Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2018, 22:40   #76
BHPian

Re: High Court wants separate toll booth lanes for VIPs & Judges

I remember a few years ago reading an article where it took 23 years for a couple who had filed for divorce to get the divorce finalized. 23 years! No, I'm not making this up. I read it in 2012 or 2013, but I don't remember if it was sessions or high court.

I strongly believe they should look at the value they add and then demand for more privileges.

Why are 90% of babus and netas so arrogant and think that they are above the rest? How can they speak for the common man unless they don't go through the plight of common man?

Like Kunal Kamra said in one of his stand-ups, there is no shortage of content in this country.

Last edited by voyageur : 1st September 2018 at 22:40. Reason: typo
voyageur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 23:42   #77
BHPian

"Judges should be given free toll pass" - Judges!

Jokes apart, tell me the name of one judge in the country who has to pass an NHAI toll on the way to work!! If there was any credible reason behind the "Judge"ment, I wouldn't have bothered posting here!

The judiciary was the only system which was not supposed to be taking the public for granted, but that notion too looks like it has gone down the drain!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:10   #78
BHPian

I feel, a VIP lane needs to be constructed, in every toll plaza, all around the country.
A VIP lane is not to be misunderstood as a lane for the VIP's, rather an emergency lane. In busy toll plazas, we've all seen crowding even in the fas-tag lanes let alone other lanes, wouldn't it be great to have an emergency lane(provided the vehicle has fas-tag), where the toll would be twice the regular toll and the vehicle doesn't have to stop at all.
In fact, all the VIP's and Judges should mandatorily have fas-tag in their official and private vehicles and be limited to using the emergency lane only. Problem Solved.
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:21   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonubbsr View Post
where the toll would be twice the regular toll and the vehicle doesn't have to stop at all.
In fact, all the VIP's and Judges should mandatorily have fas-tag in their official and private vehicles and be limited to using the emergency lane only. Problem Solved.
You do know who will be paying for these tags for the esteemed officials, don't you?
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 13:47   #80
BHPian

What is a realistic next step in such a case? Can an appeal be filed by the GoI or an activist in the SC to rule against the lower court?
Old 3rd September 2018, 13:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
What is a realistic next step in such a case? Can an appeal be filed by the GoI or an activist in the SC to rule against the lower court?
Check this post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
NHAI to challenge this order.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:41   #82
BHPian

Time to bring NJAC! Get rid of the lawyers turned judges.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:49   #83
BANNED

I will suggest do away with all exceptions. Everyone goes through the same gates and pays the same toll. They can claim it back later. Only, Ambulances and cops on duty can be exempted.

Let the President also pay.
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:47   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will suggest do away with all exceptions. Everyone goes through the same gates and pays the same toll. They can claim it back later. Only, Ambulances and cops on duty can be exempted.

Let the President also pay.
Knowing govt paperwork procedures, this would mean a phenomenal amount of avoidable paperwork for all the claims.

Issuance of fast tags to all those who come under the exempt category is a better way ahead.
Old 4th September 2018, 15:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
They have asked for a separate tool booth lanes. And there is no mention of fee for the separate toll.

NHAI should agree to build this with 200% to 400% more toll fee at every toll booth. Nothing comes for free

And entry to these VIPs and judges to normal Toll booth (Built for common people) should be banned
Old 4th September 2018, 15:53   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
They have asked for a separate tool booth lanes. And there is no mention of fee for the separate toll.

NHAI should agree to build this with 200% to 400% more toll fee at every toll booth. Nothing comes for free
If you read their judgement, they have also expressed how humiliating it is to have to produce their ID card. Presumably to have toll waived off. So, not only do they expect not to be charged, they don't even want to wait with commoners in the queue.

They want the cake, the cherry, then eat both and throw the seed at mango people. Oh, and all that for free.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 16:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If you read their judgement, they have also expressed how humiliating it is to have to produce their ID card. Presumably to have toll waived off.

Hats off to the toll guys for dealing so professionally with people having pilot gypsies, tinted glasses and sheer arrogance. This reminds me of life of MLA's after beacons were removed. (Reference - Indian Express)

They could have simply asked for fastag to be installed on all official cars and the scanners to be in working condition throughout the country. It could have saved grace of the chair.

Last edited by batish : 4th September 2018 at 16:08. Reason: Added link
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 09:22   #88
BHPian

Guys! There's something interesting I found out.

Quote:
The dignitaries and vehicles exempted as per rule 11 of the National Highways Fee (Determination of Rates and Collection) Rules, 2008 as amended is enclosed as given below:-

“11. Exemption from payment of fee. - (1) No fee shall be levied and collected from a mechanical Vehicle

(a) transporting and accompanying–

(i) the President of India;
(ii) the Vice-President of India;
(xv) the Chief Justice of a High Court;

(xvi) the Judge of a High Court;
They are already exempt from paying any toll whether travelling on duty or off duty. (Link: PIB)

The only reason I can think of is because the red/blue beacons have been banned and now they have to wait in queue with common people and show ID Card at toll booth to get exemption from paying.

I guess they were not aware of Fastag, so came up with this philosphy of separate lane.
Old 5th September 2018, 10:16   #89
Senior - BHPian

I think its not about paying. They just dont want to wait and be with common people in the same lanes. A separate lane for such esteemed people will anyway be empty and they can zoom past. Its like the first class in flights.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 23:59   #90
BHPian

No worries! I say give them not just dedicated lanes but helicopters to travel but I only hope that when they reach their offices and homes early they use that saved time and energy thinking and doing something about the common man and not drinking tea and gossiping in the cafeteria.

Most Viewed