Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 14:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?

I have just received a challan for June for my Honda City at Yamuna expressway but the picture is of a Safari and even the number mentioned in the pic has clearly captured the right number of the safari too yet the challan has been issued to my car.

I do know that the car was parked at home at the time. Does anyone have the mail id where the complaint can be raised?
Old 17th October 2019, 10:43   #17
BHPian

Had only heard about getting challaned for not wearing a helmet while driving a car. Here a twitter user has uploaded this challan.

Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-20191017_094627.jpg

Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-screenshot_20191017094522_rto-vehicle-information.jpg
Old 18th October 2019, 14:56   #18
BHPian

I had last year found a challan on the Mumbai Police app that said that my Linea had been parked illegally. The two photos attached were of a Hyundai Xcent. The number was the same as mine except for a 4th digit post my Linea's 421. I could not make out the digit because the photo was hazy.

Anyway, I wrote an email to the address mentioned in the app. It took them three months but the violation was removed.
Old 16th June 2020, 11:29   #19

Traffic Challan Guidance in New Delhi

Hi Folks

Delhi Traffic Police site is showing a pending challan for over speeding on baba banda singh bahadur setu. There is a picture of my car but no time stamp on the picture or any information on the actual speed of the car.

Can I contest this challan or a picture without actual speed details is considered adequate proof of violation?

I do not have any previous violations and would like to keep a clean slate if possible.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Amit
amsindelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 12:12   #20
J4J
BHPian

Re: Traffic Challan Guidance in New Delhi

Even red light violations do not have "red light" in the frame.
Unless you have a dashcam recording of the same place at the same time with speed info, it will be difficult to contest this.

If you are confident about not over speeding, report this challan (I think they have a report button). If they have received many such requests, maybe it was a camera fault. Again this is just pure luck.

Last edited by J4J : 16th June 2020 at 12:15.
Old 19th June 2020, 21:43   #21
BHPian

Re: Traffic Challan Guidance in New Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsindelhi View Post
Hi Folks

Delhi Traffic Police site is showing a pending challan for over speeding on baba banda singh bahadur setu. There is a picture of my car but no time stamp on the picture or any information on the actual speed of the car.

Can I contest this challan or a picture without actual speed details is considered adequate proof of violation?

I do not have any previous violations and would like to keep a clean slate if possible.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Amit

Ideally you can. Try writing to the DCP/Jt. CP (Traffic), though I doubt they will agree with your viewpoint.

The better scenario would perhaps be to explain this to the magistrate to whom your challan gets forwarded after the time for payment of challan elapses. But keep in mind this would unnecessarily waste time and energy. Magistrates take least interest in traffic cases, often just calling out vehicle numbers and amount to be paid in quick succession (and understandably so; they are doing this alongside other, serious trials).

The cost-effective route would be to just pay the challan, howsoever unfair it might be.
Old 19th June 2020, 22:55   #22

Thanks for the advice. I have sent a mail to DCP Traffic and also sent in an RTI Application seeking information on actual speed details available with the police. I will let you guys know if something positive happens otherwise I will pay the challan.
Old 22nd June 2020, 02:54   #23
BHPian

Kindly let me know if you find a solution. The same happened to me albeit a little differently. ‘My car’ was challaned for overspending in Noida and the image of the car was a Hyundai Verna, I drive a Honda City. My number plate is DL 4C AN XXXX, The car Captured was DL 4C NA XXXX (numbers were same only the middle was different). I contacted traffic police over Facebook and Twitter who advised me to go down to Noida Traffic head but I paid the 2000Rs nonetheless as the car’s RC was under change.
Old 10th October 2020, 09:40   #24
BHPian

I have also been wrongly issued a challan for 5th September. On close inspection the AI has seen M as N and hence the issue. The car in image is Honda City whereas mine is Nexon.
I have raised grievance on the Delhi Traffic Police Portal. Let us see how this gets resolved.

It was a wakeup call to receive this message first thing in the morning and I was like I know all the cameras on my route now
Attached Thumbnails
Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-traffic-challan-honda-city.jpg  

avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 13:15   #25
BANNED

I was issued a wrong challan, the vehicle in the picture is not mine neither person with that vehicle is me, also I never drive without a helmet. Mine is Honda Activa, upon inspection found that the bike's number plate is rusted and the police entered some random numbers in place of missing ones, and thus the challan ended up on my number. Despite multiple complaints through the given mail id and phone numbers, challan wasn't removed from my number.

Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-img_20201010_130253.jpg
Old 16th October 2020, 22:18   #26
BHPian

Guys need some advise..

I was following Google Maps when a Traffic Police Officer asked me to stop and took my driving license saying the route is one way. When I told him that I was just following the maps' route and asked if there was a one-way sign anywhere, he gave me my license back, took a picture of my number plate and asked me to leave. After a few hours, I recieved an e-challan of "Improper Parking".

What can I do in this case?
Old 16th October 2020, 23:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Guys need some advise..

I was following Google Maps when a Traffic Police Officer asked me to stop and took my driving license saying the route is one way. When I told him that I was just following the maps' route and asked if there was a one-way sign anywhere, he gave me my license back, took a picture of my number plate and asked me to leave. After a few hours, I recieved an e-challan of "Improper Parking".

What can I do in this case?

You are in a pickle. Definitely he will have a pic of your car roadside since you stopped. Even i wonder how you can contest this.

Maybe highlight to grievence cell. If no sucess try social media channels.( facebook/Twitter)

Seriously if such “great” law enforcement officers exist, there is no need for thugs in our lovely country.
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 23:16   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

It was a wakeup call to receive this message first thing in the morning and I was like I know all the cameras on my route now
Also we need more clarity on the speed limit. It is usually said that a 10% relaxation is given. But this challan has been issued for doing 66 in a 60kmph zone. Ideally that should be allowed to go un-challaned.

This camera business has become a nuisance. A good idea but the implementation isn't in sync with our traffic. Most signals abruptly turn red from green and there is never free flow of traffic while the signal is green. So you end up inching ahead in b2b traffic and suddenly find yourself staring at a red signal while you are either standing on the stop line or jumping the redlight - for both you will be challenged by the camera. But in reality, you cannot escape this situation.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 18:30   #29
BHPian

I got a challan for being 4 km/hr over-limit. Allowed speed was 90 km/hr & I was photographed at 94 km/Hr. Is not there any buffer provided? This was in Maharashtra. Should I be challenging this?
Old 8th January 2021, 18:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I got a challan for being 4 km/hr over-limit. Allowed speed was 90 km/hr & I was photographed at 94 km/Hr. Is not there any buffer provided? This was in Maharashtra. Should I be challenging this?
No there is no buffer provided for. Pay the ticket.
hserus is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks