Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2006, 16:50   #1
BANNED

Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?

Hi Guys,

Am looking for a self drive car in GOA from the 19th - 26th of January 2007. If any of the GOA members has some contacts would be appreciated. We would be a total of 5 adults and 2 children so ideally looking for either a Sumo/Scorpio/Innova.

Anybody with some leads please PM me or call me directly on 9821421948.

Viper
Old 26th December 2006, 17:27   #2
elf
BANNED

You can go to Vailankinni Car Rentals - it's right next to the Candolim Football Ground. They're the biggest in North Goa & have a range of vehicles. Don't have numbers, only rough address, sorry.

Last edited by elf : 26th December 2006 at 17:28.
Old 26th December 2006, 17:34   #3
BANNED

Are you making up names again @ Elf?
Been at the Whackie Tabaccie eh?
Old 26th December 2006, 20:28   #4
BANNED

viper, Where r u staying in Goa ... Im most probably flying into Goa on the 25th Jan and will be staying at Vagator . As for rentals , why dont u call Rallystar and ask him -- Im sure he can arrange something .

Im gonna be renting a jeep .. Willys !!
Old 27th December 2006, 08:53   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
viper, Where r u staying in Goa ... Im most probably flying into Goa on the 25th Jan and will be staying at Vagator . As for rentals , why dont u call Rallystar and ask him -- Im sure he can arrange something .

Hi Khaadu,

Will be staying in South Goa at the Mahindra Resort. Can you PM/sms me Rallystar's number. I would not mind a jeep as well but nothing open top and as long as it can seat 7 people.

Viper
Old 27th December 2006, 09:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post

I did that when I was in Goa this summer. I feel its a lot more fun than hiring a closed car like a Qualis or a Scropio We got an open jeep for around 500-700 a day. Im not too sure about the price but the condition of the jeep wasnt too good and broke down a couple of times. they also have gypsys. I got the car from a place that usually rents out activas. thogh it was in North and not South Goa.
Old 27th December 2006, 10:06   #7
BHPian

Viper, renting a self driven car wouldnt be a problem, as they are available in plenty. i was there in club mahindra resort during the month september during the monsoon and it was pretty good.

We also thought of taking a self driven car, but looking at the nature of roads, we felt we would be spending most of our time looking for directions, so took a fiat with driver.

Try to contact:

They have qualis and scorpio

Albert Fernandes
9423315692(m)
9823980976(r)....thats what his business card says.

Albert is brother of Francis Fernandes (our driver and guide during the trip) and got this number from him.
Old 27th December 2006, 11:48   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
We also thought of taking a self driven car, but looking at the nature of roads, we felt we would be spending most of our time looking for directions, so took a fiat with driver.

Hi,

thanks for the concern. I know my way around Goa so will not have those problems.

Viper
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:51   #9
BHPian

Need Self Drive Car in Goa

Hi Fellas,

Im travellin to Goa on the 5th of October till the 12th with my wife. Looking for someone who can rent me his ride for the week for a reasonable amount. I'm a safe driver (9 years experience) and would take care of your ride. Im looking at a self drive car ony for the convenience it offers as compared to a regular taxi. Fuel would be mine. Please let me know asap. Mail me at udit_bhandari@rediffmail.com
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:28   #10
Team-BHP Support

Renegade,

I bet it is super easy to find a self-drive car in goa itself, (as opposed to asking a TBHPian for a car... but no harm in asking i suppose..)

cya
R
Old 4th October 2007, 09:51   #11
Team-BHP Support

ReNaGade,

You can easily rent a gypsy / jeep for about 1k per day in Goa at this time of the year. I feel thats a safer bet than any team-bhpian renting his car .
Old 4th October 2007, 10:02   #12
BHPian

Probably a better option is to rent a taxi with driver for the day (if you are moving around a lot). Plenty of out-of-work tourist taxis as the season kicks off after the 15th October officially.
Rent-a-car rates are not cheap, and the hassle of driving in a strange land is best left to the locals.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:50   #13
BHPian

Anyone knows how much it costs to rent a car for a month in Hyderabad?
Old 12th October 2007, 12:31   #14

goa rent a car thrives around the Panjim post office, one can see a few honda's etc parked on the road in front of the post office. Haggle a bit, but take atleast 1 additional identity proof that you need to give these guys when you take the keys.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:59   #15
BHPian

If you're staying in Baga / Calangute there's an old guy who hangs around outside Ronil Beach Resort. He's got all kinds of cars, bikes, Gypsies etc. If you're taking it for a whole week you should bargain and get a decent rate too. I paid 700 bucks for an AC 800 for 1 day (1st week of Sept.) I was surprised to find the car is pretty good condition, even the window washer tank had been filled!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks