Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 10:15   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Massive fire in the parking lot at Aero India 2019 (Bangalore)

Turned on the TV9 channel.

Apparently - 67 cars cannot be identified since the Chassis/Engine numbers are not visible but get this, there are around 100 individuals seeking claims for these cars!

Last edited by ajmat : 8th March 2019 at 15:15.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 10:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Turned on the TV9 channel.

Apparently - 67 cars cannot be identified since the Chassis/Engine numbers are not visible but get this, there are around 100 individuals seeking claims for these cars!
Wouldn't it be easy looking at the shape of the car or even how some structural members look ? Also, I think they can easily find if the owners did book tickets to the airshow.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th March 2019 at 15:15.
Old 8th March 2019, 13:30   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke View Post
What you heard is correct. RTOs are processing the road-tax refunds. Initially the RC cancellation and Road Tax refunds were going the usual way - entangled in the bureaucratic web. Once this has been highlighted to the govt., the RTOs have become really efficient. I am yet to hear from anybody who has got the amount credited, but looks like it is on track
Good to know that the road tax will be refunded. It is a big amount after all and more so in Bangalore where the road tax is super high.
Old 8th March 2019, 15:14   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Wouldn't it be easy looking at the shape of the car or even how some structural members look ? Also, I think they can easily find if the owners did book tickets to the airshow.
The issue is the engine/ Chassis numbers are obliterated. The insurance spokesman said that this might be recoverable with a bit of work (chip away or X-ray the portion is my guess)
Old 10th March 2019, 07:54   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this video on how a car fire can be put off by just cutting oxygen off.

Old 10th March 2019, 14:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I came across this video on how a car fire can be put off by just cutting oxygen off.
In my previous company we had our ERT training and the usual fire drill. Out of my own interest I had joined a one day training program given to our security staff by the Fire Brigade *.

There is some thing known as "Fire Triangle". Draw a triangle, and on its three axis put "Combustible material", "Heat", "Oxygen". You can remove any one of these three elements from the "Fire Triangle" and the fire would die out.

In the example you gave, they are essentially cutting off one element; Oxygen here. In the massive fire at Aero India 2019, I did see many pictures in which there was huge volumes of white foam which was seen in the ground. This meant that the fire brigade had used the "foam" also to suppress fire. A foaming substance is mixed with water and thrown at high pressure to the items on fire. The foam would cut off oxygen, and the water would bring down the heat; that would suppress the fire quickly.

During this training what I realised is that the Fire & Rescue Services approach every instance of a fire in a methodical way. Understand their expertise and give support for their approach, things may be more manageable. How much every rich or mighty a person is; he/she will not try to teach a surgeon on how to do a surgery. But every one has plenty of advises for Police men (and security personnel in general).

* This training was never meant to be for the usual white collar staff like many of us.
Old 10th March 2019, 18:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

https://Youtu.be/wU5pelgbSsw
It must be a special material blanket, non-combustible. By the time one can procure it, of that large a size, it'd have burnt completely!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks