Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 18:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New theft in town - Door lock sensors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is there anything that doesn't get stolen in India ? We've probably been the only country where 20 rupee monograms are stolen - related thread. I've even had 10 rupee tyre valve caps flicked .
You missed out on ORVM thefts! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...rs-beware.html. Antennas, spare wheel covers, window beadings, wiper blades, head units... All that is fair game considering even kidneys get stolen!!!

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 4th August 2018 at 18:06.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 10:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well, I wonder what would they do with the stolen upper caps of door sensors? I highly doubt it to be theft. I believe that’s either done out of jealousy or an empty mind with a devils ideas could’ve done it - yeah, I’ve seen those guys who are just empty minded but want to vandalize whatever comes in their way. I do agree the monograms were stolen as I was a victim of it not once or twice but multiple times when Bajaj had introduced 3D monograms back in 2007 with Pulsar 220 range. Thieves used to steal and resell it in the outside market! Dayaaammmm!!

I’m not sure what they’ll do with the sensor caps? Or is it that easy to flick the sensor inside?

I believe the explicit sensor buttons are now going to be a history since manufacturers like Ford, with the new eco sport have launched request sensors hidden inside the handle which senses the request as soon as the hand is placed with fob with the requestor (don’t recall the name for this term) - that should address the concerns of theft! But people like us who already have an explicit button, god save us!

Last edited by gururajrv : 18th August 2018 at 10:52.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 15:02   #18
BHPian

Rubber theft.

When I was in school we had a theft in neighborhood. Guess what was stolen ?

They had a Maruti 800 2nd Generation. Only air filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks