Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 18:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Delhi section of India's first 14-lane expressway inaugurated

Hello Everyone,
I have a quick question, I am planning a trip to Manali with couple of my friends and I will be starting from Moradabad. Last time we went to Manali we took Moradabad-Delhi-Sonipat. Now we are planing to take Eastern Peripheral Expressway from Dasna and bypass Delhi. So I want to Know that is the route from Dasna operational?
Old 14th June 2018, 12:01   #17
BHPian

https://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...RMiQsqIKO.html

Such is the sorry state of affairs with our big projects. No learning taken by authorities in planning a smooth transition for people. Serious lack of Scientific road engineering in implementation is about to stay for years to come.

Last edited by varunswnt : 14th June 2018 at 12:05.
Old 1st July 2018, 01:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Background of EPE and the Alignment
I took EPE from Duhai to Palwal (and onward to Manesar and Gurgaon) this Monday, just to try it out. I can summarize my experience as :

Good :
  1. Legal Speed Limit : 120kmph
  2. Reasonable Toll Charges : Rs. 145 (from Duhai to Palwal)
  3. At Palwal, seemless integration with KMP Highway (Kundali-Manesar-Palwal) giving direct connect to Delhi-Jaipur Highway. (In coming time, KMP will cross Delhi-Rohtak Highway and further join Eastern Peripheral ExpressWay at Kundali, completing the ring around Delhi).
  4. Constructed at higher level from surroundings, reducing chances on people trying to jump on/off the main deck (but people will find their ways)
Not so Good (as on date) :
  1. Only main deck completed, work still going on ancillaries.
  2. Need to be careful of lane blockages due to ongoing work.
  3. Many construction vehicles driving on wrong side.
  4. FASTag not yet accepted for Tolls (only cash payment)
  5. No Fuel stations/ Restaurants
Bad :
  1. No entry/ exit on Delhi-Agra Yamuna ExpressWay (may be because this one is privately owned ??). But this is a key missing link, considering there are entry and exits for much smaller roads/ areas on the Eastern Peripheral ExpressWay.
  2. Driving sense of users (this is a constant across all roads in India)

Below is my dashcam video of the drive. PS: The video is fast forwarded at 5x. Now, it gives feel of driving at 450kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Such is the sorry state of affairs with our big projects. No learning taken by authorities in planning a smooth transition for people. Serious lack of Scientific road engineering in implementation is about to stay for years to come.
To some extent I do agree with your feelings, however IMHO, in this case it was important to throw open the main highway as early as possible considering the traffic and pollution situation in NCR. Yes, there are lot many things that need to be completed, but you can trust me when I say that the expressway is ready and we just need bit of care while driving on it (for the reasons mentioned above).
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 10:08   #19
BANNED

It seems that vandals are at it. Removing solar panels, removing lights, etc. I wonder whether they have also done in the loos (if any).
Old 25th September 2018, 11:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Route question:
Can one get on to the EPE from Noida/Gzb side? The route shows a cloverleaf after Shiv Nadar University.
And does it make sense to take this or go through Delhi for heading out towards Chandigarh?
Old 25th September 2018, 17:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Route question:
Can one get on to the EPE from Noida/Gzb side? The route shows a cloverleaf after Shiv Nadar University.
And does it make sense to take this or go through Delhi for heading out towards Chandigarh?
There is a entry/exit point at Duhai. I always prefer EPE when returning to Delhi from Chandigarh side, I stay in Indirapuram and I take EPE-Raj Nagar extension route.

However, when traveling towards Chandigarh we stick to mukarba route. It depends on the time of day mostly.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 12:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
However, when traveling towards Chandigarh we stick to mukarba route. It depends on the time of day mostly.
You refer to the time of the day as the reason to go via Mukarba chowk when going to Chandigarh. Is it that early mornings are unsafe (security concerns) going via Eastern Peripheral Expressway? Or is this simply a preference?
Old 4th December 2018, 00:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
You refer to the time of the day as the reason to go via Mukarba chowk when going to Chandigarh. Is it that early mornings are unsafe (security concerns) going via Eastern Peripheral Expressway? Or is this simply a preference?
Due to less traffic in the early hours of the day. Traffic is the deciding factor between the 2 routes.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 21:58   #24
BHPian

I took the Western Peripheral Expressway from Rai (Sonipat) to Bahadurghad. Paid 85 Rs toll and got home after travelling 100 kms instead of 61. I had some time to spare and it was day time so could try the road.

Fastag is not active yet and will get active by 1 January as per the toll booth guy. The road is tar road and is highly uneven and at 2 places at least there are big holes on the right most lane.

Now the expressway was all fun as it was not crowded with few trucks in between, the real torture after entering Delhi was to cross Najafgarh with its infamous traffic. I ended up travelling for 3 hours instead of 2.10 as initially projected by Gmaps.
This road can be useful for Dwarka and Najafgarh only to go towards Karnal and North and from Gurgaon from the next entry at Badli.
Old 6th June 2019, 14:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Bad :
  1. No entry/ exit on Delhi-Agra Yamuna ExpressWay (may be because this one is privately owned ??). But this is a key missing link, considering there are entry and exits for much smaller roads/ areas on the Eastern Peripheral ExpressWay.
YEIDA plans cloverleaf interchange to connect EPE with Yamuna Expressway

Source : Times of India
Quote:
The proposal was approved in YEIDA’s 65th board meeting held on May 30.

While tender for the Rs 84 crore project was floated by YEIDA on May 30, it would be awarded in August. After that, it would take 18 months to complete the project.

It will have four loops and eight ramps where the loops will provide access to Yamuna Expressway and EPE and the ramps will provide access to Yamuna City and Yamuna Expressway. It will have two entry-exit points.

Delhi section of India's first 14-lane expressway inaugurated-69640970.jpg
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 18:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

It’s now open for trials. Travelled in the morning and from my home in Gurgaon it took me One hour and Fifteen minutes. Started at 545 and at 7 Am I was at intersection of old bypass in Meerut. ( Opp. Toyota showroom)

In fact road to Haridwar is also breeze. Roorkee bypass is also operational.

Even with one short breakfast break at a new super yummy restaurant- Chakra, I was crossing Rishikesh at 945.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st March 2021 at 18:58.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 19:07   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

This is really good planning even with the obvious/apparent flaws in the current setup. For comparison, Mumbai city lacks such an outer ring road - anyone traveling from Pune and heading up north (GJ, RJ) and looking to bypass Mumbai city will tell you what a pain it is to get from east of outer Mumbai to north of outer Mumbai.

Does any of the current or planned metro lines cut across the EPE at any point(s)?
Old 31st March 2021, 19:44   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It’s now open for trials..
Dear Turbanator

Thanks for the information. So, if I move ahead of Sarai Kale Khan on NH-24, do I need to take any turn somewhere, or its directly heading towards Meerut itself? I mean, people were telling that some section of EPE also requires to be covered in between. Is it?

It has been a long time since I have been to Gurugram, yesterday night I drove from Meerut to Dehradun, and had a heart in the mouth experience outside Manglaur, thanks to a Ritz driver, who was driving pedal to metal and was too fast to switch the sides on a diversion. Manglaur to Roorkee byepass section has the traffic moving on one side only.

If anyone is heading towards Dehradun, or even Haridwar, you can also take the upper Ganga Canal road from Muradnagar to Manglaur (For Dehradun, just take the Dehradun highway, only 20 bucks toll on this one, compared to Muzaffarnagar-Dehradun stretch which has 175 rupees toll, not VFM at all), or even Bahadrabad outside Haridwar, and skip all the tolls on the way and save a cool 25 kms too - that's my early morning route, and it has never disappointed me, other than a small 2 kms bumpy patch. It is also a well built 2 lane road now, good to travel leisurely at 60-80 kph, less traffic, nice views around, and no tolls to stop you time and again!

Last edited by VKumar : 31st March 2021 at 19:45.
Old 31st March 2021, 19:54   #29
Team-BHP Support

Yes, continue straight. For Hapur/ Moradabad, you have to take an exit to left. Yes, it passes over EPE. I completely forgot if there’s an interchange. There was one midway, I think that was for Modinagar though. Roorkee bypass, it’s operational both sides and it’s a breeze. Thanks to fast tag and morning time, absolutely no wait at Tolls.

Haridwar, even during Kumbh mela is very nicely managed and gets a main road leading to Rishikesh and then service road for local traffic. Amazing arrangements if I may say.

I forgot to mention, UK has again started doing COVID tests randomly at the border, everyone is made to stop and do some documentation and then go for tests. I was carrying Negative report due to requirements of my resort so managed to convince the duty officer to pass me through barricade.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st March 2021 at 19:59.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 20:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, continue straight. For Hapur/ Moradabad, you have to take an exit to left. Yes, it passes over EPE. I completely forgot if there’s an interchange. There was one midway, I think that was for Modinagar though. Roorkee bypass, it’s operational both sides and it’s a breeze. Thanks to fast tag and morning time, absolutely no wait at Tolls.

Haridwar, even during Kumbh mela is very nicely managed and gets a main road leading to Rishikesh and then service road for local traffic. Amazing arrangements if I may say.

I forgot to mention, UK has again started doing COVID tests randomly at the border, everyone is made to stop and do some documentation and then go for tests. I was carrying Negative report due to requirements of my resort so managed to convince the duty officer to pass me through barricade.
Hello sir,

I have to go to Jim Corbett from Gurgaon. Can I use this road?
What will be the route?

Regards
Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks