Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 13:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Mera number kab aayega ? Still waiting for the bumper to come back to normal position.

A lady in an M800 banged hard into the rear of my Baleno (I happened to be the middle car, like in shuvc's case). I get down, see the middle part deformed, see no point in wasting time arguing with her (her query was, "why did that guy brake like that?" LOL) and drive on, hoping that it would come back to its original shape.

But till date, no luck. Maybe because in my case the bumper actually broke slightly at the centre bottom, which I did not notice then.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:45   #17
BHPian

At last I got to know that even my wagonR is equipped with self correcting bumpers !!! Yesterday I have parked my car in (some cross opposit to new horizon school) indiranagar 100ft road and went to vivek's to buy a vaccum cleaner. The scen when I came back was heart breaking . Saw my car's bumper caved in also broken a bit and a minor dent on boot door. I was feeling so bad thought driving to service station drectly.By the time it was 6:30 PM so I tought I will leave it in the service station in the morning before I go to office. After parking the car in our apartment's parking lot I thought of inspecting the damage once again.Here comes the suprise!. My car's bumper came back to the shape and the damage is not looking that bad now.Is it because my car knows how much i'm caring for her and she doesnt want to see me crying ? But the crack is still there, will be visible on close inspection and minor dent on boot door too remains and paint is peeled off a bit. I wish if could have self reparing mettal sheets too .

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 21st May 2008 at 12:46.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:08   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@BMW, To me it seems more like a good samaritan from your apartment building must have tried fixing it back otherwise it is hard to explain how a bumper coming off can affix itself without manual intervention, unless your struck by a miracle
Old 21st May 2008, 13:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

I once hit a parked Santro while reversing. My Baleno's bumper had caved in at one end. And it stayed that way without cracking up. No damage on the Santro's bumper at all !! Luckily the Santro didnt have a body coloured bumper.

Little nudges seems to be fine. The other day, I didnt even stop to inspect the damage when a Sumo nudged me from behind. All I had to show for the nudge was a tiny scratch.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:06   #20
BHPian

Mobike,

It was not easy to fix with out removing the bumper and I checked it as soon as reached home. It almost returned to the shape, thats why I told my card doesnt want to see me crying because of her.There was and old gentle man standing besides me when I was inspecting the car at the spot and he was commenting nowadays these bumpers are only show peices nothing else !
Old 5th July 2008, 15:16   #21

I've seen the same happen with the new Honda City as well. My dad was driving the car last day back from Ernakulam; he applied brakes at a railway crossing as he saw the barriers coming down, but a biker just behind him didn't slow down and rammed into the car. The damage assessed was with only the bumper and Honda quoted a huge price to fix it...

However, while I was at one of the local shops fixing sun film to the glass, the worker asked if he could have a go with the hot air blower he had. Well. what more do I say.... 15 minutes of hot air later, the bumper popped itself out - and now there's only a small mark of the bumper having gone in once! []

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks