Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2018, 08:15   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Getting plum job offers from Bangalore, but worried about moving there because of traffic. Now w

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Did you make up your mind?
I've scouted areas in Hosur. I have lots of family there.

If there's some opportunity that can work out with me staying in Hosur, I'm 100% open to it. I have one ongoing interview process for a Bangalore opportunity but don't know how it'll go because IMO it's a nice role but the pay hike seems low.

So yeah, my on and off romance with B'lore continues...
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 12:14   #107
BHPian

Re: Getting plum job offers from Bangalore, but worried about moving there because of traffic. Now w

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I've scouted areas in Hosur. I have lots of family there.

If there's some opportunity that can work out with me staying in Hosur,

E-City & Sarjapur have lots of companies that should suit you (commute wise).

All the best for your quest.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 16:20   #108
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Since I'm not able to find any thread related to House on Rent, Not sure whether this is the right thread to post regarding my query.

My wife office recently shifted to Manyata Tech Park and my office is located at Domlur. As of now, I'm located in Indiranagar. But recently after some discussions and keeping the commute and traffic scenarios in mind, we decided to shift nearer to my wife's office that is Manyata Tech Park and I zeroed on at Horamavu/Banaswadi area.

Does anyone know which are the good societies or area to live in and around Horamavu or Banaswadi. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 3rd January 2019, 17:00   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
we decided to shift nearer to my wife's office that is Manyata Tech Park and I zeroed on at Horamavu/Banaswadi area.
I stay in this part of Bangalore. I suggest that you check for house/flats in Jakkur or Telecom Layout. The back gate of Manyata is just 10 mins from here, and this area is relatively less crowded compared to Horamavu and Banaswadi. Even the rent rate is cheaper compared to Horamavu and Banaswadi.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:56   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know which are the good societies or area to live in and around Horamavu or Banaswadi. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Karle Zenith is next door to Manyata, Infact we share a common wall. I've been living here for the past 6 months. The apartment is well built with excellent facilities. Do look at the place.
Old 3rd January 2019, 20:15   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I stay in this part of Bangalore. I suggest that you check for house/flats in Jakkur or Telecom Layout. The back gate of Manyata is just 10 mins from here, and this area is relatively less crowded compared to Horamavu and Banaswadi. Even the rent rate is cheaper compared to Horamavu and Banaswadi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Karle Zenith is next door to Manyata, Infact we share a common wall. I've been living here for the past 6 months. The apartment is well built with excellent facilities. Do look at the place.
Thanks for the suggestion guys.
The only reason I don't want to shift to Jakkur side is that it would be a long run to my office situated in Domlur.
If I would have to shift next to Manyata, then I will surely consider Karle Zenith as an option.
Old 4th January 2019, 06:54   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I zeroed on at Horamavu/Banaswadi area.

don't pick the mid point, it is not the optimal one. Your criteria should be :

1. Both should avoid ORR
2. use MTP back gate instead of front gate

Given #2, you should clearly stay outside of the ring (ORR)
Given #1, you should just cross across ORR to get to Indira Nagar using a bridge to avoid ORR totally except to cross it

Both Thanisandra and hennur roads i think will offer back gate access and allow you get to Indira Nagar using banaswadi, kasturi Nagar, bayappanahalli roads. I am just guessing here but don't select a midpoint instead avoid ORR and front gate.
Old 16th December 2020, 16:47   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been 2 years since this thread was opened up by GTO for me. I've received a lot of feedback from fellow members since then to not keep a closed mind about shifting to Bangalore for work. I had already nixed many of my chances unfortunately by that point in time and I eventually stopped looking out for a job change...

And in any case a lot has changed since then. My salary has gone up ~40% in these intervening 2 years in the same organization and role; call me lucky, but I came to have a very fair and nurturing new BU head who returned from California and settled here in Chennai in this intervening period. He recognized me for what I've done and paid me my dues. But it's not just about the money - it was for a lack of procedural and distributive justice at work that I was unhappy where I have worked all along (for 10+ years now). It's all about one's bosses and I have great bosses going up the hierarchy, for now.

Yet here we are, at a cross-roads for all of mankind. Every major event such as a World War has historically proven in the past to change mankind's lifestyles and choices forever. WW2 revolutionized aviation and brought about safe civil aviation, for instance. This pandemic may likely not be any different; what if we get to work for any employer from anywhere going forward? I may yet get to build my dream home near a cliff in rural Udupi, while working for a Gurgaon-based employer
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 19:41   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
...what if we get to work for any employer from anywhere going forward? I may yet get to build my dream home near a cliff in rural Udupi, while working for a Gurgaon-based employer
Don't count on it. I was hoping so too, but looks like the mindset change is too big for most IT organizations. Some forward-thinking organizations have seen the obvious- if it can be sustained for a year, there's no reason it can't be sustained indefinitely- and have decided to do away with physical offices. But from my conversations with friends across organizations and looking at mine as well, it seems likely that most organizations in Bangalore want to get back to the 'beehive' model asap (thousands of IT worker bees swarming in to IT parks and causing nightmare traffic everyday! )

And if you look at the majority of comments on the 'WFH' thread on the forum, looks like the majority of IT professionals too don't think remote work is feasible either. Quite a pity, but I see myself back in Bellandur traffic jams by this time next year :( So am making the most of this while it lasts!

Last edited by am1m : 16th December 2020 at 19:44.
am1m is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed