in govt-public partnership to bring down offence & that way keeping the witness anonymous as well
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 14:30   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore Traffic Police has an Android app called PUBLIC EYE. You can take photos or video of offender and post online. You can report all types of traffic violations and the Traffic Police will apparently take action - as long as the number plate is visible.

Attachment 1698056

You don't get paid though
Such data should be filtered by machines and not humans else mostly why such things fail & people lose interest to volunteer is because when you send photographs of Police Department & other Government employees & politicians violation, they never get fined.

Is Public Eye app successful? Any idea?
bikerzindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 14:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Why not include 2-wheelers and 3-wheelers ? Aren't those vehicles parked illegally too ?

This scheme looks and sounds nice on paper but lacks logic in my view. There has to be some clause like repeat offenders will get heftier fines and the person taking picture should be getting 10% of that fine.

How to define illegally parked if "parking" places aren't well defined ? In the city I reside, not all places are marked "Parking" or "No-Parking". Sometimes, building/house owners put "no Parking" boards that are illegal. In absence of such marked "Parking" zones, how can one decide illegal parking.

I park my car in front of my house, is that illegal ? Or legal ? Call me a critic, but this scheme is uncalled for. I understand that many cars are parked in haphazard way or blocks traffic irrationally creating chaos on the roads.

Wrong side driving is even bigger menace, how about similar rule in that direction ? Click a picture where vehicle is driven on wrong side, get 10% of fine.
aaggoswami is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 15:02   #15
BHPian

A simple question.
If 10 people click the picture of the same car in the similar time span and at the same location, how many times will the owner be fined?

If only once, how would the govt know that the car is parked in the same spot?
Especially in the instance, different people taking pictures from different angles.

In case the govt plans to fine the owner multiple times, it will be unfair on the owner part.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks