Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 07:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Sad to hear about your accident LC, it is especially depressing when it happens while trying to save the very person who caused the accident. I am glad you were wearing seat belt and got off without much injury.

You know what, all responsible car drivers go to heaven for the number of bikers/cyclists they have saved. And you even suffered an accident to save an unknown biker. Did he even stop and thank you or help you?
Old 12th December 2006, 08:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
. Did he even stop and thank you or help you?
Holy C***.... Thats a nasty one... what happened to the biker??
did you not beat the s*** out of him....

Godfather
Old 12th December 2006, 08:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
And you even suffered an accident to save an unknown biker. Did he even stop and thank you or help you?
I am not sure whether that guy was around, because nothing particularly about the bike or the person has registered in my mind to verify if he was around. After I hit the median I thought the car is going to land on the other side of the median and cause disaster. But it hit the wall on the same side of the road. I was in shock and terribly upset. It took about a minute at least to collect my thoughts and come out of the car to see what happened. Once I saw the rear of the car and the broken wheel i was even more upset and did not look around for the biker or anyone.But as far as i saw the road was empty and no one was around. Then few bikers came from the same side from where I was coming and stopped to enquire me.

One guy was a local body member (member of council) and was particularly helpful (ofcourse for a fee. It cost Rs.3000 to tow the car back to chennai and about Rs.1500 as tips and other expenses). He was an ICICI insurance agent too incidentally. So he could gather some information on what needs to be done. ICICI said no need to get FIR from police. I was relieved very much hearing that.

It is a lengthy answer, but to your question, i am not sure if the biker was around.
Old 12th December 2006, 08:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I. ICICI said no need to get FIR from police. I was relieved very much hearing that.

Hmmm Thats odd... I thought if you have to claim insurance then a FIR is necessary...

Godfather
Old 12th December 2006, 08:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Holy C***.... Thats a nasty one... what happened to the biker??
did you not beat the s*** out of him....
That is not really a good idea. I am sure that's what Sidhu and his friend tried to do in 1988, but one punch in the wrong place can complicate things way beyond your control.
Old 12th December 2006, 08:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about this.

Regarding the front end - please ensure that the car is put on an algnemnt machine for a check up. The chassis rails may be distorted slightly. Nothing to worry as these items can be replaced /formed back into shape.
Old 12th December 2006, 08:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is not really a good idea. I am sure that's what Sidhu and his friend tried to do in 1988, but one punch in the wrong place can complicate things way beyond your control.

Yeah True... That was plain anger at that time...Maybe i should start meditation or something... After a few incidents...that have happened...i lose my cool very fast.....

Godfather
Old 12th December 2006, 09:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey my friend ... thanx god that you were saved and scratchless... that accident which you met is very bad and scary man....i just hope you take more precautions next time while driving fast.. take good care.SEAT BELTS ON was a good safety.

__________________________________________________ ___________
1998 City 1.3,2001 Ikon EXI 1.3,2003 Maruti Omni,2005 Accent GLS,2006 Accord 2.4 i-vtec,2006 Merc c-Class
Old 12th December 2006, 09:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sorry to hear about this.

Regarding the front end - please ensure that the car is put on an algnemnt machine for a check up. The chassis rails may be distorted slightly. Nothing to worry as these items can be replaced /formed back into shape.
Thanks ajmat. I shall emphasize on this.
Old 12th December 2006, 09:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the accident. But it is sad to notice that no one has pointed out that you were trying to overtake a vehicle from the left side at 120kmph. On a four lane highway. What were you thinking. I am not blaming you entirely but being a Team-BHPian you should know better. Get well soon and hope not too much damage on the car.
Old 12th December 2006, 09:49   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I was speeding at around 120kmph

a big kick on my back for not buying a car with ABS.
LandCruiser, sorry to hear about your accident and good to know you had no major injuries. I appreciate your honesty.
Old 12th December 2006, 10:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the accident,hopefully you have gone to the doctor by now and got yourself checked up.

The fiesta has done its job well ,you hit solid concrete at good speed and apart from keeping you real safe it too does not look in a very bad condition.

Now apart from the biker,who switched lanes without using his mirrors[if it was there in the first place],the slow car hogging the speed lane[the right most lane] is to be equally blamed.On our indian highways you come across so many such instances where people dont switch to the left lane for letting other cars overtake safely.We have to put ourselves in a very dangerous position and overtake such people which can be disastrous at times.When will these drivers learn to let others pass.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:01   #28
Team-BHP Support

Landcruiser, sorry to hear about ur accident.
As far as the car is concerned, though it hurts, it can be repaired, but its good to know that you dint have any major casualities. Get well soon, mate..!

Just something that was niggling me.... how convenient was it that u had an ICICI insurance rep around, and them telling you an FIR was not required??
Old 12th December 2006, 11:11   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Sorry about the accident. But it is sad to notice that no one has pointed out that you were trying to overtake a vehicle from the left side at 120kmph. On a four lane highway. What were you thinking. I am not blaming you entirely but being a Team-BHPian you should know better. Get well soon and hope not too much damage on the car.
Welcome to the indian highways.
I frequently do GT Road, where speed limit is 90kmph. Many times there are these guys going at 60 in the fast lane. If you honk they switch on their left indicator indicating that they wont budge, you go around if you can.
Truckers are the most well behaved lot and will give you way as soon as they see left lane clear.
As for bikes on highways, the less said the better. I have had an exactly same incident like LC. I was doing around 90 in fast lane, a biker from the left lane came to right since he wanted to make right turn at the median. I hit the brakes, but could not stop in time, and hit the biker at real low speed. No injuries the guy was just shaken up, and since he was badly drunk/on drugs he did not feel any pain too.
Luckily for me a Patrol vehicle behind me had seen everything so villagers did not try to be oversmart. They sent me on saying they will take care of the idiot.
If you are a frequent highway driver in India, your luck will run out one day or other. Its LCs luck that he escaped the law of averages with minor injuries.
There are many who collide with tractors etc., coming the wrong way.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:17   #30
BANNED

Good to know you're alright LC. Don't worry, your baby will be back on the road soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks