Team-BHP - Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/211374-out-control-ford-mustang-crashes-into-my-duke-390-a.html)

So true, with great power comes greater responsibility. I was hit by an out of control Mustang about a year plus back, and if only the politician realised this quote. Am damaged for life with not even one sorry from the politician

Quote:

Originally Posted by santhoshbkartha (Post 4623656)
So true, with great power comes greater responsibility. I was hit by an out of control Mustang about a year plus back, and if only the politician realised this quote. Am damaged for life with not even one sorry from the politician

Pictures of the same accident were shared by a BHPian on this thread sometime in mid-2017.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4218289

Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390-1497685090181.jpg

Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390-1497685104769.jpg

Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390-1497685123218.jpg

Out-of-control Ford Mustang crashes into my Duke 390-1497685136168.jpg

Well as I know it, there is this 20's youngster who gets the mustang as a gift. He takes it out from showroom at 4pm and hits my duke 390 at 8pm. I was waiting at the traffic signal, when I see this 300bhp? monster running all over in front of me out of control. He hits a heavy concrete divider, moves it over, hits my bike and push me against the car beside me. All this happens under cctv, UB city junction and apparently FIR says driver not traceable. I was luckly to react in under a sec and pull my leg up. My feet had minor fractures and lot of muscle damage. Every cold morning is a tough time for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4623770)
Pictures of the same accident was shared on this thread sometime in mid-2017.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4218289

Ahh ok:):) thats me! The story doesnt end on what I just shared. The law and political power that sit on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by santhoshbkartha (Post 4623774)
\ All this happens under cctv, UB city junction and apparently FIR says driver not traceable. I was luckly to react in under a sec and pull my leg up. My feet had minor fractures and lot of muscle damage. Every cold morning is a tough time for me.

\.

Bit late now, all you needed to do is get hold of Bangalore Mirror!

Quote:

Took me a while to notice your motorcycle! Sadly, we can hardly do anything against such people, hopefully you recover physically and mentally from it (too hard I know).

Being a biker myself, I don't enjoy riding on our roads as much as before, track seems to be the place where we can enjoy without worrying about such idiots.

Quote:

I was right there when it happened! I was getting back from my internship, and I had stopped at the signal coming from Kasturba Road. Saw the mustang coming from Cubbon Park side and I started to wonder 'what could go wrong in a Mustang on a wet surface'; just when I was about to finish shoving fries (picked up from the McD Drive-Thru) in my mouth to move at the green light, I saw smoke coming from CCD Square side. Well, the Mustang was inside a Nissan Micra and in between these two cars was a Duke.

I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. I had assumed the worst when I saw the mangled Duke. I hope winters are kind to you in the future.

As for the owner of the car, he posted on Facebook that he was at a 5* Hotel Nearby and the driver of the car was a friend/relative (can't remember what it was) and *there were no injuries*. Well, someone is taking inspirations from a Bollywood Actor. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4624311)
Took me a while to notice your motorcycle! Sadly, we can hardly do anything against such people, hopefully you recover physically and mentally from it (too hard I know).

Being a biker myself, I don't enjoy riding on our roads as much as before, track seems to be the place where we can enjoy without worrying about such idiots.

:) I haven't given up on my love for bikes. Still enjoy it to the core in Bangalore traffic for about 35-40 kms a day. I love the duke in traffic. My love for the bike in traffic is so huge that I cannot express it on the forum. Took a 3 year insurance post this accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka51resident (Post 4624854)
I was right there when it happened! I was getting back from my internship, and I had stopped at the signal coming from Kasturba Road. Saw the mustang coming from Cubbon Park side and I started to wonder 'what could go wrong in a Mustang on a wet surface'; just when I was about to finish shoving fries (picked up from the McD Drive-Thru) in my mouth to move at the green light, I saw smoke coming from CCD Square side. Well, the Mustang was inside a Nissan Micra and in between these two cars was a Duke.

I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. I had assumed the worst when I saw the mangled Duke. I hope winters are kind to you in the future.

As for the owner of the car, he posted on Facebook that he was at a 5* Hotel Nearby and the driver of the car was a friend/relative (can't remember what it was) and *there were no injuries*. Well, someone is taking inspirations from a Bollywood Actor. :Frustrati

:) It was another great experience. A minute or so post the accident the smoke was rising and I feared the car catching fine. My leg was rammed and stuck between the car and bike. No one helped, lot of people busy taking selfies, cops were encouraging people to take selfie, so that he could take the focus off the driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by santhoshbkartha (Post 4623774)
All this happens under cctv, UB city junction and apparently FIR says driver not traceable. I was luckly to react in under a sec and pull my leg up. My feet had minor fractures and lot of muscle damage. Every cold morning is a tough time for me.

Ahh ok:):) thats me! The story doesnt end on what I just shared. The law and political power that sit on it.

If you had the money, time and willpower, the sad way would be to get the courts to pressurise the police to track the car driver. No Mustang owner would lend his car randomly to someone unknown. End of the day, the owner of the car is liable, they should have put pressure on them then

Well I did not have the money. My bike repair costed 50k. Got an insurance of about 29K from hdfc ergo. I had to go through hell to get a new chassis number.

The car owner did have money. Apparently what one of my colleague told me was the car repairs were in range of 28 lacs. (no sure about authenticity)

Santhosh, am really sorry to hear about this accident. Am glad you made it out of it, and wishing you a full recovery from your injuries.

Moving your post to a new thread.

Santhosh, it's so good to hear that your love for bikes has survived and you escaped. Hope you recover well.

It's a shocking reality of our country (and to be honest, most countries) that the powerful escape scot-free.

Sorry to hear about the accident Santhosh. Wishing you a full and fast recovery. Good to hear that you are already back in roads.

On another note, did you atleast manage to get some compensation from the culprit ? Was a case lodged ? Eager to know how things panned out legally.

Sadly, in our country, people with money can do anything and roam freely in the streets. As an independent media with significant viewership, I think Team-BHP can help get some attention to cases like this.

Santhosh, Your ordeal is of a highest order that one can face without making a mistake. In perfect world law would take its course and punish the guilty but the world that we live in is far from it. While I can understand that you did not have money to fight them but you needed to have willpower to see that the owner was troubled for what he made you go through. Have said so, I am not sure if I would have reacted any differently than you in such circumstances.

The first thing to worry about such situation is personal safety and I am glad that you came out of this okay. Injuries will take time but heal over time and you will be back to prime shape in no time.

May science bless you to full recovery!

My heart goes out to you man!! I hope you recover and be good as before, this comes to you from someone who is paying a similar price for no fault whatsoever.

Multiple fractures, complete ligament tear in my left leg, eight months in bed, loss of pay and the terrifying sadness in the eyes of aging mother is what i had to bear.

From a sportsperson who sprinted and enjoyed all sort of field games, i can hardly walk a distance without a limp and accompanying pain.

Sad to see in our country no proper way for the guilty to be punished and they just go on to live without any damn whatsoever.

My best wishes in your recovery.

Santhosh,
Wish you a speedy recovery from this mental and physical trauma.