Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 10:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Have you got any cashback? I haven't got any for any of my trips, starting from Sept. last year. When I raised a ticket, ICICI responded saying cashback is released by the Govt. and they aren't aware of timelines.

Wonder how Paytm is prompt with cashback then.
No cash back yet. I havent enquired about it. Will post if any update.
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:33   #62
BHPian

Re: Rumour: FASTags to be made mandatory for all vehicles (including existing ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Yesterday I made it a point to stop and enquire at the Vashi toll Naka about Fastag.

A proper study and organization before implementation is of utmost importance rather than just taxing and creating one more hurdle in the already chaotic life of normal citizens who have to live by.
Same here. I have also made a point to stop at those Vashi/Thane toll nakas and demand Fastag payment. But those guys have no idea about Fastag or if there are any other modes than cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
The compulsory implementation and the advertisement is for National Highways only. Vashi, Thane, Airoli (Mumbai exit point) toll naka do not come under NH. They have a different system of ETC tags which is incompatible with Fastag.
Not sure why Vashi/Thane/Airoli should be excluded from Fastag. These toll nakas are major traffic bottlenecks and delay everyone. The queue at those nakas is appalling. They need to move to cashless transit asap, if at all Govt wants to force us paying toll fees. Those toll operators act like thugs and appear like doing us some major favor letting drive on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
It's mandatory from Dec 1st. There is going to be teething issues, but good decision nevertheless
Can't wait for the implementation. Good decision by government. I hope the operations are managed well to avoid chaos and they don't go overboard with linking aadhar nonsense.
ndp88 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 22:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndp88 View Post
Not sure why Vashi/Thane/Airoli should be excluded from Fastag. These toll nakas are major traffic bottlenecks and delay everyone. The queue at those nakas is appalling. They need to move to cashless transit asap, if at all Govt wants to force us paying toll fees. Those toll operators act like thugs and appear like doing us some major favor letting drive on the road.
Some good news on that front. Mumbai entry points to be covered by March 2020.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/71606475.cms
nick.cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 13:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

In major setback, FASTag increases wait time by 29%.

Quote:
Even as digital toll payments through FASTags across national highways increased to at least 60% of total toll collections from December 2019 to January 2020, the average waiting time of vehicles at toll plazas went up by 29%
Quote:
According to data from the central toll plaza traffic monitoring system, which is currently live at 488 plazas, the average waiting for a vehicle between November 15, 2019 and December 14, 2019 was 7 minutes and 44 seconds. This went up to 9 minutes and 57 seconds between December 15, 2019 and January 14, 2020.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 13:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
In major setback, FASTag increases wait time by 29%.
Is this exclusive for Fast Tag lanes or for all the cars passing through a toll? If its latter, I am not surprised. Vehicles in Cash lane are easily waiting for over 10 minutes. I went to Goa last week through Bangalore-Pune highway, took Goa-Mangalore-Bangalore road for return, FASTag was quick. Had a much better experience than earlier. Almost all toll plaza had atleast 10-15 vehicles in cash only lane, even on a weekday.
Old 19th January 2020, 10:27   #66
BHPian

How many of us think that Fastag is an obligatory aadhar of the motor world. A kind of demonetization of illegal automobiles. Fastag can be easily linked to your PAN number and indirectly to Aadhar. Again like all topics in India it can be a matter of debate for and against.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks