Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2018, 19:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Kerala: Man booked for overspeeding on a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
They are just conning public out here.

ps: My car is a Kerala registered one. At least the police doesn't show any partiality, they catch everyone.
Definitely a con job. Maybe they have targets to meet too.

A relief to know they are not partial, but then again if they have targets, they can't be choosy.

Mumbai has done better in terms of installing cameras in the city limits, while I'm yet to see the effect (lesser rule breakers), at least the spot challan and chai-paani has come down.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 20:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kerala: Man booked for overspeeding on a bicycle

This is ridiculous. I would still understand if it was a high end cycle costing lakhs which is capable of doing decent speeds. It’s a daily wage earner with a basic cycle. Also how did they measure the speed. Also how will a cyclist know what speed they are going on. So does that mean that we need to have speedometers on the cycle now. Different class of vehicles have different speed limits. What is the speed limit of a cycle and where is it displayed. And if the SI really wanted to teach a lesson he should have the guts to mention that it is a cycle. This is a clear case of meeting targets. Good that an investigation showed that he was guilty and was reprimanded.
Just because a law is not there does not mean you can tailor other laws for your benefit.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 16th October 2018 at 20:51.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed