Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 15:00   #91
BHPian

Some pictures taken last year when the car was fine using EOS 350D and canon A95..

Flickr: Photos from landcruiser77

That is all the updates that I have for this week end! Uhh spent lot of time in posting the pics! :-)

Last edited by LandCruiser : 25th February 2007 at 15:14.
Old 25th February 2007, 21:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

I am so sorry to read this post, but its common any company in India is like this inlcuding every service station or you name any shopping mall.

Few customers get cheated like this by careless work. Few customers will be happy because they are lucky or they don't realize as long as things move forward!

I can see similar issues with my family member's Santro after he got his car repaired when it met with minor accident. Huge gaps every where although the replaced entire 2 doors, many many things..

I argued 2 times with BIMAL Auto agency (including their CEO) when I realized they didn't fit accessroies right and did bad 1st service and when they didn't attend to my problems... Immediately I had posted my experience with them in many many websites and emailed lakhs of people all over india using my contact. I used to show all managers @BIMAL (copy to CEO as well) and CC to Maruti as well when every single person used to change his mind and baught non maruti cars instead of buying swift or other maruti cars and few customers purchased maruti cars avoiding BIMAL.

I had challenged them to show something to them without using legal formalities because every one know how corrupt and how bad rules we have in India and if we start filing comlaint or consumer court it will waste our time too much, I have done it within 10 months.

Loss to BIMAL and Maruti had come around 7 lacs!! At least 8 people responded to my word and based on my advise they have baught non Maruti cars and aprox. 5 guys avoided BIMAL and baught maruti cars in other show rooms.

I might have spent few thousands RS. and lost 20% deppreciation on Swift to make BIMAL/Maruti a loss of 7 lacs but I am happy that I am the judge and I am the customer!

I taught them a lesson in just 10 months and they invited me to meet in person and appologized!

Then I sold my Swift to my employee for the price he is extremely happy to grab it!

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 25th February 2007 at 21:04.
Old 25th February 2007, 21:20   #93
BHPian

a job done well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Few customers get cheated like this by careless work. Few customers will be happy because they are lucky or they don't realize as long as things move forward!

I might have spent few thousands RS. and lost 20% deppreciation on Swift to make BIMAL/Maruti a loss of 7 lacs but I am happy that I am the judge and I am the customer!

Regards,

Ravi.
Good one Ravi. Unfortunately some people do not realize their responsibilities unless their pockets are hit. That is what you had done. This will continue to happen unless our governments wake up and pass legislation to protect consumers.
Old 25th February 2007, 22:06   #94
BHPian

Hi LC,
Any pic of under the hood at the time of accident? The Bills had more parts damaged in or around the engine bay. So I was curious as to how it looked under the bonnet.
Rohit
EDIT:- Also for a 1.6 ltrs Engine 3000 RPM is too high for 100 KM/H speed (in 5th gear). Please get your doubt cleared. I am sure 2500 RPM at that speed is fine

Last edited by rohitbagai : 25th February 2007 at 22:10.
Old 25th February 2007, 22:32   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Hi LC,
Any pic of under the hood at the time of accident? The Bills had more parts damaged in or around the engine bay. So I was curious as to how it looked under the bonnet.
The damage was underneath the engine bay. I couldn't get a picture of that myself. But sure ICICI Lombard guys have taken some. I will try to get it from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Hi LC,
Rohit
EDIT:- Also for a 1.6 ltrs Engine 3000 RPM is too high for 100 KM/H speed (in 5th gear). Please get your doubt cleared. I am sure 2500 RPM at that speed is fine
Verified with fellow TBHPians and also personally in another test car. They are all fine except mine.
Old 26th February 2007, 13:28   #96
Team-BHP Support

@LandCruiser : Despite recieving ur mail, was only able to have a look at the snaps today. As mentioned, the panel gaps really seem huge, and the one on the front with your finger pointing out the gap really shows how inefficient they were during the repair process.

Pity that the Ford customer service also yielded no returns. As i had mailed you even before, have u tried to arrange a meeting with the Ford people at their office? Might be real difficult, but still worth a try.
Old 26th February 2007, 14:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

LC, just checked the pics and the gaps are pretty noticeable.
I wouldnt agree on such workmanship, luckily my car was neatly done by RNS.Hope they listen to your complaints and do something about it.Goodluck.
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:39   #98
BHPian

After writing 2 emails to Ford India there was some action. They sent their regional service manager to meet up. I met him and the GM of MPL ford, 2 service managers.

The issues were discussed. The RSM had a test drive with me and noted down the issues. One thing that he didn't agree with me is about the extra noise from the engine (more clatter) and the RPM issue. He said the RPM difference will be there between different cars.

I was not very convinced about this but now it seems like I don't have an option. For the rest of the problems he said they will fix it anytime that I can leave the car with them.

He also mentioned that after accident it is difficult to bring the car back to perfection as it came out from the assembly line. It is indirectly saying that some issues cannot be fixed.

Am getting somewhat philosophical. :-(
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

LC, having seen the pictures, I agree that the workshop has done a very shoddy job.

You really shouldn't let them get away with this...........assembly line or no, accidents can happen & dents need to be fixed to a perfection. Especially when the car itself is fairly new.
Old 22nd January 2008, 05:06   #100
BHPian

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your accident which happnd few months ago. Please give feedback on how satisfactory the repair job was. My 3 month old fiesta crashed and i was advised that the entire body shell needs to be replaced. I settled for a total loss. Just wondering if that was a right decision.
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

LC about your RPM issue it could be possible that the tachometer is out of callibration too right after the shunt?have u thought about this possiblity?
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

There cannot be RPM difference between the different cars of the same model, everything else bieng identical, unless there is some problem with the clutch or as humyum said, with the meter istelf. They are trying to pull a fast one on u.

Most Viewed