Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 10:20   #1
BHPian

Sober day, The Black Meets the White!

Sober day!
Today morning as on was on my way to office, got stuck in a traffic jam near Kundhalli gate (Bangalore-ITPL road), there was this Black Swift standing in front of my White Omni on the extreme left lane and a police bus standing next to me on the extreme right lane middle line was empty. Left and the right lane was totally jammed the middle lane traffic was moving as I had a lot of work thought of taking the middle lane and brushed the Black beauty (the “Swift”), never ever I’ve felt so bad in my 11 years of driving and this was the first time I brushed a car cause of all my fault. I pulled over to the extreme left lane (the traffic started moving by then) and parked my car got down to check what had happened to the black beauty. A cute looking lady got down, I wished her and “apologized” for my mistake and offered to get her car fixed. It was just a minor scratch little bit of rubbing and polishing will take it off the car. But she gave me a smile and said it’s just a minor one not a problem.
I’m still feeling bad cause I was in so turned down I forgot to even give her my visiting card so that if there is any thing major to be done she could contact me.
This is the first time I committed a mistake and hit another car in my 11 yrs of driving; there goes the reputation and self confidence of driving.
Thanks,
../Mega
Old 25th January 2007, 10:30   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Cute looking lady whose car u bumped and you couldnt get her number ?? Now that would seriously throw to the bins my self confidence .. Nah just kidding .. Nothing to worry mate , this could happen to anyone ..

I know a few people who ended up rolling their cars for over 250ft flipping it 9 times and ended up driving at the single seaters the next week in chennai , another guy who did a vicious 720 deg spin on track and then gets into a turboed car and drives as if nothing happened .. Everyone commits mistakes , its how u learn from them to come out better .. That said , this should certainly not hamper ur confidence .. Just be urself at the wheel , also do not try to be overcautious because of this incident ; thats when all hell breaks loose ..
Old 25th January 2007, 10:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

OK, are u feeling bad because u brushed her car or because u did not give ur card to the cute looking laday (and maybe not take her card in return?)

LOL Just kidding, no offence buddy!
Old 25th January 2007, 11:09   #4
BHPian

She probably thought you atleast apologised and offer repair cost. She might have compared other dare devil drivers who does more damage and dont bother. so she thought you are better off!.

That visiting card part, you missed though.... kidding.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:33   #5
BHPian

I hope your graciousness rub's of on all of the other road user's,good attitude friend.

P.s:(just joining the pack!)R.T.O will give you the adress(Hint!Hint!Hint!).
Old 25th January 2007, 11:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

@mega : Nice of u to stop and offer repair costs. In today's maddening world of cabbies and rash drivers, u were definitely a welcome change.

ITPL and Kundanahalli junction... looks like these places are beginning to figure a lot in the list of accident-prone sites on our forum. No wonder then that i have stopped getting my car to work. Prefer the bike anyday... no hassles, and also reduces commuting time by more thab 50%.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

comeon re "’m still feeling bad cause I was in so turned down I forgot to even give her my visiting card so that if there is any thing major to be done she could contact me." stop drooling!
Old 25th January 2007, 12:08   #8
BHPian

Not Drooling At All

@JkDas,
I'm not drooling My GF looks much better, I was in a Hurry even If It was a guy I would have done the same thing. I never even knew that a lady was driving the Swift untill she got down.

../Mega
Old 25th January 2007, 12:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
No wonder then that i have stopped getting my car to work. Prefer the bike anyday... no hassles, and also reduces commuting time by more thab 50%.
Not sure if that is a good choice. you are dealing with those crazy cab drivers and could hurt you on bike!. Car can be repaired.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:27   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Not sure if that is a good choice. you are dealing with those crazy cab drivers and could hurt you on bike!. Car can be repaired.
Thanx bro, but my commute is only 6 kms to work.
Also, with the standstill traffic u encounter most of the time, bike does make sense.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:40   #11
BHPian

mleh....don't sulk about it too much man...he11, 11 years and you've only brushed one other car due to your fault! that's quite a record for Bangalore!

not saying I do it on a daily basis, but there have been so many incidents where I can say it was 50-50 my fault as well as the other driver's/rider's. But like me, I'm glad you also offered to help all you can, esp. if the victim is a decent guy/gal.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

You did a gentlemans deed by apologising dude. Mega why dont you take up priest-hood mate ?
Old 25th January 2007, 14:05   #13
BHPian

Me thinks I missed something here. Did you say you were distracted by the car or the chick? hmmm...
Old 25th January 2007, 14:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice gesture, such incidents have happened to me twice, once Nothing happened and I said sorry the other guy did not get out and we moved on, another time getting out of my house my accelerator cable got slightly stuck and the Zen very lightly brushed on a morror of an Indigo, I went ahead and stopped a Furious man stepped out and was ready to kick my A**, but since it was my fault I apoligised couple of times and he did not push it any further.

P.S: If I happen to brush or hit any Auto driver where even if it's my fault, no apoligies, KISS MY A** is the gesture for them, most of them don't deserve any good behaviour.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 25th January 2007 at 14:07.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:07   #15
BHPian

@RJStyles
I was expecting you'll be the first one to reply hehe, Yep I'm just trying to find a temple to become a Priest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks