Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th May 2018, 18:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi section of India's first 14-lane expressway inaugurated

Hello Everyone,
I have a quick question, I am planning a trip to Manali with couple of my friends and I will be starting from Moradabad. Last time we went to Manali we took Moradabad-Delhi-Sonipat. Now we are planing to take Eastern Peripheral Expressway from Dasna and bypass Delhi. So I want to Know that is the route from Dasna operational?
Singh09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 12:01   #17
BHPian

https://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...RMiQsqIKO.html

Such is the sorry state of affairs with our big projects. No learning taken by authorities in planning a smooth transition for people. Serious lack of Scientific road engineering in implementation is about to stay for years to come.

Last edited by varunswnt : 14th June 2018 at 12:05.
varunswnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 01:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Background of EPE and the Alignment
I took EPE from Duhai to Palwal (and onward to Manesar and Gurgaon) this Monday, just to try it out. I can summarize my experience as :

Good :
  1. Legal Speed Limit : 120kmph
  2. Reasonable Toll Charges : Rs. 145 (from Duhai to Palwal)
  3. At Palwal, seemless integration with KMP Highway (Kundali-Manesar-Palwal) giving direct connect to Delhi-Jaipur Highway. (In coming time, KMP will cross Delhi-Rohtak Highway and further join Eastern Peripheral ExpressWay at Kundali, completing the ring around Delhi).
  4. Constructed at higher level from surroundings, reducing chances on people trying to jump on/off the main deck (but people will find their ways)
Not so Good (as on date) :
  1. Only main deck completed, work still going on ancillaries.
  2. Need to be careful of lane blockages due to ongoing work.
  3. Many construction vehicles driving on wrong side.
  4. FASTag not yet accepted for Tolls (only cash payment)
  5. No Fuel stations/ Restaurants
Bad :
  1. No entry/ exit on Delhi-Agra Yamuna ExpressWay (may be because this one is privately owned ??). But this is a key missing link, considering there are entry and exits for much smaller roads/ areas on the Eastern Peripheral ExpressWay.
  2. Driving sense of users (this is a constant across all roads in India)

Below is my dashcam video of the drive. PS: The video is fast forwarded at 5x. Now, it gives feel of driving at 450kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Such is the sorry state of affairs with our big projects. No learning taken by authorities in planning a smooth transition for people. Serious lack of Scientific road engineering in implementation is about to stay for years to come.
To some extent I do agree with your feelings, however IMHO, in this case it was important to throw open the main highway as early as possible considering the traffic and pollution situation in NCR. Yes, there are lot many things that need to be completed, but you can trust me when I say that the expressway is ready and we just need bit of care while driving on it (for the reasons mentioned above).
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 10:08   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems that vandals are at it. Removing solar panels, removing lights, etc. I wonder whether they have also done in the loos (if any).
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote