Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390

If you don't mind, please name the politician who owns the vehicle. I just want to make sure that I don't vote for him/her even by mistake. Usually politicians try to compensate and cover up any incident that might cause negative publicity. If the car owner tried to influence the police and got away without compensating your losses, I consider him unfit for politics.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Bit late now, all you needed to do is get hold of Bangalore Mirror!
While that is a potential solution, a lot of these things are easier said than done. Not everyone has contacts or is aware of remedies. People can't really be prepared for such scenarios.

Then there is the trauma, fear (expensive car = influential owner), other immediate priorities, limitations etc.

My question is, a crime like this should not legally have a statute of limitations, the likes of which we see in money matters. Can't something be done now? Is there anyone will legal experience who can shed light on this and potentially provide him some help?

It's never too late for justice and this reckless, privileged act deserves punishment. My guess would be, he must have already been shipped off someplace abroad, chilling with Lalit Modi and Vijay Mallya.
aaychat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:45   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaychat View Post
While that is a potential solution, a lot of these things are easier said than done. Not everyone has contacts or is aware of remedies. People can't really be prepared for such scenarios.

Its not as difficult as you would think. If this incident had come up soon after the incident, all you need to do is get someone to tweet about BTP's handling this issue, ping Bangalore Mirror on their contact page - an entitled politico's kids+ fancy car is headline news.

The pressure of the press cannot be ignored.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
If you don't mind, please name the politician who owns the vehicle. I just want to make sure that I don't vote for him/her even by mistake. Usually politicians try to compensate and cover up any incident that might cause negative publicity. If the car owner tried to influence the police and got away without compensating your losses, I consider him unfit for politics.
A search on mParivaahan shows that the car with registration number KA 04 MT 6959 is registered in the name of P&P Agencies. I was able to find the registration number from the "Supercar Accidents thread".

The agency in question is probably a shell company or is a benami holder. This provides the real owner of the car some sort of plausible deniability in the event of an accident.

@Mods : I am not sure if revealing the registration details of the car is in violation of the forum's policy. Please delete the post if it is an infraction.
satishv1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 13:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Its not as difficult as you would think. If this incident had come up soon after the incident, all you need to do is get someone to tweet about BTP's handling this issue, ping Bangalore Mirror on their contact page - an entitled politico's kids+ fancy car is headline news.

The pressure of the press cannot be ignored.
Completely agreed. I work in the industry :P

I just think that in situations like that, it's not always easy for the victim to focus on that given all the immediate personal needs. There needs to a legal mechanism to empower people to come forward regardless of the time lapsed in between. There was an FIR lodged, so technically, he did his bit. We should not need to attract public attention to it which also impacts the victim.
aaychat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshbkartha View Post
So true, with great power comes greater responsibility. I was hit by an out of control Mustang about a year plus back, and if only the politician realised this quote. Am damaged for life with not even one sorry from the politician
My blood boils every time I read about such cases - people committing crimes & then using their riches to escape accountability. In fact, I actively track cases through info available on police/legal dept websites, once any such road accident news comes up. I looked up your case, however could only find initial reports about your accident.
Mind sharing what's your current status?
superbad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
Santhosh, it's so good to hear that your love for bikes has survived and you escaped. Hope you recover well.

It's a shocking reality of our country (and to be honest, most countries) that the powerful escape scot-free.
Nothing shocking about such incidents! It's the norm in our country. I was a bystander in an incident where the son of a prominent politician, in a drunk and inebriate state beat the s*$t out of a few hotel servers and cashier (reason:- late night and the hotel was about to close and they had no more food left). Cops came bollywood style, whisked off the politician's son, intimidated everyone in the hotel and snatched the mobiles of folks who were filming this incident.

No reporting of such incidents takes place. It just happens that I was at that hotel, else this too would be one of the hundreds of incidents involving the rich and powerful , where the common man is made to eat dirt!
Neo18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:04   #23
BHPian

Santhosh, get well soon mate. Hopefully you come out of this sooner than later.
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:04   #24
BHPian

Santhosh, a big hug to you brother. Sending healing vibes & good wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:25   #25
BHPian

Hi Santhosh,

Happy to know that you were lucky enough to survive the accident. You can post the details to twitter handle of 'Commissioner of Police Bengaluru'. Also tag the Office of Chief Minister, Home Minister and Office of Prime Minister. When the views increases it put pressure on them to act. Hope the culprit will be caught.

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 17:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

You are extremely lucky to have survived. Hope and pray you aren't troubled due to this incident in the future and recover from the leg pain fully.

As expected the car seems to be registered under an untraceable company name. Here are the complete details:
Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390-screenshot_20190723170550.png

The politician might be traced if we can get some information about "P and P agencies " but have found nothing credible till now atleast.

Last edited by vishy76 : 23rd July 2019 at 17:12.
vishy76 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 17:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
You are extremely lucky to have survived. Hope and pray you aren't troubled due to this incident in the future and recover from the leg pain fully.

The politician might be traced if we can get some information about "P and P agencies " but have found nothing credible till now atleast.
Someone with contacts at Ford India may be able to help. Sale/service records may indicate the owner name/phone number/email address/residential address.
Old 23rd July 2019, 17:55   #28
BHPian

Hey buddy, wishing you a complete recovery with passage of time. Its great to see you have the mental strength to go back to riding bikes. Regarding that Rich Brat that did this to you, we mango people can only pray that karma gets to this sick person.

Note from Mod: Post edited. Please ensure you always use spaces after punctuation marks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Please see the note that's been added to the end of your post.
Stranger17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 20:52   #29
BHPian

If you look at the vehicle details, you can see financier name. If you have lodged a complaint then the police department should be able to get the owner details through Kotak Mahindra PrimeLtd.
Old 23rd July 2019, 22:13   #30
BHPian

@Santosh - I am sorry for your ordeal! Hope you recover fully both physically and mentally from this episode.

Like somebody asked before, please name the politician and his son. I am sure this is a top shot politician, otherwise it would have been all over the media. It's interesting that the politician's name is not mentioned in any of the numerous articles that came up. So if you know for sure, please share it.

If you don't that's fine. Shit happens !. especially in India. Please move on with your life.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks