Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2018, 15:15   #1
BHPian

Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics

Hello folks,

This post is regarding the experience I had with movers and packers during my shift from Kolkata to Bangalore. GATI and Kuber Logistic

GATI

It was in the month of May that we had started the process to shift out of Kolkata and move to Bangalore for work. We decided to take the services of GATI for shifting household stuff and also included the Enfield when we found their quote was reasonable. Our previous experience with GATI for previous movements was satisfactory. They packed each item very neatly and set it off from Kolkata in order to reach Bangalore at a suitable time. They delivered as promised, in 4-5 days.
The only downside was that they perhaps used the side stand on the Enfield and loaded a whole lot of things over it or clamped it really tight during the movement. End result: The side stand clamp and stand itself needed replacement. The household stuff was safe and secure.

A few days before we were going to start our drive to Bangalore in our Thar, we decided to get the Ikon moved through a transport company. We had already finalised on an extra car park at our place to stay in Bangalore. We made a few calls and finalised on Kuber Logistic for the only reason that they were the cheapest and taking slightly more time to transport the vehicle. We were not in a hurry to receive the car so we went by Kuber.

Kuber Logistic

Initial checks
We had finalised it over call that the damages and insurance would be from the company's side and the cost for the transportation would be 10k. Two guys from the company came to take the care. While making the consignment note, they asked if we wanted insurance from their side which would cost 1500 extra. This gave me an irritation as they were not being true to their word. This extra cost would make it almost equal to the other movers and I thus decided to cancel the consignment. They immediately agreed to insure it free of charge, the policy number and other details would be filled by them later on, as they said. I had my doubts right sine that moment and just wished my car would be back to me all safe.

Car condition note:

Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180630_133944.jpg

Consignment number and others:

Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180630_133951.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180630_133959.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180630_145536.jpg

Pictures of the car as I said good bye to her. The parts marked are the ones in the car condition note that they made.

Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180616_152253.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180616_152300.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180616_152306.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180616_152316.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180616_152325.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180616_152329.jpg

They promised delivery in 8 days while others were offering 5 to 8 days. I got the car after 12 days. From 16th June to 28th June. I was asked to pay for petrol that needed to be filled to drive it to my house in Bangalore which was an estimated 500 - 600 bucks. I was surprised since I gave it at the half tank mark which had 150 kms of drive on it. According to the guy who took the car, they would need around 10 litres of fuel to drive it 40-50 kms from my house in Kolkata to the loading station and around the same from the unloading bay in Bangalore to my place there. On speaking to the person who was to deliver my car to our house, I learnt that it was already driven 134 kms. Another 40-50 kms for the drive in Bangalore and a total of 180+ kms. A deviation of more than half the estimated distance.

Condition of the car on receiving it, 7AM 28th June:

Assuming this was due to their fastening system
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180628_064317.jpg
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180628_064324.jpg

Rats at their parking?
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180628_064534.jpg

Scratches while driving
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180628_064345.jpg

Being aggressive on the lock!!
Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics-20180628_064756.jpg

I straight away refused to pay the petrol amount and asked the driver to speak to the head office. I spoke to him as well and he asked to driver to leave without receiving payment perhaps. I spoke to the head office personnel again and he asked me to speak to the person in Kolkata who was in charge to receive my car, for compensation. I spoke and shared the snaps as he asked me to. Since the evening of that day and till this moment, there has been no revert from him, he has also started ignoring my texts and calls. I have also shot an email to the company but do not expect a response.

Damages may occur during transportation, I maybe the unlucky one. But not compensating for the same and ignoring your customers, hiding from resolution was something that I did not like. I hence thought it would be good to spread the word among us Bhpians and therefore not use Kuber Logistic services to move your vehicles at least.

I later also checked for reviews on Facebook and found this, not like they care.

Name:  Kuber1.png
Views: 2538
Size:  81.1 KB
Name:  kuber2.png
Views: 2529
Size:  95.9 KB

Please share this if you would like others not to deal with unprofessional souls.
navsjab is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Poor transportation experience of my Ikon through Kuber Logistics

Damn, sorry to hear about your experience. Just wondering if there was more severe damage - would it be covered by the car's insurance policy or that of the transport company's?

Some related threads:

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

There's rarely ever a happy ending when vehicles are transported, no matter who the transporter is, and no matter how expensive it is.

I'd used Agarwal to transport my car back in 2010 for 18k. It was delivered to me with a repainted hood, cheap aftermarket RHS headlight and a non-functional ICE head unit. Oh, and no insurance they said since my car already had an insurance policy.

So, just accept it and get it fixed. There's no winning with these guys.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:09   #4
BHPian

I know it is entirely on the need of the hour, however when we all know that while transporting may not be the best choice every time, an alternate would be to embark on a road trip which would be fun and a good break while relocating ! and no damages to the car.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:40   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If it was a car, I'd drive it when shifting. If a bike, and I did not have the time to do a safe, leisurely ride to wherever, I'd use Indian Railways.

I've transported my bike both through private agencies and through the Railways and both time the private agencies damaged the bike and delivered late, and both times IR delivered the bike on time and with no damage.

Booking through IR is certainly more of hassle, but I find it's the better option.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
We made a few calls and finalised on Kuber Logistic for the only reason that they were the cheapest and taking slightly more time to transport the vehicle. We were not in a hurry to receive the car so we went by Kuber.
So sorry to hear about this. Please don't let them off easily. If you want to pursue this, file complaint with a consumer forum after getting no response / them denying claims on email / letter.

Also, you could settle it with them on basis of you not filing a complaint against them. When Agarwal packers damaged some stuff on transit (mostly glass stuff), we were provided a cheque for the value declared at the time of packing. This took about a week after we received our consignment.

3 major shifts across the country and 2-3 same city ones have taught us that don't send anything that you would hate to lose via these packers and movers. You are better of sending high value stuff via Fedex for that peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Damn, sorry to hear about your experience. Just wondering if there was more severe damage - would it be covered by the car's insurance policy or that of the transport company's?
The transporter's insurance is generally taken on consignment basis or as a lumpsum policy by the transporter. Small time movers usually opt for consignment basis while the larger ones have a policy that covers their whole operations.

Incase they don't come through, I'm sure the OP could claim his car insurance as that covers transit damage. Generally though, you can get insurance for whatever amount you declare your car for ~ though you can't have absurd values, e.g. a Punto declared for 1.00 Cr. as an example.

Last edited by blackwasp : 2nd July 2018 at 13:22.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There's rarely ever a happy ending when vehicles are transported, no matter who the transporter is, and no matter how expensive it is.

I'd used Agarwal to transport my car back in 2010 for 18k. It was delivered to me with a repainted hood, cheap aftermarket RHS headlight and a non-functional ICE head unit. Oh, and no insurance they said since my car already had an insurance policy.

It is this "Chalta hai" attitude that fuels this incompetence of these kind of people.
I am glad OP started this thread.
Doge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:57   #8
BHPian

Extremely pained to see the condition of your car when you received it at Bangalore. Knowing how much you love your rides, this would have been a real shocker.

I was really lucky when I transported my bike from Mangalore to Satna (Madhya Pradesh), way back in 1994 through IR. Not a scratch. The bike was in the parcel van in the same train as I travelled. Trans shipment had to happen at Palaghat, where I was worried of damages that could happen when loading and unloading, but to my delight, the coolies (railway staff) took decent care. Subsequently I used IR to ship the bike from Satna to Gandhidham followed by Gandhidham Baroda and then Baroda to Delhi. I must admit, I have been really lucky with IR.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 08:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes, I checked with my car insurance company for any special insurance I need to take for the car in-transit. They confirmed that there would not be any special insurance but the existing insurance I had would be enough for any major damages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
While this is true, I am not happy setting back myself. update in the next post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I know it is entirely on the need of the hour, however when we all know that while transporting may not be the best choice every time, an alternate would be to embark on a road trip which would be fun and a good break while relocating ! and no damages to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
If it was a car, I'd drive it when shifting. If a bike, and I did not have the time to do a safe, leisurely ride to wherever, I'd use Indian Railways.

I've transported my bike both through private agencies and through the Railways and both time the private agencies damaged the bike and delivered late, and both times IR delivered the bike on time and with no damage.

Booking through IR is certainly more of hassle, but I find it's the better option.
I did that for our Thar. It was a lovely drive. Spending another 2.5 days with 50% more price on the fuel compared to the movers was a tough bet for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
So sorry to hear about this. Please don't let them off easily. If you want to pursue this, file complaint with a consumer forum after getting no response / them denying claims on email / letter.

Incase they don't come through, I'm sure the OP could claim his car insurance as that covers transit damage. Generally though, you can get insurance for whatever amount you declare your car for ~ though you can't have absurd values, e.g. a Punto declared for 1.00 Cr. as an example.
Thank you for the encouragement

Yes, the car insurance would pay for major damages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
It is this "Chalta hai" attitude that fuels this incompetence of these kind of people.
I am glad OP started this thread.
Thanks Doge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Extremely pained to see the condition of your car when you received it at Bangalore. Knowing how much you love your rides, this would have been a real shocker.

I was really lucky when I transported my bike from Mangalore to Satna (Madhya Pradesh), way back in 1994 through IR. Not a scratch. The bike was in the parcel van in the same train as I travelled. Trans shipment had to happen at Palaghat, where I was worried of damages that could happen when loading and unloading, but to my delight, the coolies (railway staff) took decent care. Subsequently I used IR to ship the bike from Satna to Gandhidham followed by Gandhidham Baroda and then Baroda to Delhi. I must admit, I have been really lucky with IR.
Yes, seems like IR is the most reliable. Are they used for cars as well? I have read it to be a first preference for 2 wheeler.

Last edited by navsjab : 14th July 2018 at 08:44.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 08:39   #10
BHPian

Rajkumar, from Kuber Logistic Kolkata actually received my calls for 4 days after this post went live, to convince me to take it down. Apparently their sales have suffered due to the post and shares. He agreed to compensate, talk to his company office and what not so that I would take this post down.

I agreed to update this post with his compensation amount and other details but he has again got back to what he really is/company really is: Dishonest talkers. Sharing two audio files of our conversation in the zip

In the first he discussed all issues and agreed to compensate.

In the second he got me connected to another person, who apparently was some middle man in the whole scene. Lots of discussion but only sharing the portion where he spoke business. The compensation amount from both parties were discussed and the call back never came again, today being the 9th day after the attached discussion. Seems like this needs more shares
Attached Files
File Type: zip KuberFraudTalks.zip (6.71 MB, 88 views)

Last edited by navsjab : 14th July 2018 at 08:58.
navsjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 11:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Rajkumar, from Kuber Logistic Kolkata actually received my calls for 4 days after this post went live, to convince me to take it down. Apparently their sales have suffered due to the post and shares. He agreed to compensate, talk to his company office and what not so that I would take this post down.

I agreed to update this post with his compensation amount and other details but he has again got back to what he really is/company really is: Dishonest talkers. Sharing two audio files of our conversation in the zip

In the first he discussed all issues and agreed to compensate.

In the second he got me connected to another person, who apparently was some middle man in the whole scene. Lots of discussion but only sharing the portion where he spoke business. The compensation amount from both parties were discussed and the call back never came again, today being the 9th day after the attached discussion. Seems like this needs more shares
Keep up the pressure. Also requesting fellow Bhpians who maybe members of other forums to share Navtej's experience so that this information spreads far and wide.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 11:06   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why is it so difficult for these companies to understand the basics of turning a bad customer experience into a good one?! It's not rocket science. own up to your mistake, communicate with the customer and compensate the customer. Simple!

Why spend so much effort trying to get the customer to take down the report of a genuine bad experience? Spend that time and effort correcting it!

Last edited by am1m : 16th July 2018 at 11:07.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 23:55   #13
BHPian

Such a horrifying experience! I have transported my car Kolkata-Bangalore multiple times. No complaints whatsoever. Do let me know if you need any help. Generally the movers , especially the smaller ones give an option for insuring your goods through their own insurance. Did you opt for that?
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 06:19   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
. Generally the movers , especially the smaller ones give an option for insuring your goods through their own insurance. Did you opt for that?
Answer here, in the first post:

Quote:
Kuber Logistic

Initial checks
We had finalised it over call that the damages and insurance would be from the company's side and the cost for the transportation would be 10k. Two guys from the company came to take the care. While making the consignment note, they asked if we wanted insurance from their side which would cost 1500 extra. This gave me an irritation as they were not being true to their word. This extra cost would make it almost equal to the other movers and I thus decided to cancel the consignment. They immediately agreed to insure it free of charge, the policy number and other details would be filled by them later on, as they said. I had my doubts right sine that moment and just wished my car would be back to me all safe.
Kinda explains the complacency. However, i would believe even if he paid for this, it would still be hard to claim any damages off them.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 11:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Such a horrifying experience! I have transported my car Kolkata-Bangalore multiple times. No complaints whatsoever. Do let me know if you need any help. Generally the movers , especially the smaller ones give an option for insuring your goods through their own insurance. Did you opt for that?
Yup, benbsb29 already pointed it out. I will surely get in touch with you for the contact of the other movers if I relocate again. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
However, i would believe even if he paid for this, it would still be hard to claim any damages off them.
Absolutely correct. Moreover, you would notice that the company guys have marked themselves responsible for the goods, in one of the images shared. By their attitude and responses I am so sure that if I paid the 1500, that would be extra money said bye bye to. Or in the best scenario I would be returned just that amount.

Last edited by navsjab : 24th July 2018 at 11:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks