Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 19:23   #76
BHPian

Re: 30,000 Kilometers. 3 Years. No Flat Tyre. When did you have your first?

I seem to have a puncture every 2 weeks or so.

Please tell us what tyres your car came with, and/or what kind of witchcraft you practice.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 19:29   #77
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly I never had a puncture running so far after 60k kms of driving, but twice had flat tyre issue and not a puncture due to faulty fitting of neck by the tyre installer when I had changed tyres on my Accent from tube type to tubeless. Now I carry 4 necks in my car always after realising it is not available always with puncture shop guys.

Last edited by deehunk : 10th June 2013 at 19:32.
Old 10th June 2013, 19:47   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

In my Etios my first puncture was at 10,000 kms. Now its at 22,300 in between i had another 3 punctures. I drive in and around Kolkata. To be honest i do a lot of bad stretches too like driving in North Bengal or in the interiors or Orissa.
Old 10th June 2013, 21:25   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
I am wondering if it's only me or there are others too.

I am driving My April 2010 Ford Fiesta Zxi on stock tyres and tubes. I am yet to touch or take out the Jack from the belly of the car. In fact, I got paranoid one night an year after buying the car and came all the way down to my parking and popped the trunk to see if they did give me a jack along with the car.

The Fiesta has done close to 30000 kilometers. Has been driven on all kinds of roads. From Himanchal to Uttranchal to the deadly stretch between Gwalior and Jhansi (many a times). And those who have driven on this road, must know that there isn't even a road. And has been driven with varying load, most of the time me solo to fully packed (5 adults and 2 kids) all the way to Lakhamandal (about 100 kilometers further away from Mussorie).

AND STILL NO FLAT TYRE..not even once. It is not even a tubeless tyre.Not saying that they do not get punctured.

So I thought let me check with fellow BHPians, are there others too or am I the extremely lucky one. Go ahead, tell us, when did you have your first flat tyre after buying a car?
You must be practising some black magic My SX4 had done 32K Kms spanning mostly highway and city commute and I have had at least 4 punctures so far! That is one on each tyre as I remember. Very optimum distribution, I would say! And since I have TPMS installed on 4 tyres, the spare never came out. I did not face any problems, thanks to tubeless tyres. for once i did not realize the puncture was existing for almost 15 days and i did not cure it. And it doesn't know what puncture is! Funny isn't it?
Old 11th June 2013, 07:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

I've had one puncture in 42k kms, unfortunately a sidewall puncture, so that tyre is in the boot since then.
Old 11th June 2013, 07:30   #81
BHPian

Our previous car , the Ford Fusion[2008] was also tough as nails . But when its Vulcanized Rubber vs. nails , the latter will probably win most times ! Had the First puncture at about 25k on the Odo . Not bad i must say , it has been driven on all kinda roads , just like your fiesta novice ! We would all like to know your secret on keeping the car puncture-less for so long !
I would say you have been very lucky with your tires !
Old 11th June 2013, 08:53   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
I am driving My April 2010 Ford Fiesta Zxi on stock tyres and tubes. It is not even a tubeless tyre.Not saying that they do not get punctured.
Are you sure about the Fiesta not having tubeless tyres coz my Fiesta 2009 one had tubeless tyres as stock.

Good that you dont have any punctures, keep it up. Do a touchwood before your luck runs out.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

I had my first puncture when my tire had done 62k kms. That too due to a big nail.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:42   #84
Senior - BHPian

Just had two punctures in about 50000 KMs on my Xylo. I am happy about it as I drive in rural roads most of the time. Its stock tyres,; Bridgestone Dueler AT.

Accent CRDI gave us lot of trouble while running on Apollo Amazers which I discused earlier in other threads. Replaced with Falcons, had sweet run for about 2 years and about 20000kms with absolutely no punctures at all. Now with Bridgestone Turanza on it, not faced major issues though got puctured twice in past 1 year and may be around 6000kms.

Ran my Palio on Bridgestone S322 all its life and I recollect only 1 or 2 flat tyres in my 3+ years of ownership.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

At just 5k on the second set, upsized 185/70 XM2 on my Punto. The Tornado OEM was probably better in that department. The culprit was a metal spike-like thing, posted a pic on the XM2 thread.
Old 11th June 2013, 13:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

My car completes 4 years and 17500 KM with nil punctures! Running on stock MRF tyres with tube. Before this I had a pre-owned Sipani Dolphin during the mid 90's for three years / 12,000 KM, which ran on re-treaded tyres. Same story there as well!

Come to think of it, in more than 25 years and 225000 KM of riding over four different bikes, I have had a total of about 6 punctures overall!

I usually can see a nail and avoid it while driving / riding, and no body believes me when I say that! But it is true!
Old 11th June 2013, 14:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Seems like I am an exception here - though it is my bike. Got my first puncture barely days after I took delivery – a nail which tore my tube. IIRC, the bike was less than a week old at that time and had run only few hundreds of kilometers.
Old 11th June 2013, 14:46   #88
BHPian

My brand new alto had a puncture on the day it came home (less than 50 kms on odo). There may be very few (or none) with such unwanted first.
Old 11th June 2013, 14:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
My car completes 4 years and 17500 KM with nil punctures! Running on stock MRF tyres with tube. Before this I had a pre-owned Sipani Dolphin during the mid 90's for three years / 12,000 KM, which ran on re-treaded tyres. Same story there as well!

Come to think of it, in more than 25 years and 225000 KM of riding over four different bikes, I have had a total of about 6 punctures overall!

I usually can see a nail and avoid it while driving / riding, and no body believes me when I say that! But it is true!
That is unbelievable Gansan. Tyre workshops in your locality would eye on you if they see this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Seems like I am an exception here - though it is my bike. Got my first puncture barely days after I took delivery – a nail which tore my tube. IIRC, the bike was less than a week old at that time and had run only few hundreds of kilometers.
Thats really sad. And with bike, we have no choice but bring some Tyre wallah or take the wheels to them which makes it a difficult task.

Dad's Alto 1.1 VXi ran on MRF radials for all this long and heard only one instance of flat tyre but then he drives very less miles and predominantly on good roads.
Old 11th June 2013, 14:52   #90
Senior - BHPian

My first and only puncture so far came at 3900km on my Punto. The tire had impact damage and a crack on the sidewall, after going through some horrible roads. Since then, that tire is sitting in the boot. I've covered 31K after that incident with no tire issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks