Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2018, 12:05   #1
BHPian

Kolkata Traffic Police introduces one-time fine settlement scheme (65% discount)

It the season of discounts and why Kolkata Police should be left behind. They have come up with this innovative one time settlement scheme that gives a discount of 65% on your outstanding traffic challans.

I had 3 challans which were outstanding from 2014 and boy was I glad to be able to pay them out. I couldn't pay them earlier because I never received them in the first place.

The Highlights :

The Traffic Fine Settlement Scheme is valid for cases registered upto 15th November, 2018.

Pay @ 35% of the fine amount and avail 65% discount under the scheme between 01-12-2018 and 14-01-2019.

Pay @ 50% of the fine amount and avail 50% discount under the scheme between 15-01-2019 and 13-02-2019

Payment can be made here
nitishk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata Traffic Police introduces fine settlement scheme

According to a media report, the Kolkata Traffic Police has introduced a 'One Time Traffic Fine Settlement Scheme', giving owners an opportunity to clear pending fines at a discounted rate. The scheme will be implemented in two phases and traffic cases registered up to November 15, 2018 will be eligible for the discount.

Kolkata Traffic Police introduces one-time fine settlement scheme (65% discount)-kolkatapolice.jpg

The first phase of the scheme started on December 1, 2018 and will be operational till January 14, 2018. During this period, the offenders have to pay 35% of the total due, while the remaining 65% is waived. The second phase of the scheme will be operational from January 15, 2019 to February 13, 2019. During this time, 50% of the total due has to be paid, while the remaining 50% is waived.

The fine can be paid online on the official websites of the Kolkata Traffic Police and the Kolkata Police. Offline payment can be made at counters located at 25 traffic guards as well as at Lal Bazar.

It is also reported that the Kolkata Police will take legal action on vehicles with pending fines after this period. A NOC (no case pending) will be made mandatory for transfer of ownership, renewal of insurance certificate and pollution under control (PUC).

Source: Financial Express

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 3rd December 2018 at 15:02.
ChiragM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:18   #3
BHPian

re: Kolkata Traffic Police introduces one-time fine settlement scheme (65% discount)

A very welcome move indeed. Needless to mention, I availed the scheme for disposal of 9 pending cases of Rs.100 each for Rs.315/- paid online. While the discounts are really appreciated, what this scheme more importantly allows is disposal of cases pending in Courts through online payments which were earlier only disposable at the respective Courts. Now settlement of traffic cases at the Courts (in my case 9 cases spanned across 3 Courts) was not at all convenient. Brokers and officials made things really hard. Alternatively, you had to wait for the "Lok-Adalats" which officiated such cases sporadically on specific dates. These were not held very frequently and as a result you had to wrestle with thousand others in agonizing wait. My unpaid cases dated back to 2014-2016 when the system of online citations and payments were not known to most. Hence unpaid cases were transferred to Courts and the owners wouldn't even be aware of the citations in the first place as no papers/challans would be received in post or otherwise. Nowadays, the citations are immediately conveyed through SMS. It wasn't the case few years back.
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 10:52   #4
BHPian

Re: Kolkata Traffic Police introduces one-time fine settlement scheme (65% discount)

This is indeed a nice step. however I have tried twice to pay for my motorcycle and amount is being deducted from my credit card but KTP website is showing error for the same.
I think they have some problem for paying through online.
Can anyone tell me what i can do next for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks