Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 17:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Drivezy to add 10,000 bikes to its vehicle sharing fleet

Bangalore-based vehicle sharing company Drivezy is set to roll out 10,000 bikes on its platform. The bikes will be launched in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mysore, Mangalore and Manipal.

Drivezy to add 10,000 bikes to its vehicle sharing fleet-drivezy-customer-vehicle.jpg

Drivezy allows owners to list their idle cars, motorcycles and scooters on the platform. Customers can rent a vehicle on hourly, daily or monthly basis.

According to the company, 4,000 two-wheelers were added to its fleet in the last one year. 3,000 scooters were added in Bangalore and Hyderabad alone. The company also plans to launch one-way two-wheeler rental service that would enable customers to rent a vehicle from one location and drop it off at any other company location as per their convenience. Drivezy also offers last mile commute service for Hyderabad metro passengers on a 'per minute tariff' basis.

Drivezy to add 10,000 bikes to its vehicle sharing fleet-drivezy-fleet-bikes.jpg

Drivezy was founded in 2015. It currently offers vehicle sharing services in 9 cities. The company recently received US$ 20 million in the form of Series B funding. It has also made a US$ 100 million asset financing deal with Anypay to add 50,000 vehicles to its fleet. Drivezy has partnered with Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI), Oyo and Ola.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th December 2018 at 17:51.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 21:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Drivezy to add 10,000 bikes to its vehicle sharing fleet

I plan to make a transport "online start-up", but since almost all the ideas are taken like cycle renting, motorcycle/scooter cabs, car cabs, auto cabs tempo-for-hire etc.. I could cook up only one sche.. er idea.

Tricycles for hire.. yes! Let's make Kolkata's cheapest means of transport cool and funky again. It can work in multiple ways - whole tricycle for rent where the renter pedals away and can earn or haul himself around while he pays a flat rate on an hourly basis, or a well trained enrolled cycle-wale who'd pay commission per fare/ride with his own tricycle rick. With the emissions norms and pollution going around this may be big, especially if I can round up the pre-existing semi-organized market in Delhi. I can name it Tricshaw.

Only question is which angel investor firm should I go to that can hand me a cheque with so many zeros in it that it'd make my head spin?

Last edited by dark.knight : 13th December 2018 at 21:19.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 14:04   #3
BHPian

Isn't it illegal to rent out your private vehicle?
Car rental companies like Zoom have to have commercial plates and insurance. Wouldn't the same rules apply to two wheelers?
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 14:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Isn't it illegal to rent out your private vehicle?
Car rental companies like Zoom have to have commercial plates and insurance. Wouldn't the same rules apply to two wheelers?
Hi Lobogris

It is illegal to rent out private vehicle, but in case of Drivezy and Metrobikes. These guys have self-drive commercial registrations. If you look closely at the main picture of this article, you would notice that the vehicles have a similar number plate which you see on Zoomcar, Revv etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks