Team-BHP - Customer drives Hyundai i20 display car through the showroom window!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Customer drives Hyundai i20 display car through the showroom window! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/206861-customer-drives-hyundai-i20-display-car-through-showroom-window.html)

Customer drives a Hyundai i20 on display in the showroom, through the glass window and hits two other cars parked outside the showroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMV4X7SqGrY

Related News Article

I always thought that cars in showrooms had the battery disconnected or did not have any fuel in them to start at all. Atleast when I visited none of the cars started at all. Some did not even switch on the electronics signaling that the battery was disconnected. Looks like that is not the case always. This Hyundai showroom has learnt it the hard way for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4547735)
Customer drives a Hyundai i20 on display in the showroom, through the glass window and hits two other cars parked outside the showroom.

Somehow this seems like a deliberate attempt by the customer/driver. Around the 20 second mark, you can see the front wheel struggling slightly to move. Then on the driver gives more gas and the car starts moving slowly for few feet before picking up speed. The employees in the front also seem to standing away, kind of making way for the driver. This is just my hunch, I could be completely wrong here.

Quote:

Hope nobody is injured. But the footage of 2nd camera is just like the scene of a typical movie.. :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 4547758)
Somehow this seems like a deliberate attempt by the customer/driver. Around the 20 second mark, you can see the front wheel struggling slightly to move. Then on the driver gives more gas and the car starts moving slowly for few feet before picking up speed. The employees in the front also seem to standing away, kind of making way for the driver. This is just my hunch, I could be completely wrong here.

Why would someone do this on purpose? At the end, he has to pay for at least most of the damages. He seems to be a 'L board' who probably was trying to impress his family standing there and panicked when the car started moving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4547769)
He seems to be a 'L board' who probably was trying to impress his family standing there and panicked when the car started moving.

Its a "she" by the way :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4547769)
Why would someone do this on purpose? At the end, he has to pay for at least most of the damages. He seems to be a 'L board' who probably was trying to impress his family standing there and panicked when the car started moving.

The car seems to be an automatic. It looks like the lady had one foot on the accelerator and the other on the brake pedal. The car must have been in "D" mode. When it started moving, she panicked and pressed the accelerator pedal instead of the brake.

Rookie drivers who learn driving on a manual car are never taught to change how to work the pedals once they start using an automatic. One foot on each pedal is a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishv1987 (Post 4547792)
The car seems to be an automatic.It looks like the lady had one foot on the accelerator and the other on the brake pedal. The car must have been in "D" mode. When it started moving, she panicked and pressed the accelerator pedal instead of the brake.

How completely screwed do the turn of events need to be for a lady inside a showroom to step on both the pedals inside a display vehicle AND turn on the ignition AND not be warned by people around, all happen at the same time!

To think beyond a deliberate attempt at causing damage, in this situation, is to come to terms with the fact that some living being could be so mentally challenged. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri (Post 4547800)
How completely screwed do the turn of events need to be for a lady inside a showroom to step on both the pedals inside a display vehicle AND turn on the ignition AND not be warned by people around, all happen at the same time!
:

I would blame the keyless systems. The keys might have been nearby and the person must have pressed the Start/Stop button and the rest is history!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 4547812)
I would blame the keyless systems. The keys might have been nearby and the person must have pressed the Start/Stop button and the rest is history!

Not sure that's the case here. Hyundai keyless systems are highly sensitive. The car won't start even if the key is just outside the vehicle. Atleast that's the case in my Creta.

Quote:

She must have just watched "Gone in 60 seconds" and must come for a TD!!:Shockked::uncontrol That was quite an "exit"!

At Dev Bhoomi Hyundai Mandi showroom in Himachal Pradesh, a woman made a huge mistake on the i20 display car and ended up ramming through the glass window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=dMV4X7SqGrY

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/bad-woman-dri...ndai-showroom/

The article mentions that it was a CVT. Maybe the lady considered the second pedal the brake and pressed hard upon it?

Also, is it just me or the airbags didn't deploy at all?

Good to see, nice to hold, once broken considered sold.

That'll be 3 cars ma'am. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 4547898)
ramming through the glass window

Absolute stupidity and inexperience of the driver. There was a similar incident in the Tata showroom in Ahmedabad a year or so ago.

This is one of the main reasons why the showroom folks shouldn't entertain people trying to start the car inside the showroom.

Thankfully all are safe. Could have been worse. When the car came out in a filmy style a lady jumped aside, just in time.

Just imagine if this would have happened from a 1st or 2nd floor! :Frustrati

It was sheer callousness from the showroom's part to keep the key on a display vehicle. In any good showroom with proper safety measures, they do not allow customers to start display vehicles on the floor. Test drive vehicles are meant for that.