Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 08:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Weird things you've seen people do while driving

On a lighter note, this is what Mr.Bean does (I cannot embed a video with start time, so please see from 3:35) :

Old 5th March 2019, 10:15   #32

Many drivers in b'lore have this bad habit of washing there windscreen in signals or during movement, this causes water to spill on the fellow riders nearby.
harsha8253 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 10:17   #33
BHPian

Well, the girls driving cars wearing arm sleeves (have seen a few times in CHD).
We do need protection against elements (and cars provide that), but going to that level !! Takes all kind of people to make this world
Old 5th March 2019, 10:37   #34
BHPian

How about people driving with a child sitting on the lap. The child happily holding the steering. The driver bending his head to one side to be able to see the front. More stupid than weird I would say.
SachinVD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 10:50   #35
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a guy who has a, lets say non-stock steering wheel. The steering wheel had two bongo drums (miniature) and the guy was pumping put beats in the slow moving traffic of Mumbai in a red zen.
Tgo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 10:59   #36
BHPian

I can top all the posts made here. And also if this ruins your day or your appetite, I shall not be held responsible.

Was following a motorcycle on a rather empty stretch of road and suddenly this rider let go of his throttle and held his hand to his mouth. I thought he was choking on something and overtook him to see if he needed any assistance. Turns out he was picking his nose. On a motorcycle. In the middle of the road.

The sad part is, the only question I had in my mind is why couldn't he just use his left hand instead of letting go of his throttle.

Also don't ask me what he did with his booger, I was too busy washing my eyes with concentrated sulphuric acid.
esoticoreventon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 11:12   #37
BHPian

Few things I do when I am driving,

1. My morning office commute time is 15 to 25 mins based on traffic and it is my Phone time with family. I'll be on call with my parents to hear how their day went. I will be doing that on my car's Bluetooth headset (only voice call).

2. When driving for long distances, I will remove my shoes when I take a break and keep it in trunk of my car and drive barefoot.

3. When I am in happy mood, audio will be little loud and I will be singing along the lyrics.

4. Again during long drives, I will be driving with one leg folded. Anyhow since I am driving automatic, one leg is more than enough and I do that only on empty stretches of road.
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 11:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
Few things I do when I am driving,

1. My morning office commute time is 15 to 25 mins based on traffic and it is my Phone time with family. I'll be on call with my parents to hear how their day went. I will be doing that on my car's Bluetooth headset (only voice call).
I used to do this, I'll usually call my mom on the way to work, but I realised since my commute is fully b2b traffic and with the infinite # of morons on road at times i get irritated and the same tone gets reflected on the call as well.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha8253 View Post
Many drivers in b'lore have this bad habit of washing there windscreen in signals or during movement, this causes water to spill on the fellow riders nearby.
So; when are they supposed to use their washers?
At home????
akshay4587 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 11:35   #40
BHPian

Somethings I can recall:
A lady is driving. Passenger next to her, is holding a phone to her left ear, so she can talk on the phone. Result: Hogging the fastest lane at the slowest speed.
Old 5th March 2019, 11:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I can top all the posts made here. And also if this ruins your day or your appetite, I shall not be held responsible.

Was following a motorcycle on a rather empty stretch of road and suddenly this rider let go of his throttle and held his hand to his mouth. I thought he was choking on something and overtook him to see if he needed any assistance. Turns out he was picking his nose. On a motorcycle. In the middle of the road...
Well, maybe the matter in question was causing him too much irritation and he preferred his right hand over his left for better efficiency

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 5th March 2019 at 11:40.
Old 5th March 2019, 12:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Come to Gujarat and you will find drivers opening the door and then spitting the “Pan Masala” residue on the road. They don’t do that through the window so that it doesn’t spoil their car but joyfully opens the door while driving and spit. It is very creepy to watch. And no, not only cab drivers, you can see this behaviour from individuals driving an Alto to Audi.

Sad, but true.
I had come to Gujarat and lived there for a year, and experienced this horror several times. Its funny when you are watching it from behind, but scary to think that the idiot behind you could be doing that when you are slowing down!

I have seen Fortuner drivers to classy-looking Mercedes owners doing this thing. They even remove their seat belts and get ready for this magical maneuver

And, I came to this thread to post about it, and (not very surprisingly) found that it is already on top of the list of Weird things that we have seen driver's do while on the move.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 12:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Come to Gujarat and you will find drivers opening the door and then spitting the “Pan Masala” residue on the road. They don’t do that through the window so that it doesn’t spoil their car but joyfully opens the door while driving and spit. It is very creepy to watch. And no, not only cab drivers, you can see this behaviour from individuals driving an Alto to Audi.

Sad, but true.
Reminds me of this accident which happened sometime last year. Hopefully this Jag owner learnt his lesson. Even though it was the hard way.

Weird things you've seen people do while driving-jag.jpg
LOL_FWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 13:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
So; when are they supposed to use their washers?
At home????
Preferably when there is no traffic around, else just as one gets of the parking lot, again when there isn't anyone around.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 13:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Preferably when there is no traffic around, else just as one gets of the parking lot, again when there isn't anyone around.
They are meant to be used, as in when required.
If I got a bird dropping or something in the middle of my windshield while in traffic, I would use it then and there for mine and other's safety.
Also, properly directed washer nozzles, hardly spill water at urban speeds.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks