Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.nishant89 View Post
Ideally, there needs to be a change at 2 levels for this move to be beneficial for end users:

2- for toll booths with dedicated FASTag lanes (other than the regular hybrid lanes), ensuring non-FASTag users dont push themselves into the dedicated lanes by issuing threats to the guards (this is an implementation issue).
I wonder why they do not fine(charge extra) if non fast tag users enter the fast tag lane. I have seen boards warning the same in some tolls but not all.The rules are there but not sure how it is followed.This is sure to reduce the lane jumping.
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:33   #47

Re: Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
I wonder why they do not fine(charge extra) if non fast tag users enter the fast tag lane. I have seen boards warning the same in some tolls but not all.The rules are there but not sure how it is followed.This is sure to reduce the lane jumping.
i guess the following article sums up the issue perfectly: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...p/69798893.cms

Implementation if flawed because of peoples mentality of wanting all good things without putting in any effort. People need to realize that changes like this are here to stay for long term and there is going to be a teething problem for such implementation.
gopal.nishant89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 11:38   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
My Feb 2018 TUV 300 came with an Axis Bank Fastag. For one year that followed, I was the one who blocked Fastag lanes by paying cash.
Thanks to SteelMysore for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
For existing Axis bank Fastag, branches could not help me fully. You would have received an SMS from Axis Bank with your Fastag account number. Usually, it begins with 18000xxxxxx. From your Netbanking (of any bank), under the "Add Payee" section, add this Fastag account number as the recipient's account number. It is a Savings bank account. The name can be your name (or vehicle owner) or Fastag. The IFSC code is UTIB0000ETC.

After confirming with SMS from your bank and waiting for 30 minutes (in case of non-Axis bank account), you can recharge with the desired amount via NEFT only. This has worked for me, and I did not have to get fastag from any other sources. Hope this works for you.
Old 29th July 2019, 10:04   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

When the Toll plaza authorities want to have their way, they for sure will by giving all excuses like these below:

Mandatory Fastag Rule Leads To Chaos, Fear Officials:

Quote:
  1. Officials on the ground as well as toll collectors worry that the rule may lead to law and order problems

2. Sources in state unit of NHAI said making FASTag mandatory was impossible considering that people were yet to embrace the digital payment option

3. Monthly records at one of the toll plazas show that only 17% to 20% of the toll fee is collected through FASTag

4. On the Airport road toll, for example, more than 60% of the vehicles are taxis and they do not want FASTag

5. Many persons do not recharge the digital wallet

6. Thousands of vehicles will have FASTag sticker but pay the fee through cash as they have stopped utilising the digital wallet
Reality is different though. The media always tries to visit 2 of the nearest Toll plazas accessible to them and collects inputs from the staff who prefer to provide a biased feedback. The same staff at Nelamangala toll Plaza had once given a statement to the media that All lanes at this toll booth are Fastag enabled but the reality is that it is not. They continue to use hand-held scanner to let vehicles pass the Fastag lane.

For them, the definition of "All lanes enabled with Fastag" means running from lane to lane holding their device and scanning the vehicles which they do only if the traffic flow is less. Otherwise, they argue with the drivers that they need to enter Fastag lane only.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th October 2019 at 09:00. Reason: minor typo
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 11:03   #50
BHPian

FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)

This is no more a rumour. Got these images from Official Twitter handle of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India.

Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)-img_20190722_230547.jpg

Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)-img_20190722_230838.jpg
KING DYSP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 12:12   #51
BHPian

Yesterday I made it a point to stop and enquire at the Vashi toll Naka about Fastag. The person manning the toll booth at first was unsure then he enquired with his associates there and told me the ETC system (I think) is operational and had no idea about Fastag or its implementation even in the near future.
It is appalling the government making mandatory rules but the infrastructure is lacking and so much of confusion. A proper study and organization before implementation is of utmost importance rather than just taxing and creating one more hurdle in the already chaotic life of normal citizens who have to live by.
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 10:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Yesterday I made it a point to stop and enquire at the Vashi toll Naka about Fastag. The person manning the toll booth at first was unsure then he enquired with his associates there and told me the ETC system (I think) is operational and had no idea about Fastag or its implementation even in the near future.
The compulsory implementation and the advertisement is for National Highways only. Vashi, Thane, Airoli (Mumbai exit point) toll naka do not come under NH. They have a different system of ETC tags which is incompatible with Fastag.
nick.cs is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 18:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to SteelMysore for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

For existing Axis bank Fastag, branches could not help me fully. You would have received an SMS from Axis Bank with your Fastag account number. Usually, it begins with 18000xxxxxx. From your Netbanking (of any bank), under the "Add Payee" section, add this Fastag account number as the recipient's account number. It is a Savings bank account. The name can be your name (or vehicle owner) or Fastag. The IFSC code is UTIB0000ETC.

After confirming with SMS from your bank and waiting for 30 minutes (in case of non-Axis bank account), you can recharge with the desired amount via NEFT only. This has worked for me, and I did not have to get fastag from any other sources. Hope this works for you.

Has anyone tried this? It would be a big relief if it has worked. I have a upcoming trip so will go through this method if it has worked for others.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th October 2019 at 09:01. Reason: minor typo
Old 15th August 2019, 02:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
The problem started few months later when suddenly money was deducted from card showing transaction at krishnagiri toll when car was parked at Bangalore in a basement.
Funny enough a similar deduction happened a few weeks later.
As a customer you have no recourse and for such small amounts I can not put energy to take legal action.
Sort of same issue with me too. Many times when the toll guys said FASTag not working and I'd too pay cash I've got messages that cash deducted on FASTag after about 30 mins. My FASTag is on paytm and after raising query regarding the same have seen nothing happen.
Another issue is when someone else borrows the car I've seen my balance deductions even when they claim to have paid cash. No way to avoid this.
Many times FASTag has not worked on return journey due to some issue on toll side which results in extra toll being paid as both ways considered one way.
Hence I too stopped topping up my paytm and is on blacklist for almost an year now. But I am still getting double billed occasionally with some odd cashback to paytm reflecting on FASTag.
The current implementation of fastag is useless and not worth the hassle in my opinion.
Old 5th September 2019, 06:59   #55
BHPian

It's mandatory from Dec 1st. There is going to be teething issues, but good decision nevertheless
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)-img20190905wa0001.jpg  

Old 6th October 2019, 09:43   #56
BHPian

I have been using ICICI fasttag for past 6 months. No issues so far. Toll gates near Satara, Khed-Shivapur already have fasttag readers on all lanes. In current scenario with most folks paying by cash and only few using e-tags, it doesn't give any advantage as anyhow you endup in the queue. I have seen it saves time at toll gates where dedicated lanes for fastatgs ONLY is managed.

Here is my take on the mandate. Its hard to implement this as even one person not able to pay by fastatg for any reason (technical, or no fasttag) it will delay the whole lane. As much as NHAI/Govt is expecting the customers to adopt this, i feel the NHAI/Govt also needs to take a step forward and respect the time spent by vehicles in queue. I have observed the toll operators work more like a recovery agent who pay no heed to the delays and the incurring time and fuel cost a traveller has borne due to long delays.My view would be to implement the mandate, but if any vehicle stops at lane above the designated transaction time, guide the vehicles to a separate lane to handle these manual cases rather than stalling the whole lane. Govt should make previliges for law abiding and cooperating vehicles. This would be more sustainable.
Doc_Hudson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 10:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Hudson View Post
I have been using ICICI fasttag for past 6 months. No issues so far. Toll gates near Satara, Khed-Shivapur already have fasttag readers on all lanes.
Good to read this. I have applied for a Fastag with Icici today, hope it gets delivered soon.

At Satara and Khed Shivapur tolls, do they have hand held scanners in all lanes or the ones installed near the roof of the toll plazas?
Old 6th October 2019, 16:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Good to read this. I have applied for a Fastag with Icici today, hope it gets delivered soon.

At Satara and Khed Shivapur tolls, do they have hand held scanners in all lanes or the ones installed near the roof of the toll plazas?
Satara and Khed-Shivapur, have over head scanners. When your vehicle is near the gate, I point the operator to the tag on windshield, and then they scan it.

At Karad(Tasavade) , Kolhapur(Kini), I had mixed experience. They have a dedicated Fastag lane, sometimes you just have to cross slowly without manual intervention, sometimes they operate using hand held scanners.
Doc_Hudson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 09:23   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Hudson View Post
I have been using ICICI fasttag for past 6 months.
Have you got any cashback? I haven't got any for any of my trips, starting from Sept. last year. When I raised a ticket, ICICI responded saying cashback is released by the Govt. and they aren't aware of timelines.

Wonder how Paytm is prompt with cashback then.
Old 7th October 2019, 09:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

There are 23 banks and NHAI that issue fastags. Which among these is the better one? Does anyone know how good SBI or NHAI's one are? I know ICICI isn't too good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks