Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 11:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

That's interesting !! I never knew we could rent cars so easily and cheap in Goa. Last time I was in Goa at the Marriott !!

I rented a Camry from the Hotel with driver and was charged 3 k for the entire day ( more than 180 kms of touring ).

But if we can get cars that we can drive ourselves ( 800, Alto ) for around 1k - Nothing like it !!
Old 13th October 2007, 11:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its without a doubt full fun hiring car in Goa, very easily available, check with your hotel desk, for two people, two wheelers can also be a good option
Old 30th July 2008, 18:24   #18
BHPian

4x4/jeep for rent in goa?

Anyone have contacts from who i can rent a Jeep for a day...it can be a gypsy as well...I plan on going on a tour of goa...me and 3 others.
Old 30th July 2008, 19:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldfurtado View Post
Anyone have contacts from who i can rent a Jeep for a day...it can be a gypsy as well...I plan on going on a tour of goa...me and 3 others.
do you really need a 4 X 4 Jeep ? Will a car such as Santro do @ approx 600 INR a day ?You can check with Peter Gomes on 9822588305.
Speaking Konkani will help. He knows little English and no Hindi.
And DO NOT take the Maruti Van even if offered to you.
Also his accent you can get confused between Zen and Van. So be careful.
Old 30th July 2008, 20:57   #20
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Well i speak konkani...i am from goa...i plan on going to places like molem and cotigao and rural areas...more like a adventure trip...i have a car in goa...but im looking for a jeep as obviously a car wont be able to go offroad...not serious offroading but still...

I would not mind buying a jeep...im not in goa nemore but i do go down every xmas...and i knw prices get blown out of proportion during that time...so hence someone who is willing to give a jeep on hire for say 2000 Rs a day is what i look for...last time around i got a Scorpio for 2000 for a day...but the guys sold his scorpio and does only car rentals so im just looking to see if anyone has contacts or sources...

Last edited by GTO : 31st July 2008 at 14:22.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:07   #21
BHPian

i am travelling too from the 13th to the 15th of August... Guys can you post a self drive gypsy king / swift car provider in Goa.. thanx a ton...
Old 31st July 2008, 15:32   #22
BHPian

I just returned from my Goa trip of 3 days. Rented a Maruti Zen (Rs 800 /Day) , Pulsar 150 (Rs 300 /Day), Bullet Electra 5s (Rs 400 /Say) and my friend rented an Avenger (Rs 350 /Day). All the deals went smooth without any jhols.. Some contact info

Raja - 09423312318 ( really decent guy i rented tha Zen from him) Panjim Town
Had to deposite Rs 1000 and 1 Orignal ID Proof ( PAN Card) as a security. and ofcourse you have to pay the Rent in Advance.

Smile & Dial : Jeeten - 09923481092 ( Rented the bikes from him.) he even offered me a Open Roof Gypsy for Rs900 /Day ,a Scorpia for Rs 1500 /Day & Swift for Rs 1200/Day . He is located close to Calangute Beach

One suggestion what ever you book, book it for one day and give One day rent in advance, later when ever you want you can extend it.

Have fun guys, and be safe in the water.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
I just returned from my Goa trip of 3 days. Rented a Maruti Zen (Rs 800 /Day) , Pulsar 150 (Rs 300 /Day), Bullet Electra 5s (Rs 400 /Say) and my friend rented an Avenger (Rs 350 /Day). All the deals went smooth without any jhols.. Some contact info

Raja - 09423312318 ( really decent guy i rented tha Zen from him) Panjim Town
Had to deposite Rs 1000 and 1 Orignal ID Proof ( PAN Card) as a security. and ofcourse you have to pay the Rent in Advance.

Smile & Dial : Jeeten - 09923481092 ( Rented the bikes from him.) he even offered me a Open Roof Gypsy for Rs900 /Day ,a Scorpia for Rs 1500 /Day & Swift for Rs 1200/Day . He is located close to Calangute Beach

One suggestion what ever you book, book it for one day and give One day rent in advance, later when ever you want you can extend it.

Have fun guys, and be safe in the water.
thanx dude. really helpful.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:30   #24
BHPian

Self Drive rental in Delhi

a few of us are planning to grab a quick week long holiday in either Kashmir or Uttaranchal for a week around end-November

We are planning to leave Chennai on a balmy November afternoon, hit delhi.. party for an evening in the nippy weather and leave for the chosen destination the next morning

The final destination is yet to be decided upon (Kashmir or Uttaranchal) but we would need a self driven car (perhaps an ikon , maybe a corolla, but a sedan preferably as thats what I am used to)

Are there any reasonable self drive rentals available in delhi where I can expect to have a hassle free experience
I'd really prefer to avoid tagging a driver along for a week long vacation
Old 12th October 2008, 00:41   #25
Team-BHP Support

I think Hertz cars might offer this, though might be slightly expensive.
Old 26th October 2008, 12:17   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
a few of us are planning to grab a quick week long holiday in either Kashmir or Uttaranchal for a week around end-November

We are planning to leave Chennai on a balmy November afternoon, hit delhi.. party for an evening in the nippy weather and leave for the chosen destination the next morning

The final destination is yet to be decided upon (Kashmir or Uttaranchal) but we would need a self driven car (perhaps an ikon , maybe a corolla, but a sedan preferably as thats what I am used to)

Are there any reasonable self drive rentals available in delhi where I can expect to have a hassle free experience
I'd really prefer to avoid tagging a driver along for a week long vacation
Delhi doesn't have self drive options anymore, not in the organized market, all the rental agencies push you to take a chauffeured car, they claim the car's safety is maintained...
Old 18th December 2008, 14:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Just thought i'd add this guys number over here :

Munna (i think he also runs some sort of travel agency type thing). Located right at the main stretch of Calangute.

During mid-season you can get a softtop Gypsy for Rs 1100 a day or less (depending on season, length of rental, and ofcourse - your bargaining skills ).

+91 94 22642128 (I cant remember if this is his cell or office).

cya
R
Old 19th October 2010, 14:09   #28

Hey guys,

I will be staying in Goa near Benaulim beach. The above numbers are from north goa, while I will be in south goa. Does anyone have any south goa car rental numbers?

P.S.: This being my first visit, do let me know of the places I "must" visit
Old 19th October 2010, 16:31   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of years back with help of a team-bhpian ( Rohan from Goa) hired a souped up Maruti Zen for Rs.800 a day for 4 days

However, i recommend against hiring a car. Bikes are much more fun in Goa.
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:43   #30
BHPian

Yes, I agree, bikes are fun, but the family does not like them! Back in April this year, I had rented a Yamaha (not sure of the make... it's been long since I touched a bike). I dont have the contact number, but it was a guy running a grocery store adjacent to "O" Hotel & Resort, near Fort Aguada.
I am also off to Goa tomorrow
This time, strict instructions from the wife - only car, and AC! I called Joey's car rental (Goa Car Rental - Contact Joey's Car Rental in Goa.). They have a Santro for Rs. 1000 a day.

Most Viewed