Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 11:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Accident

On the way to our office, we saw a TATA 407 van crossed the median & hit a load auto coming in the opposite direction. A man did a 100 m sprint from the place, probably the driver of the van, to escape from the crowd. We stopped the car at the left hand side corner of the road to find out what has happened.

On the road, 4 women's in there 30-40's were lying unconscious under hot sun. Driver of the auto in his teenage was crying for help. It seem they all were relatives.

Lots of office goers, stopped their vehicle to have a closer look. Human layer around the accident victims increased several fold & new comers squeezed their way in.

Dialled 100 to inform the police control room about the accident. These guys at control room always do wonderful job (actually do what they are supposed to do). They noted down the place of accident to inform the same to the nearest police station. Some one in the crowd informed that ambulance service was alerted on the same.

There was only minimal bleeding from the head injuries for two & they were able to sit, after water was slashed onto their faces. Two of the other remained lying unconsious, but there were no symptoms of serious injuries.

Minutes passed, one's who had spent their quota of time paved way in for new onlookers, but there were no signs of any ambulance service or police personnel getting in to the site of accident.

Who knows, there might even be serious internal injuries, which would require immediate attention. I asked my friend whether he has any issue's in helping the victims by carrying them to the nearest hospital for first aid in his new swift. He had accepted for the same & all the four were dumped on the rear seat with the driver of the auto taking the front seat.

I took them to a hospital that was located 2 kms away from the accident place. Informed the doctor that 2 women become unconscious as the auto in which they were traveling overturned. Added that there is no external injuries just needed physician attention. So that he atleast attends to the victims, otherwise they simply say to take to Govt hospital. He had asked to bring them inside. With the help of few others, two were carried to beds and the other two walked inside to the hospital slowly.

As I came back to my car, I saw a person calling me inside the hospital. I know what will happen next. They will ask you lots of questions & simply threaten you that they will not attend to the victims. Once they know that there was no one around, they will do the first aid. Also they will give full treatment, if they were convinced that could get their bills paid.

1. KEEP ACCIDENT TOLL FREE NO STORED IN YOUR MOBILE.

2. WHEN YOU SEE AN ACCIDENT, DIAL AND INFORM THIS NUMBER ABOUT THE ACCIDENT

3. MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM THE PLACE OF ACCIDENT CORRECTLY

4. TRY TO GET SOME IDENTITY CARDS OR VISITING CARDS FROM PURSE OF THE VICTIM ( NOTHING WRONG IN DOING IT). TO INFORM PERSONS CLOSE TO THE VICITIM

5. IF POSSIBLE GIVE A HAND IN LIFTING THE VICTIMS TO THE AUTO OR CAR.

6. THINK FOR A MOMENT WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REACTION IF THE VICTIM WERE EITHER YOUR DAD OR MOM OR BROTHER OR SISTER. JUST GIVE 25% OF THAT EFFORT.

ps-1: later was told that both van and auto were traveling in the same direction. Van was tailgating the auto. Auto driver braked to avoid a women who cut the lane without any indication. Van driver could not control & he hit the auto.

ps-2: I dont blame public here. Our system is very bad. Even if one wanted to help the victim, he/she will be harrased with lots of questions from both hospital & Police (in case of fatal accidents). Thats the reason even the good hearted ones are hesitating

Last edited by Surprise : 24th January 2007 at 11:42.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:42   #2
BHPian

Surprise.. job well done. agree with all your points.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:48   #3
BHPian

Hey Surprise, good to know that someone cares..... You are right, 100 does a good job of taking down messages, but somehow the message gets lost after that. Inspite of traffic police being equipped with walkie-talkies, motorcycles, etc., they are always too late to be of any real help.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:49   #4
BHPian

Dear Friend,

You had done a very good job and I Congratulate you for the initiative that you had taken on such a pathetic condition. Now a days nobody will take such an action from their end because of the fear that they have to face later. The Police and Hospital guys also have to be quite understanding on such a situation and this will help a lot who face such incidents and people will get involved to give a hand of help without fear.

You instructions is quite useful and each everyone should practice it from now onwards.

Anyway keep it up my friend ...

Biju

Last edited by biju : 24th January 2007 at 11:55.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:51   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Great humanitarian spirit, Surprise
Old 24th January 2007, 11:52   #6
BHPian

thanks for being a good citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
On the way to our office, we saw a TATA 407 van crossed the median & hit a load auto coming in the opposite direction. A man did a 100 m sprint from the place, probably the driver of the van, to escape from the crowd. We stopped the car at the left hand side corner of .....
on even the good hearted ones are hesitating
Thanks for being a good citizen surprise. I recall a similar incident where one of our colleagues was rammed in to by a drunk auto driver. The auto driver was seriously injured as broken pieces of glass found way in to his neck. It seems people helped our colleague take the guy to a hospital. The hospital guys got our colleague to sign papers to assume responsibility to pay any bills incurred. I am not sure whats going on now, he was called repeatedly by the hospital saying he is responsible to pay the bills.

Despite the risk involved you have a done a good job.
Old 24th January 2007, 13:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you mate. Your day couldnt get any better coz you have done the best deed, it takes a lot to be a good samaritan at times.
Old 24th January 2007, 14:41   #8
BHPian

A very noble and courageous deed. Most of the time people just gather around an accident scene, passively watching and doing nothing beneficial, all they do is create chaos, block traffic and incoming help (ambulance etc.)

God Bless you!
Old 24th January 2007, 14:45   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Surprise, that was one great thing you did

I just wish our system allows the people who care to do their job without getting harrassed in turn
Old 24th January 2007, 14:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

@Surprise : Good work, buddy. Guess thats the least u can do towards being true to your conscience.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:26   #11
BHPian

Good job. Wonder if I could still see guys like you arround.

Quote:
ps-2: I dont blame public here. Our system is very bad. Even if one wanted to help the victim, he/she will be harrased with lots of questions from both hospital & Police (in case of fatal accidents). Thats the reason even the good hearted ones are hesitating
But unfortunately I am one of this most of the time.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:30   #12
BHPian

Surprise, hats off to you for being a good samaritan.

I need to learn from guys like you....

Regards
Tifosi.
Old 24th January 2007, 19:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
I need to learn from guys like you....
Hope you werent a witness to this accident mate .
Old 24th January 2007, 21:24   #14
BHPian

really proud to have such people on-board.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked my friend whether he has any issue's in helping the victims by carrying them to the nearest hospital for first aid in his new swift. He had accepted for the same & all the four were dumped on the rear seat with the driver of the auto taking the front seat.
hats off to you and your friend... Not everyone will be willing to take this step..

Godfather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks