Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 19:01   #16
BHPian

Re: My experience: Registering a new vehicle at a Kerala RTO without agents

This is is my first post in the forum.
On last Friday, I did registration of my new Nexon XZ+ Peterol at Thodupuzha RTO , Kerala, without the help of any agents. The entire process was pretty smooth and inspection took hardly 1 minute. The dealer had given me all the sale related documents and forms and additionally I had to put my address proof and PAN card copies. Inspector checked chassis number, engine number plus my original aadhar card. The process completed by 10 am and I saw the number updated in Parivahan website by 12 PM.
I was initially skeptical of going without an agent and this thread inspired me to give a try (Also the Rs 800 fee quoted by an agent I initially approached !). So a big Thanks to Team-bhp and BigBrad for this thread!.

Bonus : In the inspection line, the car in front of me was also a Nexon, that to same variant and color as mine. So in the brief time waiting for Vehicle inspector, we were able to compare notes between 2 fellow new owners .
mathewspaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 16:39   #17

Tried this in Kollam RTO. Didn't work I had to go through the agent route.
Old 27th August 2020, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Is it true that the RTO doesn't accept the DD anymore?
I got my vehicle TR done and had to get it registered at my hometown. I got to know that the dealer has to make e-payment in the RTO portal and upload the documents. There the RTO can be chosen.
Now I need to run behind my dealer to make the road tax payment for me through their portal access.
Old 10th November 2020, 14:30   #19

Just got my new car registered from Kollam RTO. I had prebooked a vehicle number and the RTO just verified my ID Proof and engine/chassis number. I could see a few having trouble since they had some papers/postal cover missing which should ideally have been made available by the dealer. It hardly took 5 minutes for the entire process and I ve been asked to check the website in the evening to get the updated status.
Old 19th November 2020, 00:43   #20

This thread was helpful in getting the relevant information for the rto process at Calicut rto.
What I did:
Took etoken for permanent registation. I did at the counter in civil station rto.
Went to the testing ground at the allotted time with all the documents mentioned in the attached image.
Rto checked the bonnet and chassis number and asked for copy of pan card too.
Also keep the envelope and 42 rs stamp paper.
Very easy process and also no need to unnecessarily pay 850 for agent.
Attached Thumbnails
My experience: Registering a new vehicle at a Kerala RTO without agents-img_20201117_101051__01.jpg  

R2_d2 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks